• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am late but ASAP's Fucking Problems is a damn great song. I want a ASAP/Kendrick album.

EDIT: Also, I never heard Big Boi's last album. How was it?

mooooose

Kendrick Lamar is going to be the next big "Jay-Z" esque rapper. Calling it now.

Also I'd love for Rocky to leave ASAP and go to TDE... if that was somehow possible.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Kendrick Lamar is going to be the next big "Jay-Z" esque rapper. Calling it now.

Also I'd love for Rocky to leave ASAP and go to TDE... if that was somehow possible.

Kendrick is closer to a Nas/Slick Rick type than a Jay Z. I mean, did Kdot even drop a product name in the entire album?

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Couple cool tapes that dropped recently...

Young Giftz - Back 2 The Basics
Tcr0r.jpg

This EP is just Giftz going in over Lokey's trap style production. His flow is pretty nice and I think perhaps people who enjoyed Meek's Dreamchasers 2 would be feeling it.

Mouse On Tha Track - Millionaire Dreamzzz

This one is full of infectious Baton Rouge bounce and is all self produced. Recommended to those who enjoy Mannie Fresh at his poppiest moments and even has a Birdman tribute (Track 3, all kinds of fun)

DominoKid

imagine nas or big l over some bombastic clappy fraud shit. it'd be awkward. someone would have to dial it back on the boards or mic.

asap rocky is stupid for not buying fraud beats imo

i agree. but i think rocky wants to avoid looking like he's jumping on the fraud craze. i'd love it though..

lol at french tho. there's no way round it. his flow, emphasis, breath control are all remedial. he makes a guy like action Bronson look like a young nasir

the things he put emphasis on used to bother me at first. but he really knows how to find the groove of a beat. that Mizay influence really rubbed off on him. easily my favorite of this recent wave of NY/southern hybrid rappers.

sn: i thought this Los guy was Rocky anyway when i first heard Ocho Cinco.

What the fuck happened in here on that last page.
Jay Z pop?? Ehhh no. JayZ is the Hip hop GOAT, Stay mad haters.

yeah, as much as we (or at least I) dont like it, its true.

funny story. i've mentioned my jay stan roommate many times on here before.
well anyway were talking about music and he's like "so i told so&so i never heard illmatic, and they said they could never respect my opinion on hip hop again.
me: "yeah i'd probably agree. that's funny that you told him that tho."
him: "i mean, i just never listened to it. i cant take nas seriously after the things jay said about him. it's just hard to believe nas raps."
me: "wait youre really serious?" *hardest facepalm ever*
him: "everything he's saying is a lie."
me: "but you've never heard it though..."

i mean damn...i figured a jay stan would've heard nas' best shit so they could at least hate on the rest of his stuff effectively.

funny story. i've mentioned my jay stan roommate many times on here before.
well anyway were talking about music and he's like "so i told so&so i never heard illmatic, and they said they could never respect my opinion on hip hop again.
me: "yeah i'd probably agree. that's funny that you told him that tho."
him: "i mean, i just never listened to it. i cant take nas seriously after the things jay said about him. it's just hard to believe nas raps."
me: "wait youre really serious?" *hardest facepalm ever*
him: "everything he's saying is a lie."
me: "but you've never heard it though..."

i mean damn...i figured a jay stan would've heard nas' best shit so they could at least hate on the rest of his stuff effectively.

Lol damn... Ive been in a situation like this before. Some more casual rap fans tend to believe what rappers say.

And to write off Nas career on what Jigga said?? Good lord.

Macca

Anyone know a good way to find a song from SoundCloud that has hit its download limit? I really want this instrumental version of Clique w/ the hook
Does this work? It might not, think they might link it per session. If you're using chrome, just start it playing, right click somewhere on the page, go inspect element, click network and it should appear in there. You'll see the yellow bar moving, that should be it.

Fuck it, here's a link

http://acemixes.com/Singles/clique.mp3

DominoKid

Ocho Cinco is the worst track ive heard in years.

Is French Montana some inside joke im not getting.

chad headbutted eyelyn lozada (his wife, she also wrote a book published by YMCMB. it's fucking hilarious)

so in Bad Boy land, "Ocho Cinco" = head & butt

lol.

still an aight song, but that realization made it too funny.

barnone

Does this work? It might not, think they might link it per session. If you're using chrome, just start it playing, right click somewhere on the page, go inspect element, click network and it should appear in there. You'll see the yellow bar moving, that should be it.

Fuck it, here's a link

http://acemixes.com/Singles/clique.mp3

I see the yellow stream representing the MP3, not sure how to rip it out though. I tried to right click and save as a HAR but it just gave me a bad .mp3 file.

EDIT: just realized you uploaded it. Thanks man, I appreciate!

Macca

I see the yellow stream representing the MP3, not sure how to rip it out though. I tried to right click and save as a HAR but it just gave me a bad .mp3 file.
Did the link I posted not work? Song plays ok for me.

With the yellow bar, the way I did it was to copy the link address, post it in my browser, and then right click and save from the little player thing.

EDIT: No worries! I wouldn't be surprised if there's a chrome extension to download to make downloading these easier.

DominoKid

lol dominokid. You read Ochocinco's wife's book?

my mom borrowed it from one of her coworkers. i read some of it when i was home for a weekend. its hard to read because its so poorly written.
the premise is hilarious. it's about a woman who marries a football player and the resulting drama. sound familiar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom