• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Oh I agree he delves deeper into cheese than even Atmosphere at times. Still i probably had a better overall time with The Heist than Coles joint.

Esch

Banned
While i enjoyed nights gambit i just cant over KAs lack of charisma and pure spoken word style. I cant say i liked it as much as any Roc project even with the wordplay and atmosphere being top notch.
Same. Im listening to it now and all I can think of is that it would all be better with a superior delivery...ill take a good delivery over lyricism anyday and albums like this kinda reinforce that. Everything else is great so far tho.

Ka's delivery is perfect to me, and fits the type of music he makes. It's beyond a simple monotone like MF DOOM or Roc Marciano, it's almost spoken word that is run through a rusty, dirty ass blender.The pain in his voice sounds real, and it makes the delivery work to me.

An example of a bad flow with no energy would be modern GZA. He just sounds like he doesn't want to rhyme, and half way forgot how. Even those who don't like Ka must admit he doesn't sound bored or not dedicated to his craft.

It's a polarizing style, I can definitely see many people not feeling it. Especially because this album is a lot more minimalist than the previous, and features some almost jazzy ethereal beats. I listened to half of Grief Pedigree again last night to compare them, and the first difference that popped out is the drums: Grief Pedigree is full of drums whereas Night's Gambit has very sparse percussion.

thabiz

its a fantastic record. minimal. mellow. fits his delivery perfect. AOTY. nobody is pushing the bleak soundscapes like Ka. like i said about Reloaded, this is true gangsta shit. its going to be hard to top this.

its a fantastic record. minimal. mellow. fits his delivery perfect. AOTY. nobody is pushing the bleak soundscapes like Ka. like i said about Reloaded, this is true gangsta shit. its going to be hard to top this.

Agreed on both counts. Also I'd love to hear more mellow, introspective shit from Roc. Thug's Prayer (1 and 2) are some of his best songs, and while I love the gangsta gangsta shit it would be nice for more balance.

Night's Gambit will probably be my AOTY by next week. Considering Roc's next album has a bunch of features, I'm not sure how it will compare to the previous two.

codhand

KA makes beats almost as white noise, so that the impact of his words is magnified, the sinister flow makes it more intense. there's no distractions here, you cant escape what he is saying, and most everything he says is pretty heavy. there's really nothing else quite like it. the length, subtlety, simplicity, really dig it on these humid ass days here in NE

some of his lines up here, my reaction was the hailmary.gif

thabiz

a0485455512_2.jpg

Kings English - Dykstra

I really like the VS EP from Macklemore.

First project I heard from him then went back and listened to The Language Of My World. And enjoyed that too.

The Heist is Okay, not better than the Vs EP though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Timbo explains his falling out with Jay further. Clips of Jay in there too. Says Kanye really wanted to bring Timbo in for more of BP3 but Timbo was reluctant.

Papoose ft. Waka Flocka Flame & Gunplay - G Rind (Remix).

A$AP Ferg ft. A$AP Rocky & Shabba Ranks - Shabba (Cookin' Soul Remix). This is kinda hot. Cookin Soul is the truth.

Trinidad Jame# ft. Travi$ Scott - $hut Up!!! (Prod. by Young Chop). Kinda garbage.

Travi$ Scott performing at SOBs. Damn that's a lot of energy, son kinda killing it. Crowd is pretty into it too.

Cops use excessive force on Nipsey Hussle and his disabled brother at Trayvon Martin rally.
Nipsey tells TMZ ... he's especially upset at the way cops treated his brother (who is disabled) -- "They pushed his face on the concrete. They dropped a knee in his spine then twisted his arm and cuffed him while he was not resisting."

brehs anyone watch anime (pause)? I've never sat down and watched an anime show outside of half of Death Note. Now I'm watching Berserk, 3 eps in and it's pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom