• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tupac was the only one I talked shit about really. I don't like DMX, N.W.A., Jay Z.

Jay Z? Okay I get it, its cool and trendy to hate Jay Z now so your just being a sheep.

But DMX? The fuck is this shit. He's fallen way off
Undisputed AOTY 2012

But if Its Dark and Hell Is Hot isn't some hype shit to you, meanwhile you bump Kitty Pride and actively enjoy Riff Raff. Well then your just fucking lame.

PBY

Banned
DROPPIN IN 4 HOURS

BOARD DAT HYPE TRAIN

Cory_Gunz_Datz_Wtf_Im_Talkin_Bout-front-large.jpg

caesar

Banned
I don't really get how you can like Kitty Pryde, it's like the same lvl as Kreayshawn to me. It doesn't get you hype, the lyrics are bad and not really introspective, her beats aren't good. Most importantly of all, she doesn't have any aura at all. Like, it's fine to like a technically bad rapper, I like plenty of them. For example, Bones lyrically isn't that great and mentions his switchblade in his pocket every other song, but damn the beats he chooses and the atmosphere he creates in his music is dope. He has aura, this is like the most important thing about a rapper to me. Maybe if I think about it like a spectrum, where one end is the absurd (Danny Brown) and the other is the sort of biographical/storyteller (Kendrick or smth) , Kitty is firmly in the 'meh' part of the spectrum.

My friend doesn't even who Sean Price is, but he likes all of his sketches. Price is hilarious. Also I feel like some of you should give Daisy Rage a shot. It's not horrible and you will come out having a better opinion of Kitty Pryde...shit I know I did.

SadAli

Neo Member
Rap music should make you feel something IMHO. Whimsical, overly self aware stuff like Kitty Pryde is never going to do that for me. It's twee and safe, something that I don't want in my hip hop.

It's also not just lyrical complexity or subject matter, it's as much about passion and delivery which is why there are more "simplistic" engaging rappers I'd much rather listen to than someone spitting complex metaphors while boring me to tears.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I think it's funny that Jitters thinks Recon and Esch and HRD and me are basically all the same.

Also, Aesop the GOAT and Pac is overrated? How many blows to the head do you need to take for that to even make sense?

Rap music should make you feel something IMHO. Whimsical, overly self aware stuff like Kitty Pryde is never going to do that for me. It's twee and safe, something that I don't want in my hip hop.

It's also not just lyrical complexity or subject matter, it's as much about passion and delivery which is why there are more "simplistic" engaging rappers I'd much rather listen to than someone spitting complex metaphors while boring me to tears.
Agree 100%

Detox

Is arma ii good brehs or is it another awful eurojank pos
It's good but very hardcore, very slow paced and extremely tactical. I would recommend arma iii more mods and support going in the future and far better gunplay. You feel each bullet leaving your gun it's quite special.

Any Street Fighter heads in here? I think Enzo may be... That Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition is €15 on Live. Is it worth picking up? I already have Super Street Fighter 4.

The upgrade is like €14.50
The Game plus upgrade is €15

Id be happier not having to use a disc tbh.

Anyways, is Arcade Edition worth picking up??

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Any Street Fighter heads in here? I think Enzo may be... That Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition is €15 on Live. Is it worth picking up? I already have Super Street Fighter 4.

The upgrade is like €14.50
The Game plus upgrade is €15

Id be happier not having to use a disc tbh.

Anyways, is Arcade Edition worth picking up??

Yes. If nothing more than the extended roster of characters to fuck around with. It's a small thing, but I also found some of the movements a bit better in AE, though that might have just been in my head.

Jitters

Jay Z? Okay I get it, its cool and trendy to hate Jay Z now so your just being a sheep.

But DMX? The fuck is this shit. He's fallen way off
Undisputed AOTY 2012

But if Its Dark and Hell Is Hot isn't some hype shit to you, meanwhile you bump Kitty Pride and actively enjoy Riff Raff. Well then your just fucking lame.

You see that is what the conversation was about. Don't attack me, but tell me why I'm wrong. You are doing exactly what I said the problem was. I thought it was finally cleared up, guess not.

Isn't really necessary to tell you why you are wrong when you are stuck in such a mindset that thosr artist are lame. Those artists are praised to death so what could we possibly say about people like NWA that would change your mind. If anything you are the one who needs tp go more in depth with why you don't like them because you are in the minority. Give us another viewpoint than oh I am not 15 anymore so that's lame.

Jitters

Isn't really necessary to tell you why you are wrong when you are stuck in such a mindset that thosr artist are lame. Those artists are praised to death so what could we possibly say about people like NWA that would change your mind. If anything you are the one who needs tp go more in depth with why you don't like them because you are in the minority. Give us another viewpoint than oh I am not 15 anymore so that's lame.

But this the reason. I was pretty clear about why I disliked the stuff I dislike.

I feel like that discussion was for nothing. Just forget it. Its not important.

codhand

Jitters

You really wasn't clear. It's clear you dislike gangster rap that is far fetched but NWA, DMX don't fit that to me

You see, that is not what the conversation was about. It was about the fact that I was treated like a troll for having different opinions. I had extremely common opinions(uncommon on here), but was deemed a "try hard" or "troll", which is just sad. I was tired of it being about me being a "troll" than what I actually said. I can't believe 1 1/2 pages didn't get that across. Now I don't want to keep filling the pages with this stuff. If it didn't get through in the last convo, it never will.

I tried to make it so it was less about me and more about what I said, and it backfired and made it more about me than ever before. I have to give up.

I clearly wasn't talking bout you being called a troll though, I was replying to you saying you said you were clear about disliking thag music.

I don't care about yoi being called a troll really

But change your avatar and find a better way to present your opinons. You type as if your mind is so scrambled sometimes

I saw Heems, but not Kool A.D. Come back DR ;~;
After Nehru Jackets and Peaceful Solutions, I'm sure they could come back with something special.

Dereck

I saw Heems, but not Kool A.D. Come back DR ;~;
After Nehru Jackets and Peaceful Solutions, I'm sure they could come back with something special.
It seems like Dap and Heems still chill with each other. The fuck is going on? Get back in the studio with Kool A.D..

Jitters

I clearly wasn't talking bout you being called a troll though, I was replying to you saying you said you were clear about disliking thag music.

I don't care about yoi being called a troll really

But change your avatar and find a better way to present your opinons. You type as if your mind is so scrambled sometimes
lol

My mind is scrambled though, and like I said, before I don't ask to be taken seriously, just not treated like a troll. No enough of thiiiiis.

New subject. What did you guys like more Dour Candy or Run The Jewels???
My enjoyment of them was much closer than I expected. I just compare because their release dates were so close.

It seems like Dap and Heems still chill with each other. The fuck is going on? Get back in the studio with Kool A.D..
Dap is the one caught in the middle between Heems and Kool AD. Iirc, he said he felt like he knew the breakup was coming. Heems needs to release another project. Hopefully it's good and mastered instead of one or the other.

Kool AD has been putting in work. Think he has released about 5 projects from this year and last. I don't care too much bout him tho

codhand

Dap is the one caught in the middle between Heems and Kool AD. Iirc, he said he felt like he knew the breakup was coming. Heems needs to release another project. Hopefully it's good and mastered instead of one or the other.

Kool AD has been putting in work. Think he has released about 5 projects from this year and last. I don't care too much bout him tho

it was a huge letdown when after the breakup, kool ad basically said 'this sucks' not because he misses his boy, or creating, but because it was "an easy way to make money" or something along those lines

i do like both of their projects since the breakup, but i dont think any of those trust funders ever had their heart in it.

not to mention their live shows looked more like a shit show,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom