• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

Somewhat. Local memphis rap is hilarious. The OG stuff was way better than it is now. Back home in Saint Louis is a musical wasteland though, aint nobody got time for that.

Lol I hear ya man. It's almost like 1% of Utah listens to rap. So I'm grabbing whatever I can find from the state.

HiiiLife

Man I used to fuck with J. Coles mixtapes HEAVY. I still do. It feels like it should be a guilty pleasure from all the comments I read here. Lol.

Esch

Banned
This Jet Life tape is pretty fuckin solid. Same ol' subject matter, but the beat quality is pretty good and Young Roddy is bringin energy on all these tracks. I kinda wish he and Fiend would dip from Jet Life and do their own thing. They sound great over these stony, trappier beats.

T Dollarz

Yeah Cole World was mediocre as fuck. Fool needs guidance at album crafting.

Giving Priest Andretti a second listen now. It's pretty average compared to everything else he's dropped recently. Still not bad tho.

We had a Wu talk and no one paged me?? Awwwwhhhh

RAGU motherfuckers.

Rae and Ghost got the best duo mic chemistry in the game. Ghost the best outta the clan, props to people realising that.

Ninja, Dont Sweat the Technique was one the best songs to come out that time.

Ayo ill sign up for that plug thing if yall start doing a Wu wednesday.

Esch

Banned
Priest Andretti's big failing is that it's severely back-loaded IMO, as far as track quality goes. Opening shit is too hit or miss.

Truth be told this Jet World Order is much better, some actually really hot tracks on here. Some boring shit, but the standouts are dope as fuck. To be honest, Spitta's pissing me off with this. He puts that C+ ass Trademark on everything. These Jet Life cuts should be primarily Fiend, Roddy, and Michael Rocks but he stays putting his best crew members on the bench. I wonder why..

Priest Andretti's big failing is that it's severely back-loaded IMO, as far as track quality goes. Opening shit is too hit or miss.

Truth be told this Jet World Order is much better, some actually really hot tracks on here. Some boring shit, but the standouts are dope as fuck. To be honest, Spitta's pissing me off with this. He puts that C+ ass Trademark on everything. These Jet Life cuts should be primarily Fiend, Roddy, and Michael Rocks but he stays putting his best crew members on the bench. I wonder why..
Yo that Jiro was some inspirational stuff.

T Dollarz

Ehh I'm not really interested in listening to it for some reason. Not a fan of them posse cuts, especially after that A$ap Mob mess lmao

Spitta hasn't come close to reaching Covert Coup's excellence. Obviously Priest Andretti was just a throwaway project but I'm hoping we get something more focused from him next. He's the king of quick, unmastered yet sort-of-dope small projects. It's time to go big again imo. The album was super dope but also a bit too glitzy in a sense. I'd love a return to the Pilot Talk days, and of course another Covert Coup...

PBY

Banned
Spitta hasn't come close to reaching Covert Coup's excellence. Obviously Priest Andretti was just a throwaway project but I'm hoping we get something more focused from him next. He's the king of quick, unmastered yet sort-of-dope small projects. It's time to go big again imo. The album was super dope but also a bit too glitzy in a sense. I'd love a return to the Pilot Talk days, and of course another Covert Coup...
Go big? Thats what stoned immaculate was. Huge production.

HiiiLife

First time I heard the track Peso.

"I'ma a pretty motherfucker.. Harlems what I'm-"

Hol up. This dude just call himself pretty?

Son.

Go big? Thats what stoned immaculate was. Huge production.

I don't mean big that way, I mean a full album in the vein of his past work. Stoned Immaculate is basically Spitta's shit with a mainstream glaze, not that I'm saying it's bad of course. My point is that most of his projects since Covert Coup have been very small affairs, then he jumped to the studio album. I'm looking for an in-between album like a Pilot Talk, basically.

It seems like I could get my wish with his upcoming Harry Fraud album

Esch

Banned

Cigarette Boats was a glimpse, we just need the full view. I'm also very intrigued to see him work with Mike WiLL, the snippets of that potential work sounded very interesting.

T Dollarz

I don't mean big that way, I mean a full album in the vein of his past work. Stoned Immaculate is basically Spitta's shit with a mainstream glaze, not that I'm saying it's bad of course. My point is that most of his projects since Covert Coup have been very small affairs, then he jumped to the studio album. I'm looking for an in-between album like a Pilot Talk, basically.

It seems like I could get my wish with his upcoming Harry Fraud album

Say what now?!

I really need to check out that new Murs/9th. This Generation was pretty disappointing. Then again, I haven't enjoyed that much from Fashawn since Boy Meets World.

mooooose

The ASAP part of the concert was bad for me because it was three Rocky songs then 10 Mob songs then 5 Rocky songs. The best part of the ASAP part was having Bodega BAMZ and Flatbush Zombies come out (along with Q). Q's opener was great but the crowd was dead until his last song, Party. I didn't think it was a great concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom