• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

new yeezy? eatin

Kim still trying to pack them bloated ass feet into heels lmao. That cannot be comfortable. Just wear some sneakers or something. Yeezy will understand.

let one of ya'll say you wouldn't hit that shit
id do it like chris rock on rachel ray "i'd fuck her arm-fat"

DominoKid

Noz doing his Noz shit on twitter.
i think kanye might presently have enough cultural capital to go all in on the black power tip and have a positive effect on the world

then again half of watch the throne was explicitly on that wavelength and nobody even noticed

i just wish kanye could figure it out the dichotomous shit was cute in his youth but now it's like bruh stand for something and stand there

j/k i don't care about politics i hope kanye gets paaaaaid

*does money dance to "new slaves"*

Is Jimmy taking The Roots with him?

I reaaaaaally hope so. I really wish they could just move this show up an hour but I bet Jimmy's gonna have to change all types of shit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
new yeezy? eatin

let one of ya'll say you wouldn't hit that shit
id do it like chris rock on rachel ray "i'd fuck her arm-fat"

Real talk.. not interested.. She is pretty hot tho.. But I am weird like that

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Meh. I'm more interested in whatever it was that the DJ was playing from Yeezy. The Daft Punk shit sounded fire. This song is kinda wack(who the fuck was singing...), but the beat goes all the way in. Need that cdq tho.

IrishNinja

quick someone post that forum screencap, you know which one

WHAT YOU MEAN YOU AINT LEAKIN THE ALBUM, MY NINJA WE BEEN UP FOR THIS, WE AINT HIT THE GYM OR OUR GIRLS, JUST WAITING

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
you cant reason with a stan at this stage. their hype canals get all dilated, eating habits get fucked up, they start sporting related avatars, complete implosion.

just wait for june
Fun fact, you also can't reason with people who make conjectures on arguments they never even read in the first place! Ignorance is bliss though.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Fun fact, you also can't reason with people who make conjectures on arguments they never even read in the first place! Ignorance is bliss though.
I don't even know what to say to that guy anymore. He's gone off the deep end.

DominoKid

Quick Poll while were in the midst of Yeezy Season.

De La Soul vs A Tribe Called Quest? and Why? (if you feel like explaining)

We don't talk much about either so I'm curious. I'm a Tribe guy myself.

Haven't been able to give De La Soul a proper listen even though I have a couple of their albums. I've listened to all the Tribes albums though and the Renaissance is fucking great. So Tribe for me I guess...
I even bought Kamaal the Abstract or whatever the fuck that Q-Tip album was.
Isn't Q-Tip at GOOD? What are they doing with him?

Blackace

Tribe Called Quest because Phife Dawg

PBY

Banned
I SEEN IT BREHS

Just got back.

Went to Columbus Circle, got a full vid, will post later.

Man, so much goddamn Pyrex vision, it was like a team of HBA 23s.

A truck pulled up with speakers and a projector, looking sketchy as hell, parked in the middle of the road, and projected it onto the museum through a few trees.

Looked cool as hell through the trees, song bangs live. Still couldn't make out the singing portions.

DominoKid

Haven't been able to give De La Soul a proper listen even though I have a couple of their albums. I've listened to all the Tribes albums though and the Renaissance is fucking great. So Tribe for me I guess...
I even bought Kamaal the Abstract or whatever the fuck that Q-Tip album was.
Isn't Q-Tip at GOOD? What are they doing with him?

Making beats.

Esch

Banned

De La for me. I prefer their instrumentals... And think their sense of composition is better. I think most people will say Tribe though, who write more memorable tracks.

IrishNinja

Tribe all day, still one of the best to do it...but i wish idve gotten more into De La in the day as well.

still mad my girl lost my Award Tour shirt too, you never find concert shit again just somebody slapping a logo on a white or black shirt on ebay and shit

like i remember for my 16th birthday this hoodrat chick gave me this dope Wu shirt, it's the big ass golden W on a black shirt like you see right, but onna back it had "AINT NOTHIN TO FUCK WIT"...i knew shit was hard cause when i went to roller rink they made me wear it inside out to get in

it was obviously around this time i embraced the thug life

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I SEEN IT BREHS

Just got back.

Went to Columbus Circle, got a full vid, will post later.

Man, so much goddamn Pyrex vision, it was like a team of HBA 23s.

A truck pulled up with speakers and a projector, looking sketchy as hell, parked in the middle of the road, and projected it onto the museum through a few trees.

Looked cool as hell through the trees, song bangs live. Still couldn't make out the singing portions.

Yeezy's face on the front of this hotel was legit cool. looked like he was wearing a crown. I shot that.

Recon

Banned
I just made a god tier beat. We at my boys place, roxys, Addie's,white widow/Alaskan thunderfuck, and I just became a producing genius. I shit you not , this tape we are doing is gonna make pp want to kiss me.

Jay Sosa

I just made a god tier beat. We at my boys place, roxys, Addie's,white widow/Alaskan thunderfuck, and I just became a producing genius. I shit you not , this tape we are doing is gonna make pp want to kiss me.

you can't post something like that without giving us at least a small sample of that supposedly godlike beat.

Btw: what program are you using?

And on a completely unrelated note I almost got lost running through the woods yesterday. Now my toes and feet are all fucked up because I had to run for about 20k to find my way back.

Recon

Banned
you can't post something like that without giving us at least a small sample of that supposedly godlike beat.

Btw: what program are you using?

And on a completely unrelated note I almost got lost running through the woods yesterday. Now my toes and feet are all fucked up because I had to run for about 20k to find my way back.

the thing is breh, i'm sure pp would want to kiss you even if you didn't make a good tape.

but yeah link us a soundcloud or some shit.

Only have Internet on my phone, no wifi out here. I'll upload a snippet when I get back home. It's a trippy trap beat with an 80's vibe.

you cant reason with a stan at this stage. their hype canals get all dilated, eating habits get fucked up, they start sporting related avatars, complete implosion.
What's funny is that soon as Kanye put that up on Twitter he will be showing his video on 66 buildings...peter said Kanye does no promo...lol. At least Enzo didn't say it though, I am sure he knows this definitely is.
Vato is one of my all-time favorite neptunes beats.

Same, but I am not that huge on neptunes.
De La for me. I prefer their instrumentals... And think their sense of composition is better. I think most people will say Tribe though, who write more memorable tracks.

Pretty much my reason

Ah, I love Kanye threads in OT. People really lose their shit over him

What's funny is that soon as Kanye put that up on Twitter he will be showing his video on 66 buildings...peter said Kanye does no promo...lol. At least Enzo didn't say it though, I am sure he knows this definitely is.
It's like GAF-Hop knew this was going to happen, lol.

Edit: Tribe vs De La? Going to have to side with De La since I actually got into them before Tribe, but Tribe is like a reaaaaaaaaaalllllll close second.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Tribe has better songs, De La has more that I like. Tribe has two A albums, De la has three B+/A- albums. Tribe at it's best is hard to match, while De La is more consistent but never reaches the same peak. But comes close.
In the end I'd choose Tribe though.

codhand

de la v. tribe? dont make me choose god dammit

my favorite native tongue member was always prince paul though

tribe classics, 1st 2nd and 3rd albums
de la classics 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, with a continued live show presence and consistent good releases during a period where native tongues were essentially dead and gone, so i guess de la win

fave albums from each; 3 ft high and low end theory

objective best album from either; midnight marauders

Blackace

Tribe all day, still one of the best to do it...but i wish idve gotten more into De La in the day as well.

still mad my girl lost my Award Tour shirt too, you never find concert shit again just somebody slapping a logo on a white or black shirt on ebay and shit

like i remember for my 16th birthday this hoodrat chick gave me this dope Wu shirt, it's the big ass golden W on a black shirt like you see right, but onna back it had "AINT NOTHIN TO FUCK WIT"...i knew shit was hard cause when i went to roller rink they made me wear it inside out to get in

it was obviously around this time i embraced the thug life

This is one of the best stories ever

thabiz

tribe.

de la dropped some classics for sure. at the end of the day, tribe just had the hits. mad respect for the whole tongue crew. bring that shit BACK!

i always find it funny that they both released their last good album the same year.

thabiz

a3412806331_2.jpg

E. Grizzly - Generation 01000001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom