• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I just realized I've gotten very little music this year. Something like only 16 or 17 albums/mixtapes. I've just been relying on ace's mixes for music.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Oh the song? Lol I listened when u posted it, had no idea what was going on the first few seconds.

But that's dope ur making dem power moves.

That just fell in my lap... I felt like a rookie when I got I didn't know what to say or do... lol

PBY

Banned
Word? Thanks

Think people aren't as excited as they used to be so don't get much feedback anymore

Nah man, don't think that. People def still listen, I know I do. The novelty isn't there obviously, but you're still doing gods work. Thats my workout right there.

Blackace

Nah man, don't think that. People def still listen, I know I do. The novelty isn't there obviously, but you're still doing gods work. Thats my workout right there.

Appreciate it! I don't mind putting in work!

Just the feedback really helps me. Like what we stuff people feel, or flow or whatever!

see5harp

Isn't GZA supposed to be a shitty performer live? I'm gonna be in LA for E3, and noticed he'll be in town that Monday night...hesitant about pulling the trigger on tickets though.

oh, and good luck Des (damn I missed out on the story behind that...)

*hugs vasectomy*

I saw him do Liquid Swords in it's entirety with along with his weed carrier Cappadonna. Cappadonna was probably a better performer than GZA to be honest.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Appreciate it! I don't mind putting in work!

Just the feedback really helps me. Like what we stuff people feel, or flow or whatever!

Yeah I download every single mix I see you post on here. I'd be more vocal with feedback but I've been so busy lately I barely get time on gaf. I feel like I've been left behind in the ever moving world of gaf hop. It's hard to jump back in as a regular once you've been gone for so long.

38 just had a real consistent feel to it. And a strong middle. The opening few songs and the middle are where a mix makes or breaks for me. If I can't get into it from track 1 it's hard for me to keep going back to it.
Trapmix was...odd. I enjoyed it but some of the songs definitely had me like "wtf is happening right now?" I gave it three listens and despite it being a bit odd, I enjoyed it every time. I think the length was perfect too. I don't think I could have managed an hour straight of it.

I'd like to see some more artist mixes though. A Wu mix, a G unit mix (or just 50), a cypress mix (although I know you don't think they have enough material). I wouldn't mind another poppy mix too. A wayne mix might even be nice. I'm not a huge fan but he's got his highs, enough for a mix I think. I also still think you should bang out some mini mixes. Like 20-40 minute mixes of artists that may not have the disco for a full hour mix.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
U.O.E.N.O. (rmx)

How I feel:
e9abj2b.gif

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Just found out kendrick lamer is supporting eminem in glasgow, This is the best year of my life.

Fuck yeah

Getting to see kendrick twice in one year is a big highlight

Hah you had scissors to your weiner.

was awake the whole time, like a boss

shit was awkward

CRS said:
Don't waste your time. Spend it partying with the rest of the E3 goers.

see5harp said:
I saw him do Liquid Swords in it's entirety with along with his weed carrier Cappadonna. Cappadonna was probably a better performer than GZA to be honest.

meh, might have to pass then.

mooooose

I realized today why Ab-Soul "sucks" now. Since CS he's only done features and whenever he is on a song with normal rappers with good flow, Ab-Soul's flow makes him sound fucking stupid. Rather than sound like an idiot savant, like on his own stuff, he sounds really dumb.

Blackace

Yeah I download every single mix I see you post on here. I'd be more vocal with feedback but I've been so busy lately I barely get time on gaf. I feel like I've been left behind in the ever moving world of gaf hop. It's hard to jump back in as a regular once you've been gone for so long.

38 just had a real consistent feel to it. And a strong middle. The opening few songs and the middle are where a mix makes or breaks for me. If I can't get into it from track 1 it's hard for me to keep going back to it.
Trapmix was...odd. I enjoyed it but some of the songs definitely had me like "wtf is happening right now?" I gave it three listens and despite it being a bit odd, I enjoyed it every time. I think the length was perfect too. I don't think I could have managed an hour straight of it.

I'd like to see some more artist mixes though. A Wu mix, a G unit mix (or just 50), a cypress mix (although I know you don't think they have enough material). I wouldn't mind another poppy mix too. A wayne mix might even be nice. I'm not a huge fan but he's got his highs, enough for a mix I think. I also still think you should bang out some mini mixes. Like 20-40 minute mixes of artists that may not have the disco for a full hour mix.

Yeah, my own time has been limited lately with work and side hustles. So I havent been as active as I would like to be...also I don't want people to think they have to give feedback or I will just pull the plug but from time to time stuff like this is golden for me!

Yeah, I have been thinking of some artist mixes to play with myself. The poppy side is kinda quiet at the moment... I don't know what is up with that..

I'd kill for a stripper mix

Haven't been to a strip club in like 15 years. I remember the girls at Rick's being ratchet and dancing to Scarface tho.l

I'm just kinda played out on the ignorant shit to be honest

Well, I have to stay up on it to eat...

There's only a certain level I can take in music. Basically Gucci mane is too much for me.

Too bad... The greatest beats in the industry are made for rappers just like him.

Finally listened to Coldvein. Dont know how that slipped under the radar for so long but god damn its pretty great.

Worked 11 hour shifts all week and heard 3 taylor swift songs maybe 100 times over so this is pretty refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom