• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dramos

Don't forget

J. Dilla, Pete Rock, 9th Wonder and No I.D. these guys deserve a spot! Ah I still have a lot more in my head.

BTW, Galaxy users MCHG up soon!

Esch

Banned
RZA
Premo
Just Blaze
Kanye
Alc
Dr. Dre
Nujabes
Ski
Prince Paul
(can't decide between a bunch of people for my tenth)

CRS

Serious question: Do you really feel K.R.I.T.'s discography thus far compares to and for you exceeds that of other legendary producers?
For me, yes. Dude makes the hypest trunk bangers but also some super somber cuts that resonate with me more than other producers. Objectively, sure he isn't rated as high or critical as the RZAs and Premo's, but they don't mean much to me.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Suffering through flex to hear this Magna Carta shit...

No lie though, these old Jay Z songs got me hype as fuck, since I haven't heard them in forever.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
When looking at the bigger scope of things (if you are talking about sales, money etc), yeah, I guess you're right. However in my opinion using that logic is stupid. Nas is still the better artist hands down, and he killed Jay at the time of beef.
Ether is maybe the most overrated beef song of all time

Jay had some great shots in the beef as well

Neither dropped a No Vaseline type bomb

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Ether is maybe the most overrated beef song of all time

Jay had some great shots in the beef as well

Neither dropped a No Vaseline type bomb

I think the impact of ether was more of a "holy shit where did that come from?" type response. When a dude is laying on the ground bleeding out while the champion stands over him laughing, the crowd is going to gasp and be blown away when he suddenly uppercuts the champ in the face. Even if it was only one blow and not that well thrown, it still was completely unexpected and memorable for the "oh shit I guess he's not down and out" moment. And the fact that Nas quickly turned that into a rebuilt reputation and career adds to that.

Producers, in no order.

no.i.d
dre
premo
ant
muggs

DominoKid

noz driving the salt truck

nakamichi gooseneck ‏@noz 8m
boycott event albums

im listening to supreme clientele right now it's better

nakamichi gooseneck ‏@noz 2m
.@JusAire as opposed to screaming I AM LISTENING TO A RECORD THAT IS A SAMSUNG AD

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
noz driving the salt truck

boycott event albums

im listening to supreme clientele right now it's better

nakamichi gooseneck ‏@noz 2m
.@JusAire as opposed to screaming I AM LISTENING TO A RECORD THAT IS A SAMSUNG AD
Who is this Noz guy and how old is he, seventy-what?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Oh yeah, definitely have Quik in my top producers list. Considering what a big fan I am, I shamefully admit I forget about him if I haven't heard anything from him for a while.

Also I always felt Fucking With Banks is a criminally underrated diss song. It's personal as hell.

Blackace

I know the first 2 I got to go listen to the second 2 and Hit em up is often forgotten but jeez was it vicious.

Thanks

There are a few more but having trouble remember the titles

A really underrated diss song was Em's Girls off of Devil's Night

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cross-posting from Ye thread:

@chartnews
The largest 2nd-week percentage drops for #1-debuting albums: MDNA 86.70% | Born This Way 84.28% | Blue Slide Park 82.54% | Yeezus 80.27%.

overcast

Damn, vicious drop.

Yeezus is a great ass album though. You guys think he'll have to make an album that will sell next time or no? (I mean this album is going gold, but still).

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I agree. Do you think the label does? Or are they okay with these sales?

Again, they aren't close to bad, but Kanye has higher expectations I'm sure.
They give him a lot of free reign but I'm sure there's going to be a push for a more mainstream sound with his next album. This album was obviously like 808s in that it didn't seem to be made for anyone but him. They're both very niche albums as far as pop-hop goes.

DominoKid

Pacific Rim is Yeezy approved

KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 2m
I saw a pre-screening of Pacific Rim yesterday and it's easily one of my favorite movies of all time.

KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 1m
This is not another "Robot" movie. Guillermo del Toro is a master.

If that movie turns out to be dope I will be so happy because I've had my doubts about it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I saw a pre-screening of Pacific Rim yesterday and it's easily one of my favorite movies of all time.

If that movie turns out to be dope I will be so happy because I've had my doubts about it.
Gonna be the greatest movie all year. Glad to see Ye agrees.

Esch

Banned
When is the Itunes version dropping? I dont like messing with bad quality streams and don't even have a smartphone let alone a Samsung.

The 7th.

Fuck a stream, i'm listening to this ish in pretty good quality. it's 160kbps but still slaps

edit: i might have to give Travis Scott another go cause this Crown beat is straight fishscale

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yea, a lot of this shit knocks hard, but... for someone claiming to be a fucking god emcee, there is no reason he should be off beat so fucking much and spitting such weak bars on a lot of these tracks. Not even going to touch the biting, because it's expected.

Tom Ford is that shit. Based Timbo achieved enlightenment this year and came back with gold.

Blackace

Damn, vicious drop.

Yeezus is a great ass album though. You guys think he'll have to make an album that will sell next time or no? (I mean this album is going gold, but still).

Not a great album

I suspect his next album will be mainstream where he belongs

The 7th.

Fuck a stream, i'm listening to this ish in pretty good quality. it's 160kbps but still slaps

edit: i might have to give Travis Scott another go cause this Crown beat is straight fishscale

Im all about that car music tho. Music just isnt the same off laptop speakers and I dont really use headphones either.

I just want to buy off Itunes or get the physical copy so i can car test it.

Been running through a lot of old Jay albums lately and thats got me pretty hyped for this.

Hope he delivers

Edit: Watch JoShishidosCheeks cry tears of joy because apparently Timbo dropped a goat beat on this shit

Esch

Banned
Yea, a lot of this shit knocks hard, but... for someone claiming to be a fucking god emcee, there is no reason he should be off beat so fucking much and spitting such weak bars on a lot of these tracks. Not even going to touch the biting, because it's expected.

Tom Ford is that shit. Based Timbo achieved enlightenment this year and came back with gold.
Tell me Hov didn't black out on Heaven tho.

DominoKid

The 7th.

please do.

Future would've taken that shit to another level.

Damn, vicious drop.

Not only do I think he'll have to, I think he's should. For himself, not as WTT2.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Timbo dropped the most interesting beat on the entire thing. A lot of standouts, actually.

But otherwise, I'm getting increasingly disappointed by these raps and some of these flows.

exarkun

Damn, vicious drop.

Its a pretty good album. Its just not where mainstream hip-hop is at, in terms of beats. Lotta my high school neighborhood friends jumped off the Ye train after the last album. He does what Kudi wishes he could do: make music with rap in it. As opposed to rap music.

I was gonna say it would go platinum, but just looked at the numbers...and it prolly won't. Wow, damn.

Stanning for Buckwild with a list that no one asked for. Not vouching for anything post-Y2K, must've misplaced his sleigh bells.

Artifacts - C'Mon wit the Get Down, Attack of New Jeruzalum
AZ - Ho Happy Jackie
Big L - Devil's Son, Put It On, 8 Iz Enuff, Danger Zone, Da Graveyard
D.I.T.C. - Way of Life, Champagne Thoughts
Diamond D - On Stage, You Can't Front
Ill Biskits - A Better Day
Jay Z - Lucky Me
O.C. - Word...Life, O-Zone, Born 2 Live, Time's Up, Point O' Viewz, Let It Slide, Ma Dukes, Outtro (Sabotage), The Chosen One, Far From Yours, Hypocrite, Burn Me Slow, Love Child, What I Represent
The Notorious B.I.G. - I Got A Story to Tell
Kool G Rap - Blowin' Up in the World, Fast Life
Mad Skillz - VA in the House, Doin' Time in the Cypha, Get Your Groove On
Mic Geronimo - Masta I.C., Three Stories High, Train of Thought, How You Been
Organized Konfusion - Stress, Thirteen, Why
Royal Flush - I Been Gettin' So Much $, Niggas Night Out, Makin' Movies
Capone -N- Noreaga - Black Gangstas, Neva Die Alone
The Pharcyde - Heart & Soul
Channel Live feat. KRS-One - Mad Izm
Reservoir Dogs - Back to Berth, The Difference
Jemini the Gifted One - Scars and Pain
AK Skills - Nights of Fear
Ill Biskits - A Better Day
F.A.T.A.L. Fountain - All About Warz
Chubb Rock - What a Year
Mike Zoot - Live & Stink
Bushwackas - Caught Up in the Game
Street Smartz - Problemz
Sadat X feat. Grand Puba, Lord Jamar - The Lump Lump
Brand Nubian - Rockin It, Brand Nubian, Maybe One Day
Jemini the Gifted One - Story of My Life

Remixes
Nas feat. AZ- Life's a Bitch (Remix #1 & 2)
Artifacts feat. Busta Rhymes - C'Mon wit the Get Down (Remix)
Lord Finesse - Hip 2 the Game (Remix)
Brand Nubian - Word Is Bond (Remix)
Beastie Boys feat. Q Tip - Get It Together (Remix)
Big L - MVP (Remix #1 & 2)
Funkdoobiest - Rock On (Remix)
Grand Puba feat. Sadat X - I Like It (Remix)
Kool Keith - Yo Black (Remix)
Little Indian feat. The Foreigner - One Little Indian (Remix)
Organized Konfusion - Bring It On (Remix)
Showbiz & A.G. - You Know Now (Remix)
Guru feat. Bahamadia - Respect the Architect (Remix)
Tha Alkaholiks - DAAAM! (Remix), The Next Level (Remix)
Black Sheep - North South East West (Remix)
Special Ed - Lyrics (Remix)
Channel Live - Mad Izm ('95 Remix)
Lace Da Booms feat. Kwaze Modoe, Royal Flush - Cut That Weak Shit (Remix)
Rakim- Guess Who's Back (Remix)
Mystidious Misfitss - I Be (Remix)
Kool G Rap feat. Nas - Fast Life (Remix)
Da Bush Babees - We Run Things (Remix)
Rampage - Beware Of The Rampsack (Remix)
Granddaddy I.U. - Represent (Remix)

Post this in the Official thread and see what the Ye haters say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom