• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was a huge letdown when after the breakup, kool ad basically said 'this sucks' not because he misses his boy, or creating, but because it was "an easy way to make money" or something along those lines

i do like both of their projects since the breakup, but i dont think any of those trust funders ever had their heart in it.

not to mention their live shows looked more like a shit show,
Lol yeah I couldn't see myself going to a Das Racist show. Seems like they would be super drunk.

I saw Despot once and dude was just too fucked up like he didn't care at all lol plus he was talking bout his album haha

Esch

Banned
i feel like i should like Das Racist more cuz i'm brown but all their projects (solo and otherwise) are really hit or miss/unfocused feeling for me

codhand

i feel like i should like Das Racist more cuz i'm brown but all their projects (solo and otherwise) are really hit or miss/unfocused feeling for me

lack of passion, also a result of not knowing whether they wanted to be serious or satirical, a hard line to walk in rap....

"i'm so good that i'm bad" style doesnt work for me

lack of passion, also a result of not knowing whether they wanted to be serious or satirical, a hard line to walk in rap....

"i'm so good that i'm bad" style doesnt work for me

Too true.

I was a bit late on the Das Racist train, but what really made me check them out was this freestyle*. Heems first few bars I REALLY LIKE.

*Of course it wasn't a freestyle, it was a bit taken from another song they did.

I still have a few Kool AD projects to check out tho

Edit: SpaceGhostPurpp has to be the saltiest rapper in the game today.

Imma start calling El-P and Killer Mike, Rob and Big. First thing that came to me when I saw that video

Edit: Busta Rhymes announced his next album will be called Extinction Level Event 2 . Another Young Money Classic
Harvard recognizing Nas' superior pen game and overall contribution to the culture is dope.

Yeah, great for sure. I always find it odd how many English teachers I've came across that loves rap lol.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Imma start calling El-P and Killer Mike, Rob and Big. First thing that came to me when I saw that video

Edit: Busta Rhymes announced his next album will be called Extinction Level Event 2 . Another Young Money Classic

Yeah, great for sure. I always find it odd how many English teachers I've came across that loves rap lol.

http://www.complex.com/music/2013/06/signs-that-your-favorite-rapper-is-falling-off/classic-sequel

also unrelated but wtf happened to ludacris man... its like the second he cut his braids his whole demeanor changed?

http://www.complex.com/music/2013/06/signs-that-your-favorite-rapper-is-falling-off/classic-sequel

also unrelated but wtf happened to ludacris man... its like the second he cut his braids his whole demeanor changed?

I agree. The moment an artist decides to release a sequel to an album about 10 years later or some shit. That definitely is off-putting to me. Just seems like they are trying to hope it sells based off name alone.

Ludacris wanted to be taken serious is all. Despite the fact he was killing people on their own songs, he felt like he needed to change shit up. Then he decided to try to go back to his silly ways and it just didn't work out. He basically went full retard with the serious shit and couldn't find a way back to how he used to rap.

Theater of the Mind was....alright...tho. Had some really decent songs on it, but his shit was so try hard to get respect.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I agree. The moment an artist decides to release a sequel to an album about 10 years later or some shit. That definitely is off-putting to me. Just seems like they are trying to hope it sells based off name alone.

Ludacris wanted to be taken serious is all. Despite the fact he was killing people on their own songs, he felt like he needed to change shit up. Then he decided to try to go back to his silly ways and it just didn't work out. He basically went full retard with the serious shit and couldn't find a way back to how he used to rap.

Theater of the Mind was....alright...tho. Had some really decent songs on it, but his shit was so try hard to get respect.

yeah thanks man cause I was just thinking about that like he had 2 great albums a couple of decent ones and fell off almost immediately. I guess the lesson was stay in your lane

Detox

Harvard recognizing Nas' superior pen game and overall contribution to the culture is dope.
Agreed. Amazing achievement for the Don. Hopefully more teachers try and use hiphop as a gateway to teaching analytical skills etc to urban youth. The curriculum is still heavily skewed in favour of middle and upper class kids.

Esch

Banned
Ace Hood breakfast club intervieww

sabu.png

Esch

Banned
How is the Ace Hood album? I can't believe how much hate he gets on The Coli. The album discussion thread isn't even 10 pages yet.

i'm copping now, the tracklist had me on some :beli: shit.. But i liked the leaks so it should be straight. Plus he has Anthony Hamilton on it.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
How is the Ace Hood album? I can't believe how much hate he gets on The Coli. The album discussion thread isn't even 10 pages yet.

Have I mentioned that it may be AOTY?

It's really good people. And I don't even like that type of record most of the time. TRUST ME GAFHOP

If you don't like it(Haven't heard it yet so I can't comment), I think you should really listen to Starvation(the first one). It's the Ace Hood project I actually could see you liking. Personally my favorite from him.

Esch

Banned
oy, does anyone remember that video with a Max B verse (?) and it had some chick dancing topless with an amazing 5 star rack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom