• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
After listening to my friend bitch about Kanye cancelling his tour, I've come to the conclusion that Kanye stans need to do some serious soul searching

Word to Enzo and that weird dude with the bear avatar

CRS

ihYPQ7iBHQC3b.gif

http://plug.dj/music-is-fun/
http://plug.dj/music-is-fun/

mooooose

blue chips is the only bronson i didnt listen to, so i didnt know what to expect but it took 1 time to appreciate it and now its fucking amazing

Linkhero1

Listening to the entire MNIMN album for the first time today and I'm enjoying it quite a bit, even with all the features. Really digging Hold On.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Listening to the entire MNIMN album for the first time today and I'm enjoying it quite a bit, even with all the features. Really digging Hold On.

i like that song too but does no one find the dig at "fake gangsters" hilarious on a track with ross on it?

I recently started listening to MNIMN as well. Idk where I was when the single came out, but Numbers on the Board...LAWD. Love the way Pusha develops themes in his verse. Future was bugging out with that hook on Pain though lol.

IrishNinja

I'm sailing on a cloud they trailing below
my shrink told me it's a feeling they don't ever know
I pack up all my sins and I wear them to the show
and let 'em go, let 'em go, let 'em go, let 'em go

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Have you ever ever ever been depressed so bad?
It was a struggle every day not to regret your past?
Feeling cursed, like, you'll never ever get your swag,
And you'll be speeding down the highway when your threshold pass.
When you cried all of your tears out,
And one page of your diary could tell you-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWqcqyEdDLY

One of chief keef's boys made a track and got kendrick to bless it. It's actually alright, Knedirck killed it but I think Fredo held his own. He doesn't sound out of place next to kendrick.

"Shit is fucked up in these streets
why the fuck would I think about some rap beef
ninja I got bigger fish to fry
empty out my account and I'll pay for sleep."

Ooosh drake/papoose.

mooooose

if i had to rank bronson's projects:

saab stories (with heel toe)
blue chips 2
rare chandeliers
dr lecter
well done

but i havent heard bc1

i love bc2 and the hook on the don's cheek fuck man i love bronson's hook game

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I just can't take an entire album of Bronson. I like his voice and delivery, and his lyrics are amusing if a bit predictable. But an entire album of him just starts to run together for me. Still count myself as a fan though and glad to see his success.

HiiiLife

I just can't take an entire album of Bronson. I like his voice and delivery, and his lyrics are amusing if a bit predictable. But an entire album of him just starts to run together for me. Still count myself as a fan though and glad to see his success.

I can see what you mean. I kinda get that feeling listening to his tapes. But Dr. Lecter was probably his only album that kept me hooked until the end.

mooooose

im similar but blue chips 2 totally has me engrossed and saab stories is like 20 minutes total which is perfect for him

if i had to rank bronson's projects:

saab stories (with heel toe)
blue chips 2
rare chandeliers
dr lecter
well done

but i havent heard bc1

i love bc2 and the hook on the don's cheek fuck man i love bronson's hook game

For me:

Well Done
Blue Chips
Dr Lecter / Rare Chandeliers
Saab Stories

I still need to listen to Blue Chips 2. I wasted my time with the other white rapper and regret it.

Edit: My reasonings for putting Saab Stories last. I love Bronson, I love Fraud. But, I don't know. Aside from Drop Kick, I felt the beats on the album could have been so much better. Some wavy ass shit like Bird on A Wire is what I was expecting. It's still a decent album.

1. Dr. Lecter
2. Blue Chips
3. Rare Chandeliers / Blue Chips 2
5. Well Done
6. SAAAB Stories

I still think Dr. Lector is his most well rounded project. It starts strong, it finishes strong, and has a unique sound. Blue Chips 1 has some of my favorite individual Bronson tracks on there. Rare Chandeliers is 3rd if only for Alchemist, but Blue Chips 2 is right there because of those samples and the vibe of the whole tape. Well Done is good but not particularly super strong, and SAAAB Stories was just "okay" from a combo that should've been "omgggg" (except for Heel Toe which is greatness but wasn't even officially on the EP)

mooooose

dr lecter doesnt hold up, hes much better now as a rapper

edit - hold up comparatively. its still worth listening to and awesome as fuck

I don't see how it doesn't hold up in that regard. The "Pun flow" vibes were strongest on that album, and Beautiful Music is a top 3 Bronson track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom