• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Wait is there supposed to be a completely random interlude that doesn't fit the song at all in the middle of On Sight or is my copy fugazi?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Wait is there supposed to be a completely random interlude that doesn't fit the song at all in the middle of On Sight or is my copy fugazi?
It's just how the album is crafted. I think bound is a call back to that original sample. Also the sample is from a choir singing about Jesus/God so it works.

mooooose

I got a little bored by the album by the end because it kinda beats on a similar drum throughout and feels a lot like Cruel Summer in terms of pacing, but it is still really good.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I got a little bored by the album by the end because it kinda beats on a similar drum throughout and feels a lot like Cruel Summer in terms of pacing, but it is still really good.
Seems the inverse of the pacing of Cruel Summer, outside of say, Bound 2. Hits the hardest in the second half.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I fucking hate that yelling shit in my rock songs and can't stand it here. It ruins I Am A God, for me.

On Sight and Send It Up are absolutely God Tier. The rest range from okay to basura. It's not a bad album, but some of this shit isn't for me.

Major, and I do mean major LOL to Cole for thinking he was coming close to this. Fuck was he thinking.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kinda sad, I was moderately enjoying the first half of that Mac Miller but now I can't go back to it after listening to Yeezus. Gonna have to give it a few months.

Esch

Banned
Just finished it.

iw0qGaMjDc8t4.gif

I have to say, I think Kanye may have just constructed his best album yet. I usually bag on his music for being sonically and ideologically incoherent, but on this he really took it to a different level. He took the best part of his work since Graduation and synthesized it with sounds of the underground and mainstream. Not just in rap too. There are some moments on here that remind me of my favorite death metal albums from high school. This keys section on hold my liquor had me catching literal feels, reminded me of Windows from The Red in the Sky is Ours. I think Kanye really transcended rap with this album. My favorite track from MBTDF is Lost in the World, and I love that the lighter sections on this album evoke that otherworldly, ethereal symphonic feel that you would hear from some shit like Solar Fields or other ambient. The industrial sections are also pretty well done. To be honest, this album is sonically speaking right up my alley in every possible way. HE EVEN REMADE A C MURDER SONG. It's like he was listening to all my favorite classic electronic and metal music and synthesized it with his own music and the underground rap stuff pushing shit forward like TNGHT Death Grips, Shabazz, Killer Mike and El-P. The best part is he actually managed to compose songs with gradual compositional changes, natural evolution instead of the sophomoric, immature transitionless beat changes on all his post 808s work. This album is to me, a bonafide classic, the best Kanye album. And people are going to hate it.

5 mics.

DominoKid

I really think Kanye doesn't even like Cole.

I always heard Kanye and Drake had problems, but they've worked together a good bit between between videos, features & production.

Fans had to beg Kanye to put Cole on a GOOD Friday track and other than that they haven't done shit together.

Cudder

Yeezus is fucking CRAZY. Shit is weird as fuck.

Yeezus has album of the year in the fucking bag unless Danny Brown puts out an amazing album. He's the only person who has a chance. No one else will come close.

Nah the first half blew my mind, second half was boring besides I'm In It and Bound.

smh at claiming AOTY before you even get to the end of the album

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just finished it.

iw0qGaMjDc8t4.gif

I have to say, I think Kanye may have just constructed his best album yet. I usually bag on his music for being sonically and ideologically incoherent, but on this he really took it to a different level. He took the best part of his work since Graduation and synthesized it with sounds of the underground and mainstream. Not just in rap too. There are some moments on here that remind me of my favorite death metal albums from high school. This keys section on hold my liquor had me catching literal feels, reminded me of Windows from The Red in the Sky is Ours. I think Kanye really transcended rap with this album. My favorite track from MBTDF is Lost in the World, and I love that the lighter sections on this album evoke that otherworldly, ethereal symphonic feel that you would hear from some shit like Solar Fields or other ambient. The industrial sections are also pretty well done. To be honest, this album is sonically speaking right up my alley in every possible way. HE EVEN REMADE A C MURDER SONG. It's like he was listening to all my favorite classic electronic and metal music and synthesized it with his own music and the underground rap stuff pushing shit forward like TNGHT Death Grips, Shabazz, Killer Mike and El-P. The best part is he actually managed to compose songs with gradual compositional changes, natural evolution instead of the sophomoric, immature transitionless beat changes on all his post 808s work. This album is to me, a bonafide classic, the best Kanye album. And people are going to hate it.

5 mics.

new_birth_crowns_eddie_long_as_king_youtube.gif

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I think Mac's album flows a bit better than Yeezus. The Production on Yeezy's album is way better. That's not to say Miller didn't have great production, because he did. Kanye is just on some next level shit.

I can't believe this is an actual discussion... Good shit Mac.

Mac came through hard. He honestly stands not far from Yeezus. He may come in on top 10 lists.

Indeed

Esch

Banned
Y'all are bugging if you think Mac's album comes within sniffing distance of this album's poop tbh. Mac Miller's album has some good beats, is competent, but is filled with mediocre rapping. This shit is actually moving the game forward. Kanye pretty much let his 2nd rate rapping take the backseat on most of this ish and just went full on with the production.

Motherfuckers comparing Call of Duty to Half Life right now.

Jitters

Just finished it.

5 mics.

Don't know if its his best, but very well said.

Kanye is one of those artist pushing the genre in the right direction.

Y'all are bugging if you think Mac's album comes within sniffing distance of this album's poop tbh. Mac Miller's album has some good beats, is competent, but is filled with mediocre rapping. This shit is actually moving the game forward. Kanye pretty much let his 2nd rate rapping take the backseat on most of this ish and just went full on with the production.

Motherfuckers comparing Call of Duty to Half Life right now.

Half Life 2 eh?

Esch

Banned
Half Life 2 eh?
Either one is milestone status, doesn't matter which one you pick.

Damn i know i'm gonna speed to this album. Especially the c-murder joint.

this dude must have been reading all my posts bagging on him and decided to stunt on me, Kanye reads GAF HOP confirmed.

You fuckers. I'm at work right now, can't listen to this until i get home in a few hours.

Transcends rap? Down for my niggas sample? Eschaton bought the hype? i'm dying here guys. this sounds like too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom