• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

About to dig into this:

billywoods_DOURCANDY_1500x1500_web.jpg
I didn't know this was out already.

Constant Obscure Hop over the Summer, wowee.

Esch

Banned
What, you trying to spit knowledge?

Nah breh, I work for Hennessey Corp and help them market booz to urban youth.
Pretty much. The goat hypocrite. I guess that Islams a beautiful thing is in the toilet now.

Oh well, I guess you cant afford to be choosy when your wallet gets run by a woman whose crowning artistic achievement is a song about giving up neck.

Pretty much. The goat hypocrite. I guess that Islams a beautiful thing is in the toilet now.

Oh well, I guess you cant afford to be choosy when your wallet gets run by a woman whose crowning artistic achievement is a song about giving up neck.
Isn't that Shawna not Kelis? I always get them mixed up

Detox

Selling quality liquor to classy, tasteful hiphop afficionados is better than lame attempts at inflating the price of your worthless Basquiat collection.

thabiz

so i just read the RIAA rule change for Jay-Z. Is pepsi going to buy a million copies of Beyonce's next record now? Such bullshit. I can see artistic talent has been thrown out the window.

edit: maybe artistic talent is wrong words. allowing this is going to change music forever. this is the beginning of the end for smaller major label artists.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So Yeezus is basically his worst selling album ever.

That drop off is horrid, like just stank word of mouf for that album.
IMO regardless of what the album was like, this was probably going to be Ye's lowest worst selling album ever.

I don't think word of mouth has been negative either, it's still been overwhelmingly positive all over the internet (and anecdotally for me).

thabiz

IMO regardless of what the album was like, this was probably going to be Ye's lowest worst selling album ever.

I don't think word of mouth has been negative either, it's still been overwhelmingly positive all over the internet (and anecdotally for me).

shouldnt he be selling boatloads based on his name alone? is the shine starting to fade on Kayne?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shouldnt he be selling boatloads based on his name alone? is the shine starting to fade on Kayne?
I think his brand is damaged in the mainstream. I can't tell you how many girls I've talked to will go THAT SHIT CRAY and recite his NiP verse word for word or like a song like Runaway but won't buy his album and say they hate Kanye's guts.

That said, I don't think selling 300k+ off of your name alone is anything to scoff at. Most legends and established artists wish for those kind of sales, and the only new artists that really penetrate those kinds of numbers come once ever 3-4 years. He's returned to being divisive and it's been much longer since his last solo than it was for 808s, and at the moment there isn't really a lane for what Ye is doing right now either like there was autotune at the time, nor a single like Heartless/Love Lockdown. Imagine what 808s would have sold without those singles.

Related: Rosenberg reviews Yeezus.. again. His thoughts are all over the place. Loves the lyrics but is iffy on the production, what the fuck.

Recon

Banned
I wish Yeezus had more tracks like Hold My Liqour and Blood On The Leaves. I just keep coming back to those two tracks.

Also, I recommend dropping acid and playing Hotline Miami. I feel like my vita purchase has been justified. Never experienced anything quite like it.

Esch

Banned
Christ. I love jigga but that weirdo Elliot Wilson's coverage is the worst IRL stanning i've ever seen. He needs therapy.

kamspy

To be expected. Barbershops are institutions steeped in tradition and Yeezus is not a traditional rap album.

We get Weezy, Jeezy, Rozay and Gucci exclusively here. and pretty much anything with Future. 8 out of 10 rap cars in the Cincy area have a song featuring or by Future playing loudly.

How dope of a song would Bugatti have been if it was a story about waking up in a new Bugatti with no memory of how you got there and then dramatic flashbacks about how you got there. Just saying. It would have got the same radio burn because of the beat and hook anyways. Missed opportunity.

We get Weezy, Jeezy, Rozay and Gucci exclusively here. and pretty much anything with Future. 8 out of 10 rap cars in the Cincy area have a song featuring or by Future playing loudly.

How dope of a song would Bugatti have been if it was a story about waking up in a new Bugatti and then dramatic flashbacks about how you got there. Just saying. It would have got the same radio burn because of the beat and hook anyways. Missed opportunity.

Ace Hood whole career files under missed opportunity really.

You should check out Tree - Sunday School2 and that new Starlito

CRS

Is that a new Mortal Kombat character, "Untitled" with its white, less suppressed, alternate costume color?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is that a new Mortal Kombat character, "Untitled" with its white, less supressive, alternate costume color?
dead

Right on time with the MK9 PC release too. Fitting that he chooses to put this out the day something else comes out that's past it's prime and a few years too late.

Cole had very little promotion outside of the typical radio interviews. Def Jam had blacked out vans promoting Kanye's album, alongside "Not For Sale" posters that not-so-ironically advertised his album. I'll give Cole dap for proving his label wrong, again. He's probably making more "real money" than the vast majority of his peers, who rely solely on the label, don't tour enough, etc.

Detox

Yoooooooooooooooooo that Deniro bangs definitely not a b side off patriarch like most of no.2.

GQ said:
decidedly streetwear approach to everyday menswear gear, so your go-to flannel becomes a statement making shirt or an essential peacoat looks downright futuristic thanks to neoprene fabric.

Some of the clothes look dope, the others are making a statement. Y'all acting a fool just because it's Nas but you know only some of those are for everyday wear the rest are just completing the image of the 21st century gutter yet classy look. Yeah I'll wear some of those if they are good quality and aren't too expensive.

As we develop stronger immune systems due to immunisation and cleanliness pathogens are mutating into airborne diseases to go straight through a portal of entry. Those masks will be handy, you guys just don't respect people around you when you are carrying viruses.

Esch

Banned
Nas's clothing line idea was to dress up a bunch of models in the leftover gear from the Run This Town video
deadmanny.png

Cudder

Cole had very little promotion outside of the typical radio interviews. Def Jam had blacked out vans promoting Kanye's album, alongside "Not For Sale" posters that not-so-ironically advertised his album. I'll give Cole dap for proving his label wrong, again. He's probably making more "real money" than the vast majority of his peers, who rely solely on the label, don't tour enough, etc.

He had those city to city listening sessions of his album and the whole 1$ tour thing going on. and 2 singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom