• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

Juicy's album is going to be perfect the only problem I see with it is that flow could get boring if you listen to it in one go.

Detox

Agreed and that's exactly what he is going for and think he'll execute it flawlessly.

Thinking of Jay's flow the pauses I know he has done it before but it wasn't as extensively and was far more effective. Now it's kind of like his own bad take on Juicy's flow, the problem is his voice has always carried a matter-of-fact tone and it doesn't work.

Trey

Most damning thing about MCHG is how every song with a feature sounds more like the feature's song than Jay-Z's song. Holy Grail sounds like a 20/20 joint that didn't make the cut, Oceans a Frank Ocean song, etc.

The album didn't key into who Jay-Z was as an artist, which is why he sounds out of place on the entire production. Contrast that to Yeezus, which - whether you like it or not - definitely sounds like it all came from one mind, for one artist.

HiResDes

Jonwayne > Jae but they're both great. Seriously, Jonwayne has been my favorite "new" rapper for a while now. I really hope his rap LP gets a release.

Will check out that Rawhyde asap.
Well Jon and Zeroh for sure I meant outta YBP.

thabiz

a4144891655_2.jpg

Quadir Lateef - Fool's Gold

Cudder

Any and all remaining hype is now dead. Not because of that one song, it shows me he just doesn't give a fuck about making music anymore. You have to go past a lot of producers to wind up at J.Cole's phone number in the producer rolodex.

HiiiPower anyone?

Detox

So I snagged 2 copies of the Sonic Hits Collection when the price was borked on Steam I was thinking of flipping them or trading during the sale but fuck it. The two best sonic-hiphop fusion MS Paint masterworks will win it. Entries close 48hrs from this post. The collection includes the following:

Edit: Original work only

Cudder

It's like you didn't read the second and third sentences of my post where I gave my reasoning.

and its like you didnt watch Q's interview where J cole sent him the beat even though his album was pretty much done. he didn't skip over producers galore and finally got to J cole and was like, aight.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
So I snagged 2 copies of the Sonic Hits Collection when the price was borked on Steam I was thinking of flipping them or trading during the sale but fuck it. The two best sonic-hiphop fusion MS Paint masterworks will win it. Entries close 48hrs from this post. The collection includes the following:

i want generations and racing.

Holy shit...

mooooose

Qs album will probably be mostly in house producers and some outside TDE affiliates like pharrell and j cole and maybe ASAP Ty beats or skywlkr. Why is any of this surprising? Has Q ever picked a bad BEAT? He has a great ear. I'm mostly bummed that on collard greens and hell of a night he doesn't sound dark and gangsta. He sounds like he's trying to be kendrick AND make a single. He sounds like a sell out.

On the other hand, yay yay, gangsta, and man of the year sound like 3 of his best songs ever so we will see.

I'm sure oxymoron will be really really good. I don't know why any is worried. It won't sell though. Q didn't cross over. Yay yay was his real true single, his real shot of getting his persona to go mainstream and its too dark. He couldn't do it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
See what you started Detox?

Wenis, how do you know that exists?

life leads you to very strange roads... sometimes those roads get linked on someones deviantart page of their favorite "sonic artists".

I only remember because of the previous image. the shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom