• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoe

Banned
...how are Money Trees and Backstreet Freestyle not stadium records? fuckouttahere. Money Trees sounds amazing with live instruments.

smh @ Jay and Ye convincing an entire generation of Soulja Girls that Stadium Music=overproduced loud noise. Go listen to some Springsteen concerts breh.

I fucking hate that shit.

Too many motherfuckers don't know how to make a good live performance. Composing stadium music or making records fitting for huge venues is a nuanced craft. Sometimes it requires simplifying something rather than making a mess out of it.

DominoKid

I can see C&C being his best live jam. It's got a nice flow to it.

I don't think it's a bad thing that Kendrick's live game aint that tight (or that he doesn't dominate radio) right now. I mean he just got on the board as a platinum selling artist and the best lyrically among the mainstream. Nobody's ever tackled every challenge (have they?), especially in one shot.

Esch

Banned
I can see C&C being his best live jam. It's got a nice flow to it.

I don't think it's a bad thing that Kendrick's live game aint that tight (or that he doesn't dominate radio) right now. I mean he just got on the board as a platinum selling artist and the best lyrically among the mainstream. Nobody's ever tackled every challenge (have they?), especially in one shot.

Maybe people like Pac, DMX and Wu? Even Jay and Ye took a while to hit all of those goals.

I think Kanye seems like a pretty good live artists. His glow in the dark shows/ WTT look fun as hell, but the the corny ballerinas in nude colored body suits and shit is too corny. Looks like a high concept Bollywood movie, just awful.

JohnDoe

Banned
GKMC is that shit you listen to while driving in your car tbh.

Problem with Kanye is that all these actors and the visual shit that goes on in his show distract from his performance rather than enhance it imo.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
merc5.jpg

tomorrow night is my show, but no way im paying $35 for a concert tee.

cdyhybrid

Kanye's good live because he's got a high energy level, he's jumping around all over the place and making lots of exaggerated movements so it looks hype even from far away. The Silent Hill dancers and stuff like that will be a hit or miss thing depending on how much you buy into Kanye's artistic vision, I guess. I found it mildly interesting because I was going in expecting some weird stuff (and he delivered), but I'm sure a lot of people in the arena were like "What is he doing? Why isn't he playing Gold Digger?"

Since you were there, are floor seats the way to go or are lower level seats perfectly fine. I dont want everyone having their phone out if I have floor tickets, so wondering if that was pretty bad.

cdyhybrid

Since you were there, are floor seats the way to go or are lower level seats perfectly fine. I dont want everyone having their phone out if I have floor tickets, so wondering if that was pretty bad.

Unless you wanna reach out and touch his hand or something you're probably fine with lower level seats, but I didn't notice an overabundance of phones on the floor. It probably varies with each crowd, so it's really up to how badly you want to be on the floor right up to the stage.

You do want to be straight out from the stage if you're in the lower level though, or as close as possible. There's a screen over the stage that's pretty hard to see if you're in the upper level or too far to the side of the stage.

Kad5

Is anyone going to see Kanye at the Staples Center on the 26th?

I have no one to go with and I live in South Orange County...And I really don't feel like driving all the way up to LA by myself not knowing anyone there.

I wouldn't mind meeting a fellow hip hop head and burning down some trees as well. If you guys are up for it I mean. I promise i'm a chill dude. I would prefer to maybe carpool up with someone.

Send me a PM if you're down to meet somewhere before the concert starts.

CRS

Glad I saw the WTT show and not this. WTT just had the two rising platforms with red LEDs on the side for Jay and Kanye and that was dope. I don't need some dude playing Jesus and a bunch of ballerinas.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
GKMC is that shit you listen to while driving in your car tbh.

Problem with Kanye is that all these actors and the visual shit that goes on in his show distract from his performance rather than enhance it imo.

The point is to Distract from the shitty yeezus music

JohnDoe

Banned
Nah. Anything on MBTDF. The dick sucking of that album by gaffers is relentless. Hipster enough for the p4k crowd to bite, but not weird enough to put people off like Yeezus.

This is the most accurate description of MBDTF.
And fuck pitchfork, they are the new rolling stone with their shitty reviews.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So it turns out REVOLT is Diddy's new venture. A new, daily curated music-centric TV channel/media mogul that apparently doesn't give a fuck about catering to popularity. First 3 days will be streamed on their website w/o the need for a cable sub. Starts in an hour. Normally I'd say fuck Diddy, but really I've enjoyed all their content thus far because of (presumably) the industry access Diddy has. Kinda feel his rationales for keeping the shit tied to cable providers is a bit archaic, especially considering they're having trouble adapting. I like the idea though, a channel that keeps up live and at the pace of the consumption of music.

This is old, but I didn't know there was actually footage of it. Math Hoffa snuffing Serius Jones on stage. Bitch move.

Young Guru teaches his first class at USC.

Good kid maad city turns one year old tomorrow

So brehs. Is it a classic?

Yes or
yes
It can hang with Man On The Moon as a pseudo-classic.

Dereck

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/itt-we-create-a-hip-hop-restaurant-menu.452589271/

I found a thread with dudes posting Rap themed meals in restaurants, lmao
1) Wu-Tang Clams: Nine fresh razor clams served over a bed of pan-Asian inspired rice. This is one dish you'll actually want to fuck with!

2) Three Six Mafia: Three servings each of six of our famous appetizers. Truly a mob against the taste-buds!

3) Project Patty Melt: A Memphis flavorite! When you're looking for a large sammich, then look no further. Served with a side of seasoned deep fried chicken heads!

Fat "Not So Sloppy" Joes - This once very popular sandwich, known for its unique appearance, has made a comeback as an appetizer. No need to worry about leaning back too far after trying this delight.

Freddie "Gangsta Gibbs" Ribs- First made in Gary, Indiana, this dish has been around for a while, but has just gotten widespread attention over the last 3 years. Tastes so good that you will rob you a ***** for a plate!

Beets by Dre - *coming soon*

Drake's "YOLO" Steaks- Cooked to remain relatively raw and pink on the inside, this is probably the softest thing that you could possibly order. Also comes with a glass of Moscato.

DJ "We The Best" Salad- Comes with a ton of other toppings, it's the cheesiest and has the most corn of any dish on the menu. It has so many toppings, in fact, that people forget they're eating a salad and wonder what's the purpose of the lettuce at all.

The BluBerry Pie- Buy now. Will be mixed properly in a few months.

The Lupe Fiasco- The chef was forced to put it up on the menu by the higher-ups. He begins to like it after it sells well.

Andre's 3Stacks Pancakes: Triple layered pancake stacks with a smooth cinnamon frosting, be sure to order them with a Big Boi Gulp.

The Kanye Zest Burger: Hold up hold up a minute. Imma let you finish looking at this menu, but this is the best burger of the year.

jHJGXqVuRN599.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom