• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

I like how people have to continue playing GKMC for all eternity for it to be the real McCoy

You don't listen to Illmatic, 36 Chambers, The Chronic, Doggystyle, 2001, All Eyez On Me, Straight Outta Compton, Ready to Die, Reasonable Doubt, AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, MMLP, No One Can Do It Better, College Dropout, SSLP, Me Against The World, Death Certificate, Life After Death, and Late Registration every day?

Samk

You don't listen to Illmatic, 36 Chambers, The Chronic, Doggystyle, 2001, All Eyez On Me, Straight Outta Compton, Ready to Die, Reasonable Doubt, AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, MMLP, No One Can Do It Better, College Dropout, SSLP, Me Against The World, Death Certificate, Life After Death, and Late Registration every day?

It's a pain but to remain a legit hip hop head you have to. It only leaves a few hours for sleep, but it need be done.

IrishNinja

How is Flint's music do different than Detroit's? Seriously, crazy.

Flint:

DFC

suib5fm.jpg

Mother fucking forgotten classic. Check this shit out.

Things in the Hood feat Nate Dogg
http://youtu.be/E-O7wRLBuNE

Caps Get Peeled feat. MC Eiht
http://youtu.be/gVP-rBd0afY

Digga Bigga Ditch
http://youtu.be/F2m5Ze5Einc

late on this, but i dug this! gonna hit up more later, miss that shit sometimes

There are people who consider themselves Real Hip Hop™ fans and don't do this?

Aside from the 2nd half of Illmatic, that's essential listening everyday. Before breakfast.

I like how people have to continue playing GKMC for all eternity for it to be the real McCoy

I didn't mean it like that. I never have the urge to revisit it when I'm scrolling through my 2012 albums, and I guess I'm just surprised by that because I loved it at the time. I was wondering if people were in the same boat as me, considering it was universally acclaimed

also my perception of time is totally off, can't believe that album came out a year ago. what the hell

Kwixotik

Honestly I think the two albums from the past couple years that get the most play from me are LiveLoveA$AP and Russian Roulette.

iavi

Had to re-listen to Awfulalterations and it's aged beautifully, most slept on album in hip-hop ever...Can't believe I didn't give it top ten nods.

Awfulaterations is amazing, but, honestly, it was lightning in a bottle for that dude. Nothing since has really melded the schizophrenic pacing, with the needed framework or....something for it to actually work.

got me hot cuz

do people still listen to gkmc? Everybody claiming it's a classic but I don't think it's getting regular airtime anymore, at least not from me. But I still throw Control System & BFK in the whip all the time

though I'm not calling those classics. gosh, fuck a "classic" in general. what an odd label

Still listen to that shit everyday dawg

Money Trees, Bitch don't kill my vibe, mAAd city, just started playing Real a lot more.

classic

Still listen to that shit everyday dawg

Money Trees, Bitch don't kill my vibe, mAAd city, just started playing Real a lot more.

classic

those are the only two that i could ever throw in rotation. it's a good album but i can't play the other songs alone.

one day i'll revisit the album again in full but that's about it.

and one day toku will come back. he will rebuild...and become...stronger.

codhand

What are the "great" producer albums?

I've listened to only Donuts I think. Russian Roulette was great.

Some older producer albums

Quasimoto - The Unseen
Siah and Yeshua - The Visualz EP
Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus
E.C Illa - Illa L.P.
Edan - Beauty and the Beat
Del the Funky Homosapien - Future Developement
The Grouch - Making Perfect Sense
Diamond D - Stunts, Blunts, & Hip Hop
Blackalicious - Nia
Digable Planets - Blowout Comb

Some classic instrumental albums

DJ Shadow - Entroducing
DJ Krush - Kakusei
Nobody - Soulmates
DJ Spooky - Songs of a Dead Dreamer
Prince Paul - Psychoanalysis (What Is It?)
DJ Frane - Frane's Fantastic Boat Ride
Rza - Ghost Dog Japanese Soundtrack
Avalanches - Since I Left You
Amon Tobin - Bricolage
Dan the Automator - Instrumentalyst (Octagon Beats)
MIx Master Mike - Anti-Theft Device

Others:
Fat Jon
Kan Kick
Cut Chemist

Bolded is probably the most similar to Russian Roulette
Underlined are personal GOATS

IrishNinja

nice ones cod, adding:

Nujabes/Fat Jon - nearly everything
Madlib - Shades of Blue
DOOM - special herbs 1- whatever
Pete Rock - Petestrumentals
Premier - Crooklyn Cuts
Green Lantern - i forget what, lemme get back to this one

Kimosabae

Banned
So I'm hella late on the BBC/Kanye interview - has that been put through it's paces here, already? I couldn't even make it alway through Yeezus, but that interview was amazing and really contextualizes the album a bit. Dude's a bonafide, tactless, nutjob, in my eyes; but I definitely identify with most of what he says here.

Kwixotik

So I'm hella late on the BBC/Kanye interview - has that been put through it's paces here, already? I couldn't even make it alway through Yeezus, but that interview was amazing and really contextualizes the album a bit. Dude's a bonafide, tactless, nutjob, in my eyes; but I definitely identify with most of what he says here.

I don't think a nutjob, he's just prone to let his passions get the best of his judgment

Esch

Banned
The question is, when Kanye's psyche breaks, what will he do? Beat someone? Kill them maybe? Im going with the long odds: slicing his ear off and mailing it to Amber Rose.

Rooster12

nice ones cod, adding:

Nujabes/Fat Jon - nearly everything

Oh forgot about Nujabes, there are actually tons of Japanese producers that are similar to Nujabes like Michita, Reki, Evisbeats, Inner Science etc...

And then there are I-DeA and DJ Muro who are like the Japanese versions of Alchemist and Havoc....kinda weird if you think about it.

Rooster12

Some older producer albums

Quasimoto - The Unseen
Siah and Yeshua - The Visualz EP
Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus
E.C Illa - Illa L.P.
Edan - Beauty and the Beat
Del the Funky Homosapien - Future Developement
The Grouch - Making Perfect Sense
Diamond D - Stunts, Blunts, & Hip Hop
Blackalicious - Nia
Digable Planets - Blowout Comb

Also these 3:

Muggs%2BPresents%2BThe%2BSoul%2BAssassins%2B%2528Front%2529.jpg

3760147762236.jpg

DJ+Deckstream+Soundtracks.jpg

joelseph

FLYLO FM ‏@flyinglotus 1m "Been helpin out w the new @kendricklamar show for the yeezus tour. It's gonna b so amazing."

If the BF crew is doing the lights thugs are going to start denouncing drugs after this show.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FLYLO FM ‏@flyinglotus 1m "Been helpin out w the new @kendricklamar show for the yeezus tour. It's gonna b so amazing."

If the BF crew is doing the lights thugs are going to start denouncing drugs after this show.
Really excited for what DONDA Surround is especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom