• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

Y'all remember Trinidad James tho

It doesn't matter, shit is still the most overrated feature verse of the century.

Sure but most of its.strength was in how.weak/forgettable Ross, Jay & he's verses.were that she'd actually come out on top

Of course some of y'all think ye helping her makes that a little less embarrassing on an embarrassment of an album but whatever

Esch

Banned
most overrated feature of the century so far is Rick Ross on Devil in a New Dress

most underrated is TI on Swagga Like Us. I miss that TI.

most overrated feature of the century so far is Rick Ross on Devil in a New Dress

most underrated is TI on Swagga Like Us. I miss that TI.
That song was huge in High school. It felt like an event for me, especially since I was a fan of all the artists involved.

I like the verse but it's easy to shine when everyone else has a super lazy verse...Kinda like Em on Drake's Forever.

Both are great verses don't get me wrong, it's just everyone else is super lazy on them.

lmao you right. Always think of that as an MIA song for some reason

Gonna have to think avout this one for a min

It was going to be on Blueprint 3 also...I thought it was originally Jay-Z's and TI nabbed it for himself.

Seminal works you can fuck with later. I'm just going to recommend you things I like that I think you'll like.

Vagabond by Inoue is nothing short of amazing. Probably the best retelling of Miyamoto Musashis life. 10/10.

Monster is also great. Its about a serial killer. Some people prefer the animu, but I don't care for animu these days.

Planetes; about people and space cleanup. Very nice if you want something that slowly branches into issues.

Nausicaa; environmentalism, strong female characters, hayao miyazaki.

Vinland Saga; the story of a Nordic island boy who becomes an elite killer in wars on the mainland. Highly recommended. Hits many of the same redemption and violence themes as Vagabond but in a different world view.

Shokugeki no Soma; lighthearted story about a guy trying to be the best chef in the world, but wants to stick to his peculiar style; elevated diner/home style food.

3 of these are still ongoing, only ones I still read.

:daps:

Speaking of, before I get too caught up in work I want to dap up GAF's very own Snuggles for being one of the best dudes I know of laying down mixes. There is more heat in a typical Snuggles mix than in anyone elses by a mile, and that's including guys like Hemsworth and Cashmere. And almost all of it is on some "uncovered from an ancient tribe long thought forgotten in the mists of mountainous Argentina" shit. So definitely don't sleep on him.

soundcloud link for the uninitiated

if you're looking for somewhere to start I would begin with Codeine Kisses, which is pure fire front to back.

PlayDat

Not really. In French's interview with Angie Martinez last week he said the reason he doesn't sound like a typical New York rapper is because "all the lyrical rappers are broke." Danny took offense to this and tweeted about of stuff about how his own legacy will last longer than non lyrical rappers. There wasn't really a back and forth.

They're filming a Smokin & Drinkin video apparently. I'm surprised he doesn't have a video for Dope Fiend Rental yet with the way Q's been blowing up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not really. In French's interview with Angie Martinez last week he said the reason he doesn't sound like a typical New York rapper is because "all the lyrical rappers are broke." Danny took offense to this and tweeted about of stuff about how his own legacy will last longer than non lyrical rappers. There wasn't really a back and forth.

They're filming a Smokin & Drinkin video apparently. I'm surprised he doesn't have a video for Dope Fiend Rental yet with the way Q's been blowing up.
Maybe it's too much cross over with the turn up stuff he did with other singles.

I think overall Danny chose good singles for Old, though it matters less because of his label situation.

This is the wackest show I've ever been to. Skipping every word, sound is terrible. After every song they just stop in silence for two or 3 minutes.

Don't ever go see mobb deep

So. Cal Saturday

the guests on this are going to be super dope, but CZ and Franki Chan are dope on their own. You can hear some CZ here. And some extra here

21+, location TBA, rsvp here

WxR1H0A.jpg

hey enzo and count. are you going to any of danny brown's canada shows? looks like he can get his visa now lol
Probably not. Didn't eem bother going to see him when he played a free show here a month or two ago. Going to OVOFest this weekend tho, gonna see Outkast on Sunday too. Gonna be a good weekend.
This is the wackest show I've ever been to. Skipping every word, sound is terrible. After every song they just stop in silence for two or 3 minutes.

Don't ever go see mobb deep
kttcoliflabbynsick

PlayDat

Peewee Longway and Antwon are the only worthwhile mentions on that list.

GoldLink and Your Old Droog are both pretty nice too. I've met that guy Michael Christmas before. His manager and I have a mutual friend. Haven't listened to much of his music though.

edit: Just downloaded his Is This Art? Got an eXquire feature on here.

Tokubetsu

Rap names get funnier and funnier every year. Also love how that list is skewed heavy towards typical bubbling weirdos that will never go anywhere in the next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom