• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Albums are supposed to be better products so usually when I hate everything on a dude's albums I don't really feel like checking out the tapes
Yeah that isn't the case for the majority of younger modern rap artists.

Edit: Kush and OJ is one of the best weed rap albums of the past decade. I'm not even a huge Wiz fan and I believe that. Flight School is pretty dope too.

codhand

iwPWpObE0xfGA.gif

Cheddahz

Banned
People here think that Wiz has released "classic albums"?

Holy shit, if you want a good weed album, just listen to Pilot Talk 1 or 2

Holy shit, if you want a good weed album, just listen to Pilot Talk 1 or 2

Kush and OJ is the closest thing but even then that is definitely not a classic.

Remember when people were calling GKMC a classic a day after it came out? LOL

overcast

Wouldn't call it a classic, but Kush and OJ is pretty great.
Remember when people were calling GKMC a classic a day after it came out? LOL
They were so right though. We've discussed here before, but it's ridiculous to the extent of how desperately everything is called a classic shortly after it's released in hip-hop. GKMC was right, but like everything is called a classic on hip-hop forums lol.

Yeah I can understand where it's called a classic but give that shit room to breathe before titles like that get thrown out. This is why I hate the modern rap fan, an overwhelming sense of praise comes to an album only for it to be forgotten a couple weeks later. Due to my cynicism, it makes me think less of the music as well. Well I guess that's what new-age marketing does.

They were so right though. We've discussed here before, but it's ridiculous to the extent of how desperately everything is called a classic shortly after it's released in hip-hop. GKMC was right, but like everything is called a classic on hip-hop forums lol.

I haven't even heard it but the next album by my favorite artist will be a classic. #StanLogic

studyguy

Wasn't feeling Dem Boyz, I've seen Wiz in concert before and the dude is cool as fuck, but I dunno. Not doing much for me these days. I'll give Blacc a shot though.

overcast

I'll just do this again, those of you that posted your PSN's I added you the other day. Got a PS4, so if ya'll wanna play some Destiny or 2K (when it comes out).

PSN ID: Overcast520

Things between that tall broad and me have been going great so I was thinking of taking her to this.

I dig best coast but shes totally sprung on them. The price is a little steep at $70 per person but I figure dinner / drinks / music is about that much anyways. Only problem I'm having is my best friend told me I'm going all out for this girl on our fourth date and that I shouldn't be putting my eggs in one basket with her. Any opinions brehs?

illadelph

Things between that tall broad and me have been going great so I was thinking of taking her to this.

I dig best coast but shes totally sprung on them. The price is a little steep at $70 per person but I figure dinner / drinks / music is about that much anyways. Only problem I'm having is my best friend told me I'm going all out for this girl on our fourth date and that I shouldn't be putting my eggs in one basket with her. Any opinions brehs?
sounds like a fun night, just have a good time and don't worry about these non-existent "dating rules" and such

overcast

Sounds like a good date. Fuck it. If you're feeling it who can take that away. It would be out of my price range, but that's up to you.

If you didn't wanna go but were paying for it to make her happy yeah it'd be dumb...but nah, you wanna go. Enjoy yourself and don't overthink it

First, you should definitely go. Fuck what your friend says have a good time. So what if its a little expensive, if it's in your budget and something you want as well...what's the matter? First date, fourth date, the point is to have a good time and enjoy yourself while making memories with another interesting human being. This will get that done for you

But lmao I'm going to be at this too and cannot wait for the amount of fuckery this event will be.

HiResDes

Best Coast kind of fun in a twee sort of way, but she's garbage live and 70 bucks is a dollar more than our entire three day festival in Cincy with way bigger acts

It's not really a concert tho. The pricing is about right. Hard to compare it in terms of cost effectiveness to straight shows.

One Night Only featuring Best Coast merges music and culinary culture to form a unique hybrid pop-up experience. Every detail of the evening will be curated by Best Coast themselves, from conceptual food stations (elevated tour favorites from the road, tastes informed by their native Angeleno upbringing, as well as their shared Italian-American heritages) to cocktails (cucumber infused vodka to spicy mezcal) to music (every song hand-chosen by the band). One Night Only featuring Best Coast is an opportunity to not only hang out with Bethany and Bobb, but a chance to experience Best Coast's dream dinner party as manifested by Fifty Seven's own Chef Josh Drew. Eat, drink and then be very merry as Best Coast concludes the evening with a very special DJ set just for dinner guests.

Honestly the entire event is in the top five least necessary things I will ever attend in my life, and I am so looking forward to that experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom