• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I agree he is a piece of shit but honestly the whole genre is full of them and yeah unfortunately a few good impressionable kids will fall under his music's sway and allow it to influence their actions.

However the majority of the people who might try to live by Queef's example in RL were likely already pieces of shit already on their own regardless of what they listen to.

Of all my opinions to take your ball and go home with Glory was the last one I expected to see lol
Anything is possible.
I can't think of many embarrassments larger than releasing BPIII, Best Of Both Worlds, shooting your own brother, and being a categorically ugly mother fucker who probably can't perform in the bed room
Nas still lost. I rather listen to BP3 than Firm album and Nastradamus.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Keef isn't just doing stupid shit or saying stupid shit. I've been listening to hip hop a long goddamn time and I have never encountered an artist whose behavior outside of a booth makes me stop and wonder what the fuck kind of genre would allow such a vile cretin to become rich and famous. I realize plenty of other shitty people have become rich through entertainment, but to me, a line was crossed with Keef. One that Gucci rode right up to, sniffed at, and then turned around and said "naw im cool, I think I want to keep my career and life" and took some steps back from. I get that it's an arbitrary line. I get that only some of us see that line. But it's there for me.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Did Rakim or Kool G Rap embarrass themselves. Also besides being Huge (i mean Huge) Big Pun avoided embarrassing himself.

Future is not a rapper. He's on the "insta delete" list with Kirko Bangz and T Pain. I could really never get into any of whatever it is those guys do.

I agree with Kirko Bangz and T Pain. But Future has something endearing about him to me. I think it's his Under the Sea Little Mermaid style of singing lol.

Oh and Coke Boys 2 is fucking great, I'm not fond of French Montana but that's just a really good tape and I'm enjoying this Mac and Cheese stuff too.

Did Rakim or Kool G Rap embarrass themselves. Also besides being Huge (i mean Huge) Big Pun avoided embarrassing himself.

Pun pistol whipped his wife tho. I know Hispanic chicks talk too much but ain't no excuse for hitting a woman who isn't threatening you with a gun or knife.

Not taking a loss doesn't make you a man. Puffy never took a loss, yall want to crown his ass? I thought so. To lose is to be human. Who has shown us what it is to be human more than Nas? He rose to the top from nothing, lost it all, then made it all back. He's now worth $200 million, according to one of his lines on the appropriately titled Life Is Good

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I agree with Kirko Bangz and T Pain. But Future has something endearing about him to me. I think it's his Under the Sea Little Mermaid style of singing lol.

Oh and Coke Boys 2 is fucking great, I'm not fond of French Montana but that's just a really good tape and I'm enjoying this Mac and Cheese stuff too.

T-Pain??? NoooooOOooo

I love a Pain chorus...

A Pain song? Sometimes doable..

him trying to rap.. no thank you..

Blackace

I like how on the site there's this one guy who comments on the mixes haha, pretty cool. I meant to bring it up in the past, but just remembered now.
He is here

Be nice to get more feedback tho

siddx

He is here

lol mystic kissing that ass to het unbanned. We do need more comments on the site. I pimp the site out on my Facebook but more people need to get the word out. Should get some stickers printed out with the address and just slap them on eveything.

He is here

I barely been able to listen to anything, but I did listen to that dancehall mix that I really liked a lot, smooth stuff and a genre I'm not that really familiar with.

Oh yeah and I don't think I commented but that babymaking 2 is superb.

Macca

lol mystic kissing that ass to het unbanned. We do need more comments on the site. I pimp the site out on my Facebook but more people need to get the word out. Should get some stickers printed out with the address and just slap them on eveything.
Ill be all up over social media and shit when I finally get the player and designed nailed down. At the moment it's just like a soft launch, testing things and building shit out...
What I've been working on today is pretty damn cool if I can get it all hooked up properly.

siddx

Ill be all up over social media and shit when I finally get the player and designed nailed down. At the moment it's just like a soft launch, testing things and building shit out...
What I've been working on today is pretty damn cool if I can get it all hooked up properly.

sweet, sounds good. I worried slightly about the legal aspect to the mixes though. I mean they are Dj mixes which should be fine, but you never know these days.

let me know if there is ever anything else I can help with.

Dancehall mix was tight. Pretty much had most of what I was hoping would be on there so I really enjoyed it.

I pimp that site out to all my friends and now that's pretty much all they play when we're drinking/house parties.

Detox

Not taking a loss doesn't make you a man. Puffy never took a loss, yall want to crown his ass? I thought so. To lose is to be human. Who has shown us what it is to be human more than Nas? He rose to the top from nothing, lost it all, then made it all back. He's now worth $200 million, according to one of his lines on the appropriately titled Life Is Good
my man.

CRS

2329226145-1.jpg

Anybody listen to this? Any good? Seems I missed it.

http://thecafeterialine.bandcamp.com/

Poor HiRes.

Blackace

Pun pistol whipped his wife tho. I know Hispanic chicks talk too much but ain't no excuse for hitting a woman who isn't threatening you with a gun or knife.

Nas is broke

IrishNinja

a mariah one? didn't see that coming, but im all over that

Big Pun beat the crap out of his wife

see i thought part of this was that girl getting smacked up, but we could spend a while naming rappers that laid hands on women, starting with dre, gucci, buddens etc etc

i'm not seeing it either, kid's music aint for me but he's young and does dumb shit like not show up for video shoots....okay? i mean we even got old dudes that are lazy/wasteful, like jay elect and others.

he glorifies violence, perpetuates it as a good thing rather than some grandmaster flash shit, does/says ignorant shit...i get that there's a scale here but much of that is par for the course. if you're gonna argue degrees or that it's a combination of all of the above, at least give some examples that make him worse than a good third of the names we've talked about here for 6 threads now.

siddx

a mariah one? didn't see that coming, but im all over that

see i thought part of this was that girl getting smacked up, but we could spend a while naming rappers that laid hands on women, starting with dre, gucci, buddens etc etc

i'm not seeing it either, kid's music aint for me but he's young and does dumb shit like not show up for video shoots....okay? i mean we even got old dudes that are lazy/wasteful, like jay elect and others.

he glorifies violence, perpetuates it as a good thing rather than some grandmaster flash shit, does/says ignorant shit...i get that there's a scale here but much of that is par for the course. if you're gonna argue degrees or that it's a combination of all of the above, at least give some examples that make him worse than a good third of the names we've talked about here for 6 threads now.

Like I said, I know the line is arbitrary, but it's just where I chose to draw it. I don't know if it's something in particular he said, some random comment to the press, or just the way the motherfucker looks. It might be something as stupid as a random facial expression. But I set the line at him, and decided that he was the point beyond which I feel comfortable in regards to supporting his career and having him represent hip hop in any fashion. You could argue that some of his actions are just a little more ignorant than all the rest, whether that's true or not is debatable. But to me I see a guy who represents that "do not cross" zone. He's the dude standing in the out of bounds begging for the ball and I just don't want to pass it to his stupid ass even if everyone else likes him and wants to involve him in their game. Fuck that, I'm not letting him play, if he's too stupid to get in bounds, I ain't messing with the dude. I know the minute the ball comes his way we lose possession.

Detox

Nas will be going gold when he is 80yrs old, don't worry about him

Keef just turned 17 he still has time to mature. He was born in 1995, Illmatic came out before he was born and Nas will still be selling records when we've all forgotten about Keef.

Blackace

Nas will be going gold when he is 80yrs old, don't worry about him

Keef just turned 17 he still has time to mature. He was born in 1995, Illmatic came out before he was born and Nas will still be selling records when we've all forgotten about Keef.

Did anyone compare Keef to Nas?

siddx

Finally had time to listen to poppy6 and dancehall all the way through.

Murder She Wrote brought me back. I played the hell out of that album. Found it in some random cassette store in Thailand on vacation once and it became my go to album that entire winter.

And gangnam style fits so goddamn well in the poppy mix.

Blackace

Finally had time to listen to poppy6 and dancehall all the way through.

Murder She Wrote brought me back. I played the hell out of that album. Found it in some random cassette store in Thailand on vacation once and it became my go to album that entire winter.

And gangnam style fits so goddamn well in the poppy mix.

I wish I were more versed in Dance Hall...

Love the genre.

Gangnam style is the type of song I make poppy mixes for!

Detox

Nope, I just wanted to reiterate the GOAT occupies a place outside the temporal sphere, people will come and go, fads will change and Nas will still be here.

Blackace

Nope, I just wanted to reiterate the GOAT occupies a place outside the temporal sphere, people will come and go, fads will change and Nas will still be here.

And still be losing :(

siddx

I wish I were more versed in Dance Hall...

Love the genre.

Gangnam style is the type of song I make poppy mixes for!

I went through a short phase where I downloaded every bounty killer and beenie man song I could find. There is a ton of good stuff out there, but a lot of horribly repetitive stuff too. I love that it works as great chillout music but you can also dance to it.

Started listening to the new Murs/9th

I'm definitely feeling this. It's good. Not AOTY good but still good.

Get that Buckshot/9th wonder album too. The two albums kinda go nice together.

Blackace

I went through a short phase where I downloaded every bounty killer and beenie man song I could find. There is a ton of good stuff out there, but a lot of horribly repetitive stuff too. I love that it works as great chillout music but you can also dance to it.

There was that era for like 5 years where Dance Hall was beautiful...

Blackace

As much as Keef (to some here) is bad for rap Gungan Style is bad for everyone.

I have heard people claim that western people who like it are racist.. But that is pure bullshit IMO...

I always felt that the lifestyle which is made fun of in Gangnam Style is rather.. unspecific? I know people from Zürich who fit that stereotype like a glove.

Edit: oh, it's apparently because people are laughing at an Asian doing weird shit... smh

Novid

Banned
Wait now you have to elaborate.

I dont particlarly like the song, i dont like the rapper, i dont like who or what he represents...

yeah it made fun but j-pop did better. im still wating for those folks to do a world wide...hit on the same level... till then - its what ever.

Blackace

I dont particlarly like the song, i dont like the rapper, i dont like who or what he represents...

yeah it made fun but j-pop did better. im still wating for those folks to do a world wide...hit on the same level... till then - its what ever.

Calling something racist is a big claim... Not really whatever

HiResDes

The title track on the Buckshot is fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom