• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
BOATS should get dap honestly. Its a commercially viable trap album that a really wide range of people can enjoy, the wordplay is funny as hell, beats are dope, and the singles are great.

eXquire is a great rapper, i don't find him to be a great artist though. Too disorganized and meanders with his projects.

I got kismet in my top 10 this year.... I look at the chaos as part of his act.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Last 5 years? Why not:

ENZOs BEST OBSCURE ALBUMS OF THE PAST 5 YEARS:

1. MBDTFGOAT
2. GKMC
3. Man On The Moon: The End of Day
4. Yeezus
5. Take Care
6. Teflon Don
7. So Far Gone
8. Section.80
9. 4EvaNaDay
10. Friday Night Lights

Honourable mentions: Finally Famous, everything else from K.R.I.T., Old, MNIMN, Owl Pharoah, Jesus Piece

TBQH, after #7 I have trouble numbering them, and there's a lot of album that I'd put in that same tier. Plus there's new stuff like Old which I can't tell if it will stand the test of time or not. I just looked back at my 2010-2012 rating and they've changed considerably.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Travis scott mentions gets me heated
He's a terrible, terrible, terrible rapper but that dude knows how to make a smash. Old English, Bandz, Bad Mood, Drive, Hell of a Night, UP, Blocka La Flame, Quintana, Lights, shit I'm even feeling Upper Echelon now.

Bandz is quite possibly my favourite hip-hop song all year. The beginning gets me so fucking hype.

AHGOTBANDZ

kamspy

Watch the Throne
Yeezus
XXX
Pilot Talk
MBDTF
HnC

only ones that stand out on the upper upper tier for me. Might be forgetting one or two.

PBY

Banned
He's a terrible, terrible, terrible rapper but that dude knows how to make a smash. Old English, Bandz, Bad Mood, Drive, Hell of a Night, UP, Blocka La Flame, Quintana, Lights, shit I'm even feeling Upper Echelon now.

Bandz is quite possibly my favourite hip-hop song all year. The beginning gets me so fucking hype.

AHGOTBANDZ
Yup. Also his rapping sucks but he has a unique flow and voice

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't get what's wrong with his voice or flow. Voice is more subjective, but flow? Dude rides pretty much all of those songs I listed pretty damn well. He knows his own beats.

IDK y'all trippin, this motherfucker can make me enjoy a Wale verse so I give him a pass.

- - -

ifeellikepacifeellikebiggie-450x450.jpg

Link.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I don't get what's wrong with his voice or flow. Voice is more subjective, but flow? Dude rides pretty much all of those songs I listed pretty damn well. He knows his own beats.

IDK y'all trippin, this motherfucker can make me enjoy a Wale verse so I give him a pass.

- - -

Link.

Swizz knows his beats too but shouldn't rap

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
rocking balenciaga yarmulkes will do that

owl pharaoh is definitely in my top 10 for this year.
Easy in the top half for me. Was legit all the way through. I have it just under Old ATM.

Probably the most surprisingly good release all year for me.

Swizz knows his beats too but shouldn't rap
Swizz doesn't know his own beats as a producer-rapper. He can't ride them half as good as Travis Scott or hell someone like Cole who is very in tune with his own rapping on his own production as opposed to making beats for other people.

Macca

- - -

Link.
This beat is fucking fire. Damn. Verses and hook are pretty forgettable though. TI won. Needed some Flocka on that shit.

HiResDes

Real Top Ten Tentative of 2013-2009; Res edition

1. Good Kid, mAAd City
2. XXX
3. Marcberg
4. The Night's Gambit
5. Covert Coup
6. Destiny Altered
7. KRIT Wuz Here
8. In Search of Stoney Jackson
9. Mista Thug Isolation
10. HNC

Other Things People Could Mention And Receive My Props:
  • Live Love A$AP
  • Death is Silent
  • Cancer 4 Cure
  • Yeezus
  • BFK
  • Reloaded
  • Old
  • Duality
  • TSOL

Blackace

Swizz doesn't know his own beats as a producer-rapper. He can't ride them half as good as Travis Scott or hell someone like Cole who is very in tune with his own rapping on his own production as opposed to making beats for other people.

Not really... Scott is horrible and should be beaten with a mic

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Real Top Ten Tentative of 2013-2009; Res edition

1. Good Kid, mAAd City
2. XXX
3. Marcberg
4. The Night's Gambit
5. Covert Coup
6. Destiny Altered
7. KRIT Wuz Here
8. In Search of Stoney Jackson
9. Mista Thug Isolation
10. HNC

Other Things People Could Mention And Receive My Props:
  • Live Love A$AP
  • Death is Silent
  • Cancer 4 Cure
  • BFK
  • Reloaded
  • Old
  • TSOL
Completely forgot about TSOL

This changes everything. Well, not really, I only ever really go back to like 3 songs off of it..

This beat is fucking fire. Damn. Verses and hook are pretty forgettable though. TI won. Needed some Flocka on that shit.
Agreed, shit is kinda disappointing. Kinda feel weird about Diddy being on there. Would've liked if Dre or Cube or someone was talking shit over it or something too.

Samk

I spent money on GKMC and MCHG, which says something for me. That and I got to here a bunch of new stuff because of yall

Esch

Banned
Reloaded > Marcberg to me. Better production..

but im still happy someone else besides me realizes that Wuz Here KRIT is GOAT KRIT, fuck this lame shit he puts out now.

PBY

Banned
09-13

MBDTF
YEEZUS
SLL
MOTM2
LLA
Watch the Throne
XXX
Pilot Talk
HnC
Flockavelli

Just missed the cut: Wiz's GOATING PAPERS

HiResDes

I spent money on GKMC and MCHG, which says something for me. That and I got to here a bunch of new stuff because of yall

Eww...

...What the fuck is SLL, those abbreviations are just lazy...Sir Luscious? And damn you're such a Kanye stan.

Cudder

Reloaded > Marcberg to me. Better production..

but im still happy someone else besides me realizes that Wuz Here KRIT is GOAT KRIT, fuck this lame shit he puts out now.

lame shit he puts out now? cmon son. Even if he were to remake the same album forever it would still be head and shoulders above most other rappers outputs. Say what you want about him repeating his sound, but you can just tell the dude puts more love and care into his projects than most.

Blackace

lame shit he puts out now? cmon son. Even if he were to remake the same album forever it would still be head and shoulders above most other rappers outputs. Say what you want about him repeating his sound, but you can just tell the dude puts more love and care into his projects than most.

Song: I love Fried Chicken
Artist: Big KRIT

Chorus: I love Fried Chicken! In the dirty south pop that shit in my mouth! I love Fried Chicken! In the dirty south pop that shit in my mouth! I love Fried Chicken

Esch

Banned

nah.

Shit is passe as fuck now imo, super old hat. He just makes like 1 slight (the slightest) stylistic tweak on his production with each new project, and treads water lyrically and it's infuriating for someone in his youth who seems to have a lot of potential. He also writes straight shittastic hooks. Shitty shit shite. Cringeworthy.

Chorus: I love Fried Chicken! In the dirty south pop that shit in my mouth! I love Fried Chicken! In the dirty south pop that shit in my mouth! I love Fried Chicken

yep.

CRS

tumblr_lestnnIG231qdcjam.gif

nah.

Shit is passe as fuck now imo, super old hat. He just makes like 1 slight (the slightest) stylistic tweak on his production with each new project, and treads water lyrically and it's infuriating for someone in his youth who seems to have a lot of potential. He also writes straight shittastic hooks. Shitty shit shite. Cringeworthy.
He may have bad hooks but he also has amazing hooks. He doesn't really have any middle ground when it comes to hooks so the bad ones are a lot more apparent.

IrishNinja

What are you going to school for?

socrates philosophies & hypotheses, which means you teach, start a cult, write a book about a cult you started, or civil service, so after 2 & 3 i'm onto the latter now

will bless this thread with my 10 later, but damn @ esh's salesmanship on night's gambit, hitting that up tonight

holy shit, hahahaha
PP is on some d-block "I DONT MIND DOIN A BID" type shit

Esch

Banned
Cop a piece, cop a, cop a, Cop a piece, Cop a piece
Cop a piece, cop a, cop a, Cop a piece, Cop a piece
Cop a piece, cop a, cop a piece, Cop a piece
Who dat getting nuggets? Ay, who dat getting wings, shawty?

Ok, I wake up fresh, get up fly, drape myself, pimp my ride
Grab some coupons, cop some buckets, making shawty get down on the floor
I’ma have to show my wallet, punch a ballot, pump my brakes, [then I’m mad?]
Pop my trunk, then I flash, a n***a wanna cop wings so hard
We don’t wanna play no games
Fuck with the colonel, trick on church's, that won’t change
Caught my lane, swang and swerve, I gotta watch out for the curb
We don’t really play that, play that, yea! Yeen bout that, bout that, no!
Then don’t come round, come round, here! Cause we’ll let them, let them, go!

Ok, I jump out fresh, shine all day, rep my hood, rep my state
Spot a little bad spot around my way, and holler out let's get fried
Always been about my grits, bout my beans
Don’t like tenders and I don’t like fries
Don’t like places that tease all day like they won’t give a real n***a legs
Peep this game just to get these breasts
Throw it in the air when you hit this floor
Yea that’s me sitting on chrome biscuits
Maybe when you couldn’t see when I crept up slow
Watch yo head when I open my door, grab yo bucket then let’s go
Dark in the club with a pimp on glow, everybody saw me take yo ho like…

Ay, balling, crawling, slamming doors! (cop a piece, cop a piece)
Be a pimp tight player like I’m not! (cop a piece, cop a piece)
Cuz my trunk on slam and my sauce on hot! (cop a piece, cop a piece)
I’m like show me where them dollars at (cop a piece, cop a piece)
show me where them buckets at(cop a piece, cop a piece)
You ain’t spending then don’t grab one (cop a piece, cop a piece)

Cudder

This jokes been done before. But I'm cool with him keeping his simplistic choruses if he keeps his verses on point like he usually does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom