• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned

tocry.png

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Also someone asking about that ace hood, it's not as good as his previous work, but it's still good. His subject matter is generic as fuck, but among all the same old shit rappers he's the most consistent and solid. He does what Gucci and wacka and French and future do but way better.

codhand

How is the Ace Hood album? I can't believe how much hate he gets on The Coli. The album discussion thread isn't even 10 pages yet.

a lot of the beats are super generic trap with no personality, might as well not exist, it's like just audible things, with drums, not even whip worthy, the intro is especially obnoxious, it's to the point where i seriously doubt ace hood's ability to identify a decent beat

dear god that khalifa verse

'fuck da world' is my fav track,

ecurbj

a lot of the beats are super generic trap with no personality, might as well not exist, it's like just audible things, with drums, not even whip worthy, the intro is especially obnoxious, it's to the point where i seriously doubt ace hood's ability to identify a decent beat

dear god that khalifa verse

'fuck da world' is my fav track,

That's because
Young-Chop-I-Dont-Like.jpg

Young Chop on the Beat!

I do side with your review on Ace Hood's album. It's alright. I totally didn't like that introduction. It was mediocre at best.

still surprised Ross hasn't bought a bunch of Taco Bell for Young Chop and had him make a bunch of beats. Their styles seem to fit perfectly. Ross is failing with generic trap beats, Chop could fix that with some more memorable shit.

siddx

HiRes recommended that Da$h album I think? Pretty decent stuff. Aristocratic Anarchy beat is ridiculous.

Am I the only idiot to listen to that Skylar Gray album? I actually liked that song with eminem on a guilty pleasure type thing, but the album is fucking awful. Just totally forgettable outside maybe one or two songs. I don't know why I expected anything different, but it really is just generic pop music through and through. And not even very good pop music either, not catchy or fun at all besides cmon let me ride.

That Rob Sonic is pretty good too, will buy.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
HiRes recommended that Da$h album I think? Pretty decent stuff. Aristocratic Anarchy beat is ridiculous.

Am I the only idiot to listen to that Skylar Gray album? I actually liked that song with eminem on a guilty pleasure type thing, but the album is fucking awful. Just totally forgettable outside maybe one or two songs. I don't know why I expected anything different, but it really is just generic pop music through and through. And not even very good pop music either, not catchy or fun at all besides cmon let me ride.

That Rob Sonic is pretty good too, will buy.

I listened to Skylar's album too. It's the white trash gene, bro. It makes us do some pretty stupid shit.

Now, hold my beer for a minute...

siddx

I listened to Skylar's album too. It's the white trash gene, bro. It makes us do some pretty stupid shit.

Now, hold my beer for a minute...

I got two dixie cups of southern comfort, just balance that beer on my fat white trash ho's titties.

siddx

Don't act like you've never drank SC from a plastic cup while setting off fireworks.

Did that on the fourth haha. I spent $300 bucks on fireworks, went out on our dock and launched those sumbitches off with a lit cigarette.

siddx

Man I wanna go to striplcubs and heckle all the hoes with you so bad.

I'm actually a pretty calm drunk, just goofy...until you get me around other people who are also drunk and encourage me. I feed off other fools and shit gets bad. I can be a damn asshole.

And I'll definitely hit the up the stripclub drunk with you haha

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
still surprised Ross hasn't bought a bunch of Taco Bell for Young Chop and had him make a bunch of beats. Their styles seem to fit perfectly. Ross is failing with generic trap beats, Chop could fix that with some more memorable shit.

Well he is on Interscope 1017 BrickSquad and GBE...

Besides Rick hardly used any trap beats on his last album, which is why it wasn't all that great. He did too much Ja Ruling..

Box Chevy is the lead single for his new album and that was produced by D. Rich who is basically Shawty Redd Jr..

codhand

I do side with your review on Ace Hood's album. It's alright. I totally didn't like that introduction. It was mediocre at best.

ace hood's lyrics are fine, even if the subject matter is ZZzzz, he has energy, but the beats, especially the first six, are just, uninteresting, and track three is downright annoying with that sample.

The last two tracks on this album go, makes me wish the album started with those two songs and continued from there.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WTF The Heist is dope as fuck. "Modern" backpacker rap. Pretty good variety of beats too.

I take back all my clowning.

Thrift Shop is still bleh though. I sorta understand why it's so popular though. Had family from New Zealand stay over and their little kids only wanted to listen to it.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
WTF The Heist is dope as fuck. "Modern" backpacker rap. Pretty good variety of beats too.

Thrift Shop is still bleh though. I sorta understand why it's so popular though. Had family from New Zealand stay over and their little kids only wanted to listen to it.

Apology accepted.

I think everybody who matters came around on The Heist. It took a while, but I knew y'all motherfuckers would see the light eventually.

yeah, I never got the Macklemore hate. I mean, I got it, but it always seemed like an image thing, and not really anything to do with the album, which is pretty solid.

I do kinda feel all hipsterish with him though, since I was familiar with him before he blew up, heh.

Esch

Banned
If anything I find him really funny in interviews etc and kinda disappointing on wax. Like that airplane fapping thing, hilarious

HiResDes

While i enjoyed nights gambit i just cant over KAs lack of charisma and pure spoken word style. I cant say i liked it as much as any Roc project even with the wordplay and atmosphere being top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom