• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
How do you guys feel about the recent wave of experimental pop/hip-hop artists that have come out recently....I'm talking about Raury, Allan Kingdom, Kevin Abstract, etc.
Like them in theory more than I actually enjoy their music.

Raury is my fav tho

overcast

How do you guys feel about the recent wave of experimental pop/hip-hop artists that have come out recently....I'm talking about Raury, Allan Kingdom, Kevin Abstract, etc.
I don't know them. I'll check them out.
Can anyone tell me the source for this? lmao
One of the best gifs we have.
hot n1gga/bobby smurda is the lamest 'movement' rap has seen in years tbh. dance aint even all that.
Wait, it's a movement?

PlayDat

I re-listened to Coke Boys 5 in class today and I was trying so hard to not laugh my ass off in class

Maybe it's because this is my first time listening to either artist, but Kool AD and Kassa sound indistinguishable to me. I've played it over 20 times now too.

I've never heard of any of these people. Should I consider this post a cosign?

Esch

Banned
Wait, it's a movement?

sh1t was (pitifully) the biggest thing in rap this summer. You got bums like PD who won't sully their ears with trap downloading the mixtape a couple days after it drops, using the gifs and the emotes, etc, adding 'sh-' into everything. Just lame as fuck. And shows that a lot of rap fans are straight NYC dickriders.

iavi

I feel the exact same way. Audio Push should be bigger on the radio, they've already made so many radio ready bangers.

Inland Empire was radio ready banger central. I'm legit surprised it didn't catch on. I'm norcal, tho. LA may have shown love

Tokubetsu

I'm 6ft, so dating a taller chick is like dating she-hulk which is pretty rad.

ifksIJxfyel47.gif

Vorheez

How many of yall think hot nigga is a good track? I mean, the shit is catchy but I think I ruined it for myself because I heard banks on that beat long before. I see it as a banks track

Cheddahz

Banned
Maybe it's because this is my first time listening to either artist, but Kool AD and Kassa sound indistinguishable to me. I've played it over 20 times now too.

I have trouble trying to identify each one too. Just remember if the person references "Seattle", it's Kass

Jitters

I've only heard that one Kingdom song, and it wasn't bad, but I haven't heard Raury at all. I streamed the Abstract album when it was on Complex or something and had no urge to go back to it. I'm not really into a lot of the soundcloud experimental stuff. They mess around with all these different sounds that may be unconventional to the genre, but to me, they fail to make the songs interesting.

Do you know/like Michael Christmas?

idk man, last couple of months were work, work, work :(

Edit:
loooool this song though
lol I had never heard it either.

HiResDes

I just realized I have a whole other month to finish Q3, I was tripping. But anyway here's a sneak peak of some of the free tapes I really liked that I didn't see talked about in here:

...Cosign on all this shit.

Edit: Jitters, yeah I got into Is This Art? a bit late, but I like it.

Jitters

Jitters, yeah I got into Is This Art? a bit late, but I like it.

I just heard it last week curious if there were anyfans on here. Saw an interview with him and he had a jennifer's body shirt on so I assumed he was good people.

Unrelated
http://38.media.tumblr.com/1093218673b97f5c5a1c59fbc141b3cc/tumblr_naw9jdGhjC1s84os0o1_1280.png
http://38.media.tumblr.com/7f96c075eca9cbc38be094b6085f8cf1/tumblr_nb4onxhzr61rq163po1_1280.jpg
https://33.media.tumblr.com/c7d8205d02ea06368baed4f15520d1bb/tumblr_nb9gex6J2e1stswxuo1_500.png

Toku you have the best aesthetic.

Esch

Banned
High key, Toku watched Sailor Moon and Card Captors with his sisters(?) and then made the mistake of telling someone about it in school. Dudes were like
jp05slFXxIYSC.png

sh1t was (pitifully) the biggest thing in rap this summer. You got bums like PD who won't sully their ears with trap downloading the mixtape a couple days after it drops, using the gifs and the emotes, etc, adding 'sh-' into everything. Just lame as fuck. And shows that a lot of rap fans are straight NYC dickriders.
I didn't know it was a thing until this month lol. Saw one person do that dance the entire summer.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Inland Empire was radio ready banger central. I'm legit surprised it didn't catch on. I'm norcal, tho. LA may have shown love
Turtle Overdose is still my jam.

That beat drop :whew:

clip full of wings, turn these boys into angels

thabiz

EmilioEstevez,TheMightyDuckMan puts skinny in the top ten, no doubt. that beat got me high. true story.

it is a top ten record. bones best. sadly it will not get the recognition it deserves. top shelf production. its been a joy listening to someone learn their craft. big things for bones. BIG.

EmilioEstevez,TheMightyDuckMan puts skinny in the top ten, no doubt. that beat got me high. true story.

it is a top ten record. bones best. sadly it will not get the recognition it deserves. top shelf production. its been a joy listening to someone learn their craft. big things for bones. BIG.
Yeah it's pretty good. Glad to see all the bones fans just increase. Why won't it get the recognition though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom