• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
And now for your new Page... #internationalHov

1237510_10152103693704206_2012607705_n.jpg

mooooose

Just don't leave comments to 6 month old twitter posts of hers.
nah even if i did that itd be straight we've known each other for a long time

that girl deaded me tho i hit her up asking her if she liked pity sex, then clarified the band lol she said yea not the act, then i told her my friend was on the fader and i got deaded. shit was sad, ive never been into blondes but she had big tits and liked larry david. life goes on tho

mooooose

trap lord has no right being as good as it is. it may end up on my top 5.

saab stories, even tho its only an ep, is way underrated.

yeah i was expecting a complete piece of shit after ghetto symphony and a few other features from ferg.

it was a good album though. better than the asap rocky album.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
i think everyone expected it to be horrible so anything is a success, but its just a good album to smoke and leave on in the background
Well it was a pleasant surprise and everything but it really ain't top 5 Imo

saab stories, even tho its only an ep, is way underrated.

My issue is that the best track wasn't on there and leaked after it came out: Heel Toe. The EP isn't bad, but it's a little forgettable.

Hit you with the dropkick, Marty Jannetty might be the best hook ever though. Not really but really.

Esch

Banned
Yo, speaking of bad names, it cracks me up when people call K Dot by his legal name.

If my last name was Duckworth and I was trying to rap i would get that shit changed immediately

IrishNinja

Just don't leave comments to 6 month old twitter posts of hers.

aww shit

dont worry theyre running gnauze jones in the southeast asian cover of Vibe

eO7pZ1L.png

every now & then i gotta throw shade like i wonder if m'man will be the bigger dude here, but we both know it won't slide, hahaha

Yo, speaking of bad names, it cracks me up when people call K Dot by his legal name.

If my last name was Duckworth and I was trying to rap i would get that shit changed immediately

we you got a herb-y name and you run with it, its like...some Boy Name Sue type shit, or Vegeta wearin pink shirts. i assume you're just flexin like YEAH I KNOW BUT YALL WONT SAY SHIT

mooooose

My issue is that the best track wasn't on there and leaked after it came out: Heel Toe. The EP isn't bad, but it's a little forgettable.
nah, it has bronson in full form, making some good songs with good hooks and trying out different flows.

no time, the rockers, and strictly 4 my jeeps are all great songs for bronson in terms of being catchy singles or something

alligators is pretty epic and has him trying different flows

the last song is pretty dope, so is the opener

its a good ep

Hit you with the dropkick, Marty Jannetty might be the best hook ever though. Not really but really.

hell yeah, man. youre a fellow wrasslin fan, you already. its a great hook and the album has those. strictly 4 my jeeps didnt really grab me at first but it's one of his best songs.

nah, it has bronson in full form, making some good songs with good hooks and trying out different flows.

no time, the rockers, and strictly 4 my jeeps are all great songs for bronson in terms of being catchy singles or something

alligators is pretty epic and has him trying different flows

the last song is pretty dope, so is the opener

its a good ep

I like The Rockers, and Alligators. The rest feels like middle tier Bronson. *shrug*

I wanted to like it a lot. Bronson + Fraud should = er mah gerd. Just wasn't too impressed. Until Heel Toe which sounds like straight Sega Genesis swag.
Yes, that's a good thing

best rap names to me

Big Daddy Kane
Lord Finesse
The Alkaholiks
Large Professor
Brotha Lynch Hung
Mos Def
Cormega
De La Soul
Kurupt
Evidence
Inspectah Deck

Worst Names- Blackalicious, Lloyd Banks, Canibus, Little Brother, Lupe Fiasco (reminds me too much of lupe fuentes)

I dont know whether to put Del the funkee homosapian in best or worst

Dip and Kush Coma are WAAAAAAAY better in sequence with the rest of the tracks.

Clean Up is still my favorite track. The beat + calm Danny is too good.

If it's anything like the first track, wow. In for a treat.

Will listen just because of the blurb.
"The Beauty In All is about the flaws & mistakes that give life its character and worth - how even ignorance can give light to knowledge. For me, not knowing how to do something & still trying is a process that helped my production style evolve. If everything we are is out in perfect tutorials, we might never deviate from the teacher. This record is dedicated to imperfection and the sense of pride & accomplishment we get from our struggles. Hopefully, you listen to this record, reflect on the ups & downs of life, and see the beauty in all."

About "Tangible Dream" (The Mixtape)
I live in a gentrified part of Brooklyn, I eat out several times a week, I travel the world sampling the best that cities across the globe have to offer. Do I live in a penthouse loft? Am I dinning in five stars restaurants? Can you only find me in the most exclusive areas? Do I own a jet? The answer to all the above is most certainly no. I’m just a regular man from Prince George’s county, Maryland that figured shit out.

I discovered that I can make a career in an arena dominated by artists that sell false dreams. I realized that although the masses may not know of my body of work, it doesn’t take the whole world to have the world I want. Tangible Dream is a mix-tape dedicated to the deconstruction of our traditional ideas of success & shedding light on the possibility of a sustainable rap life.

These rhymes were written in economy class seats, these beats were produced on long bus trips & these songs were recorded in airbnb apartments. All I want to do is make music for a living so that I can live to make music. The only dreams I’m interested in are the ones I can grasp. It just so happens that anything you want bad enough can be obtained. Perhaps the world may never know of my accomplishments but accomplishments they are nonetheless.

CRS

^ I don't know how involved Abel is with his merch but it's been ridiculous from the get-go. The vinyl fiasco being stupid but because fans will buy anything with a fucking XO on it, they mark up the price like they're struggling with money. Assholes.

This is some prime smoking music to chill to. I really want Curren$y over these beats.

I'm loving the layering on these beats. Sooo good.

Fashionably Late. Man, I wish there was a Steely Dan-esque sax solo in this track.

iavi

It's some bullshit. I don't buy merch for many artists, but Abel's one of those dudes I could support in that way.

XXX equaled. Man, I had my doubts but Danny Brown brought it with this album. Just, damn

Does Fool's Gold do digipacks on all their shit? I don't trust Amazon's cheap shipping with a jewel case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom