• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

4KpCrCS.jpg

http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast-episode.aspx?id=432

This is hot as fuck.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't hate Wale but whenever he comes on a track there's like this 30 seconds of lag time where I just can't figure out who it is that's rapping. It's like he's so unessential that my brain won't even put in the effort to remember who he is.

I was ready... fuck that, I've been ready
Since Wale used to tell me his tape was comin' to turn the heat up
He ain't show up
Valuable lesson, man I had to grow up

you gonna learn, Count.

inb4 slander: those two Wale projects are the only ones I like from him tbh. Ambition wasn't bad either tho but I didn't really fuck with it too long

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nardwuar vs. Aziz Ansari. Dead @ his idea of rebooting Fast & Furious w/Future.
hes right about us not being satiated though

#GoodGuyTroyAve announces the Money, Powder, Respect Tour.

Kid Ink ft. Usher & Tinashe - Body Language. Too much Kid Ink, not enough Tinashe.

The Game ft. Too Short, Problem, AV & Eric Bellinger – Or Nah video. This video is strange.

Elle Varner ft. A$AP Ferg - Don't Wanna Dance video.

Loaded Lux - About The Money freestyle.

P. Reign ft. Meek Mill & PARTYNEXTDOOR - Realest In The City. Apparently this dude's EP releases tmmro? This is decent, for all your Drake sound-a-like needs.

Quan ft. Pusha T - All On Him.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I listened to Body Language earlier due to the Cashmere Cat co-production but it just sounded like a Mustard knock-off. Oh well, it's a Kid Ink track, not like it had a chance to begin with.

I listened to Body Language earlier due to the Cashmere Cat co-production but it just sounded like a Mustard knock-off. Oh well, it's a Kid Ink track, not like it had a chance to begin with.

Yeah like Toku said, I think that was the point and I liked it. Cashmere and Stargate hit the perfect Mustard beat update on their first try. Mustard should have been at this level with his own work months ago. Cashy is too talented.

Super excited to see him get so many big opportunities, he deserves it. 2017 Yeezy season featuring "Happily married" Kanye borrowing production from Cashmere, Toki, Hemsworth, etc is still on pace.

'Jesus Christ Super Tramp' (Rob Sonic) might have the hook of the year.

And that Troy Ave post killed me when I read it earlier. So many different fuckeries in that little story. The Megazord of L's.

cacophony

wtf

in my dream i watched 2 troy ave videos and i heard the music and his lips moving but i could hear him rapping because my brain didn't care enough what he was saying to put effort into hearing it. i asked other people and they said they could hear him rapping

why is troy ave in my dreams

overcast

Super excited to see him get so many big opportunities, he deserves it. 2017 Yeezy season featuring "Happily married" Kanye borrowing production from Cashmere, Toki, Hemsworth, etc is still on pace.
The dream.

Guys, I've been thinking since I got moved up to busser to just start looking to work at other restaurants for bussing positions. Really tired of working at my place, and the managers have been increasingly bigger assholes. Tons of restaurants, but I am pretty comfortable at mine (coworkers are decent). No question, explore my options right?

Always always always explore work options. Keep your eyes open for any opportunity and actively check to see if stuff is open. You never know when the perfect situation could be right in front of you. Just don't neglect your current work.

Worst thing that happens is a manager says you have 'no loyalty' or some shit before the end of a shift and you drive home muttering about a multinational corporation paying just over minimum wage not having loyalty anyway.

DominoKid

always be looking for new opportunities but keep your work at a high level. bosses aren't stupid. they know what a gig looks like that nobody really wants to be in. although it helps to have a boss w/ some decency and common sense that understands that.

that new Thugger/Quan joint is tight.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
you ever spend like 5 hours revising a cover letter for what might be the perfect job which you meet all of the qualifications for and KNOW you can rock

and then never get a response back

yeah. life sucks.

HiResDes

you ever spend like 5 hours revising a cover letter for what might be the perfect job which you meet all of the qualifications for and KNOW you can rock

yeah. life sucks.
Yeah I remember having that exact feeling when I applied to Vice.

In other Perfect Hair is my favorite Busdriver project ever, and I'm still not sure I can get over his irritable style.

cacophony

yeah. life sucks.

never expect a response for anything. thats why you just send out as much shit as possible.

Ninja Dom

So I've only checked out Loaded Lux doing freestyle battles and not his actual songs.

The song that enzo_gt posted was decent. Lux also shouts out Max B (GOAT). I'm interested in the Lux EP at the end of this month.

Low End this week has Open Mike Eagle and Busdriver. For some reason I thought Milo was there, too, but I may have drawn that conclusion in my head.

IHC w/ LED and Goldenvoice are throwing a party on Saturday. Lunice headlining. Tickets here for $10. This is actually going up against Mad Decent Block Party, which is going to have Cashmere Cat B2B w/ Trippy Turtle.

big ander

Thug/Quan would be bigger than Britney/Justin, bigger than Jay/Bey, bigger than Pitt/Jolie. Should happen.

I mean if they want it to. bare minimum keep making songs like the new one
never expect a response for anything. thats why you just send out as much shit as possible.

This is what I've been doing, but then people will be like "you gotta make each cover letter super special, the absolute best thing you've ever written, and do it from scratch each time" or even worse "just keep going into the same place every day with your resume until they HAVE to hire you--my second cousin's boyfriend's yoga teacher's DMV clerk did it and got hired at a prestigious _____ firm!!!" It's laughable horseshit. like I work hard on cover letters and cater each one to each individual company for sure. Do a little research, sell myself genuinely. But I have a starting template that I start from and change a lot. I can't see how putting your time towards writing a brand new letter each time is beneficial, let alone putting all your weight behind getting in at one place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom