• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Blackace just make a themeless mix. Just keep throwing on whatever random track you feel like one after the other. Some drunk blackace playing in an empty club type shit.
I am going to do that next month

When I can wake up and drink 3 Irish coffees and go ham

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
i think this is basically just an ignorant mix though for the most part

I'm talking straight up "fuck it lets play some Mc Hammer followed by Sir Mix a lot and then lets get a little Issac Hayes in here and oh how about some rage against the machine and fuck it lets throw in some Paul Simon in this bitch" type casual insanity.

I am going to do that next month

When I can wake up and drink 3 Irish coffees and go ham

Fuck ya!

Also with the new pitbull album out, It might be time for a new poppy mix soon.

CRS

ilecBVMX9Jhlo.png

DominoKid

BigGucciSosa300 ‏@ChiefKeef
Me And @Gucci1017 Got Endless sh*t Comin We Jus Gone Make Yall Wait #300

oh yeah.
gucci/keef tape please.

mooooose

I remember the first time I heard Wu Forever, especially Reunited.

I was 16, it was 4 years ago. Probably to the day. I had been into rap for about a year, solely for Wu. I went slow, first with 8 Diagrams (hahahahah), then with Supreme Clientele.... then some Ghostface singles... then OB4CL... then Liquid Swords... then Ironman. I found a new Wu album a month.

Well, I live on LI and me and my family were going to the city to spend the night before Thanksgiving there, get dinner, and then see the parade in the morning. The drive in is like a hour and we went late at night, probably 11.

I sat in the backseat, my parents driving, and I plugged in my iPod. Typically, when I go on any sort of trip that's more than an hour, I save an album to listen to (I saved GKMC for the recent Hurricane Sandy, and listened to it over and over with no power and it's now one of my favorite albums ever, and whenever I listen to it, I remember exactly where I was). I do that with albums a lot because it makes the album more special. I remember where I was exactly when I first heard it, and it becomes part of a greater memory.

Anyway, I put it on and I hear Reunited.

It was the most special thing I'd ever heard in rap. It was unlike all the Wu songs I had heard prior and loved. It was unlike anything I really heard before. It was perfect. It was my favorite song on the album for the longest time.

I'd still argue it's better than Triumph for a posse cut, even if it doesn't have everyone. It sets the tone of Forever perfectly and is one of the most amazing things I've ever heard. Listening to it now, so close to Thanksgiving, I am now in the backseat of my parents' car listening to this for the first time. I even remember what I was thinking about that night (if Supreme NYC was open because they had just dropped a new shirt with a Trojan soldier on it that was dope).

Fuck life is cool.

DominoKid

omg @ the Ali Bombaye song on Jesus Piece. I've been waiting for someone to use that sample.

2 chainz verse (the one in the sample) had been out for like 2 months.
its called twilight zone.

he actually goes in on that shit.

kanye is gonna go in on jesus piece. i can see it now. some classic shit.
i'm dying at this stripper song on here too. church. game is fuckin stupid.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Only perused some random tracks and real talk I'm not feeling Jesus Piece. Though snippets have never shown to be indicative of my opinions of a final product before, so eh.

PBY

Banned
DAT PUSHA JESUS PIECE FEATURE

GOTDAMN

wait.. forreal enzo? this will prob be my 2nd fav game album. and its not even close. and i havent even heard the full thing.

Dem chants.

Just realized why this album is hitting me so hard- how many studio albums we get like this with this kind of sampling?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DAT PUSHA JESUS PIECE FEATURE

GOTDAMN

wait.. forreal enzo? this will prob be my 2nd fav game album. and its not even close. and i havent even heard the full thing.

Dem chants.
Not feeling the flows. I haven't listened to all the snippets though, we'll see. Highly doubt it will crack my top 2 though (Documentary/DA)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'm talking straight up "fuck it lets play some Mc Hammer followed by Sir Mix a lot and then lets get a little Issac Hayes in here and oh how about some rage against the machine and fuck it lets throw in some Paul Simon in this bitch" type casual insanity.

Fuck ya!

Also with the new pitbull album out, It might be time for a new poppy mix soon.

Was kinda on the same thought process

Depending what mood I feel best today will dancehall or poppy
Maybe Both

PBY

Banned
Not feeling the flows. I haven't listened to all the snippets though, we'll see. Highly doubt it will crack my top 2 though (Documentary/DA)

3/4 of the beats on this album could be something Kanye would go over. This is some next level push the envelope shit. Chanting and shit. Like castle rap taken to church. I'm really impressed.

IrishNinja

wait, we're doing out first hip-hop album we got or what? i had bootleg cassettes (let me date myself right quick) but the first shit i paid for ripped columbia house off for was this and House of Pain's debut:

Don%27t_Sweat_the_Technique.jpg

i had to have "know the ledge" and already had juice OST on bootleg from a friend, had to hide it from my mom. my square older brother had NWA but he bought that kmart or whatever edition that was censored, it was sad/funny as fuck to hear "Straight outta compton/a crazy little brother named Ice Cube..."

overcast

Late, but my first rap album I purchased was D12 world as a kid. Thank God my brother was there to steer me in the early years with classics. My middle school years were straight terrible rap wise. Hence D12 world.

IrishNinja

peterboy ima check that shit out prolly tomorrow but did you see that groupon link i posed like ten times in case you wanted to see kendrick or pusha out here in MIA dude

PBY

Banned
peterboy ima check that shit out prolly tomorrow but did you see that groupon link i posed like ten times in case you wanted to see kendrick or pusha out here in MIA dude
Yeah man, my b- I'd actually be100 % in, but I'm in NYC at the moment. Dope lineup. You and Toku and gloom? Shd go

Also, feel so honored ud consider rollin w a soulja girl

Hey guys, my friend just did a track and I just wanted to get your guys' opinions. He spits the second verse. He did some other tracks and he setup his studio recently. He's finally trying to get things started so right now he's doing a collaboration mixtape with a friend and this is one of the tracks. Hope you guys like it.

http://daezhen-kato.bandcamp.com/

IrishNinja

Yeah man, my b- I'd actually be100 % in, but I'm in NYC at the moment. Dope lineup. You and Toku and gloom? Shd go

Also, feel so honored ud consider rollin w a soulja girl

toku's a bit far, even before considering his spiritual state...but yeah man, im down for whatever we can get out of gaf-hop meetups one day, fam!

WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU, YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE

haha this is the auto-response to suspect AOTY claims on leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom