• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'm envious of how quick you are improving, I like the drums and the melody is decent not so sure about the string sound. I'm not good with the technical terms but the 'timing' of the drums are good, I think if you get the melody's up to that level then you're good to go. Have you thought about sampling?
The piano is a sample

The "whistle" I am working on

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
can you rephrase this in Needledrop terms

EDIT: Via Yeezus thread:

http://youtu.be/OTaOtTScD2Q
Watch from 7:55
Great Timbaland interview, talks about his feelings on yeezus and he loves the album. The dude REALLY wants to work with kanye on a yeezus follow up, has tonnes of praise for kanye. Also addresses that suit and tie diss that I know a lot of gaf likes to mention to stir shit up, as if they hate each other, which of course is bullshit, he's completely cool with it.
So basically yeah, no beef between Timbo and Ye. Like Timbo just spent 5 minutes stanning about Ye and Yeezus. I completely understand why Timbo fucks with it too, and what he's trying to say.

Says Ye wanted to work with Timbo but it just didn't work out for Timbo at the time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He also talks about his falling out with Jay too (first time he says he's speaking on it). Sounds to me like he wanted to do an entire Jay album and Jay said nah and Timbo took it personal.

HiResDes

Maybe it's out of some sort of self-confirmation bias, but I predicted exactly how I'd feel about Magna Carta a week before I heard it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mike Dean has low key confirmed WTT2 a hundred times, but it sounds to me that now that both of their schedules are cleared and both are going on their seperate tours, it gives them a chance to work.

PBY

Banned
Mike Dean has low key confirmed WTT2 a hundred times, but it sounds to me that now that both of their schedules are cleared and both are going on their seperate tours, it gives them a chance to work.
I think side projects like CS and WTT are important. Let's us fans eat while they can try out different things and not feel pressure to keep raising the bar. Hope we get the Skrillex track.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think side projects like CS and WTT are important. Let's us fans eat while they can try out different things and not feel pressure to keep raising the bar. Hope we get the Skrillex track.
I 100% agree with this.
Could sorta do without the Skrillex track but I want them to open that vault and tweak stuff in there regardless

HiResDes

nE2Jp34.jpg

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
lupe dropped video of the year for me. I know a lot of people don't care about videos anymore though.

HiResDes

If Avatar Darko didn't ruin Vampsterdam should would easily be one of my favorite projects. Nacho Picasso gotta be one of the most underrated in the game. His flow is monotone as fuck, but that wordplay and swag is unparalleled.

Esch

Banned
Des is just mad cause it doesnt have enough hipster posturing or 666s on it. Its a good album. End of.

You yourself said that if it was made by anyone else it would be amazing, its nice to hear Nas stans show some honesty.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Esch setting a new bar for stannery. Us Yeezy stans can only aspire to the #newrules that you are setting fam. Just don't go full character on us like Detox did.

If Avatar Darko didn't ruin Vampsterdam should would easily be one of my favorite projects. Nacho Picasso gotta be one of the most underrated in the game. His flow is monotone as fuck, but that wordplay and swag is unparalleled.

Nacho Picasso was truly going off on that tape. All his best verses are on that tape.

You hear that Young Black Preachers yet?

Esch

Banned
Esch, post-stan

Esch setting a new bar for stannery. Us Yeezy stans can only aspire to the #newrules that you are setting fam. Just don't go full character on us like Detox did.

Kanye stangirl sales bitterness. I'm sorry yall, I bought a copy of Yeezus! I probably shouldn't have though, made it harder for you gurls to continue the tragically misunderstood facade.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lol I don't give a fuck about sales son, just the other page I was talking about how Ye's brand is damaged. I was the one who posted the drop records here too, and your gonna say I'm salty about sales? lol Stay getting defensive over nothing tho.

thabiz

There's TnA but don't expect the main bitches to reveal anything

Movie gets increasingly stupid after Franco gets involved. The ending is some of the most perplexing shit I've ever seen
well obviously the disney girls arent going to lather up and chow down. I mean it would be nice and all, but I think we have to wait for the post rehab comeback for that.

kids was good for its time, so I have mild expectations.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MCHG is worse than Life is Ehhh.

Production on MCHG is phenomenal but it has nothing like a Daughters, World's An Addiction or a Nasty.

I'm really surprised Jay dropped the ball this hard lyrically.

Esch

Banned
This is so wrong. Jay has never renegaded anyone of importance.

Yeah I'm a jigga stan and I'll cosign this. He tried to renegade Big L and ran out of breath lmao (still a GOAT freestyle tho). Nas lost on BBC though. Not his fault he can't ride anything popular tho.

Production on MCHG is phenomenal but it has nothing like a Daughters, World's An Addiction or a Nasty.

enzo rule got damn

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The fuck? Jay never renegaded Nas (or anyone). Jay knew better than to put Nas on something like Heaven or Crown. lol. Hell, Ross nearly gave him the business on that feature.

Nobody won on BBC.

Esch

Banned
It doesn't really matter about BBC though. Shit is so awful sonically that it should have been slam dunked into the recycle bin. Pharrell's garbage again and Nas bragging, no thank you.

A miss step. Should have thrown him on Oceans. he'd have eaten that sappy WE WERE SLAVES BUT NOW WE HERE shit up with a spoon out of a dog bowl.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why do you guys hate BBC?

That production is insane. Instant classic beat, sounds like a time displaced dope record out of the early 00s. The hook is okay too.

Nobody should be taking verses into consideration when talking about tracks off of MCHG, because they're all Ls for the most part. Neither verses on BBC were offensive though, the problem is they both end awkwardly. I still prefer Nas' verse there though.

That song never fit to me on a album called Life is Good it felt better suited for the N album.

Esch

Banned
what

I'm convinced you don't have ears. BBC is a mess, the hook or whatever the fuck it is is muddled and incomprehensible, none of the percussion is good or bassy or punchy, neither guy dropped a good verse, it's just a stumbling ball of failure. I'm considering deleting it, that's how poor it is. And I never do that for any album. Drunk and Hot girls status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom