• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

Just skipped through the new Cam to check out the beats and they are ok. My Life sounded great and lyrically is great and apparently Cam produced it which is dope. It seems like a mediocre project but I'll listen to it tomorrow. I like the three songs that he put out off it so those at least will make it to iPod rotation.

PBY

Banned
Just skipped through the new Cam to check out the beats and they are ok. My Life sounded great and lyrically is great and apparently Cam produced it which is dope. It seems like a mediocre project but I'll listen to it tomorrow. I like the three songs that he put out off it so those at least will make it to iPod rotation.
Huh I really liked it.

Give it a real listen Tom.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If someone would have told y'all 5 years ago Cam'ron and Fat Joe would drop better albums in the same year, than Jay-Z and Kanye. you all would of said they were insane...... Well we are officially living in crazy times Gaf-Hop.

IrishNinja

in this week's "why the fuck did i sleep": Run the Jewels is some hot shit so far

|OT| 10 Honorary Wu Members

here for this, you already know

Cam'ron and Fat Joe

4JtOQBN.gif

Old continues to blow me away. Literally the only song I don't fuck with (at all) is the Ab Soul one. That beat nearly reaches Airworks levels of "no one can rap over this."

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
yea, Way Up Here is the only track I ever contemplate hitting skip on, but since the album is barely out and not the best quality I go through it. Maybe it'll grow on people.

Old continues to blow me away. Literally the only song I don't fuck with (at all) is the Ab Soul one. That beat nearly reaches Airworks levels of "no one can rap over this."
I press skip before his verse comes on.

Side B is surprisingly tolerable to me for what it is. Was expecting it to be filled with far worse EDM crap.

overcast

Does the Needle Drop have the influence P4K has? I was surprised when Danny mentioned it.
He's known all over the Internet music forums, and definitely in the "indie" sub culture.

Definitely not pitchfork big, but /mu always reacts to his reviews. It's great.

Cudder

Needle drop gave Old a 7, I was expecting an 8 for sure.

Oh, didn't know you posted it in the OT Des.

How you gonna post a review 2 couple days after it leaks, and in shit quality none the less? These reviewers that shit out reviews as close as possible from the moment they hear the new music irks me. No one sits on music anymore to let it soak in.

Jitters

How you gonna post a review 2 couple days after it leaks, and in shit quality none the less? These reviewers that shit out reviews as close as possible from the moment they hear the new music irks me. No one sits on music anymore to let it soak in.

A lot of people on message boards will talk about an album as they are listening to it.

CRS

Like PD said, big enough reviewers get an advanced copy (a source of a lot of leaks) so I don't think he listened to the shit quality.

I agree that people need to let it sink for a minute and stop trying to be FIRST! for an album review.

DominoKid

I see why Pusha was so gassed on his own album. Aside from that weird Mase impersonation w/ Kelly Rowland this shit is dope. The songs I wasn't really feeling on their own (Nosestalgia & Who I Am) play a lot better together too.

Pain is still a banger a year later.
Hold On, Suicide, No Regrets and SNITCH are incredibly dope.

All it's really missing for me is Millions or a track like it.

Loving the album though.

Been bumping that Innanetape for the past 3 days. Shit is so smoooooooth. Thanks for putting me up on game HRD.

Really can't wait for Old. I listened once on Spotify but I'm waiting for the official release to really sit down and digest the album.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm not really surprised that theneedledrop gave it a 7, as it looked like he really cared for Side A, but not Side B (which was the same case with XXX as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom