• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
I was digging through CDs today and rediscovered how fucking stupid the cover of Stillmatic is so here you go

KHrwSr7.png

noslogostefancopy.png

Breakfast Club made Fredro Starr the donkey of the day?

They crazy. Fredro the type to run in there and stomp someone like it's 1994.

Esch

Banned
Bad orange jumpsuit,shitty background, cg pigeon. It's iconic, but covered in stupid shit. Which works as a metaphor for the gnauze career in general, or stillmatic in particular (bad beats, awesome verses )

The only bad beat on Stillmatic is Ether. And the Ether beat lends itself to the flow of the track to the point that it never really bothers me.

Listens to modern eminem

I just don't get it. At least with Nas I'm pretty sure he's in his own world and isn't really listening to new shit - I imagine he's heard a few J Cole songs and maybe GKMC once but that's about it. But Eminem listens to everything, from the underground up. And like Nas/Jay/3k, every producer of worth would kill to work with him. Yet he is completely divorced from the hip hop scene despite that. If it's not in his small bubble of Dre/Khalil/Mr. Porter, he's not thinking of rapping on it. Sure he'll do a Just Blaze track but that's about it (and personally I thought that track was trash).

CRS

Trinidad James said:
I should tell yall. I got dropped by the Label. My Album is now free. If u hear ur beat or verse on it. I hope u want dap cuz i got no money

:mjlol

Hip Hop

Def Jam should have never signed him. Dude had no talent to go off on and had one-hit wonder written all over him.

illadelph

Stillmatic's cover is supposed to be a remake of this, not that it makes it any better, but you can then at least understand why it looks the way it does:

slick-rick-the-great-adventures-of-slick-rick-1309797854-1.jpg

Sign dudes who don't have a fanbase brehs. Bobby Smurda is next. Epic will drop his ass within the next 16 months.

At least Trinidad got a dental partial with that Def Jam dough.

Omid Walizadeh - Modern Persian Speech Sounds

some cross-cultural heat for Friday night

Omid Walizadeh has woven a brilliant line of sonic fiber from his Southern California here and now to his homeland roots in Iran. His new Modern Persian Speech Sounds album is a layered collage of audio snippets from pre-revolutionary Iranian tapes and records molded into new, rhythmic forms for future ears.

soundcloud | physical release

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Guardians of the galaxy was the most fun I've had in theaters in a minute. Despite it's flaws there's way too much to like about the movie to be tarnished by them.

Pathos

Banned
I wonder what Nas was thinking when the cover of Stillmatic was done, like why? It's just a random mess. Still great to listen too tho

Cudder

Guardians of the galaxy was the most fun I've had in theaters in a minute. Despite it's flaws there's way too much to like about the movie to be tarnished by them.

I had no interest in it at all but all of the positive word of mouth makes me think I should see it. I still have to see Dawn/Apes too smh

Macca

Think it'd be worth watching GotG if I haven't seen any of the other Marvel stuff (except the first Iron Man). Kinda just interested because I'm a sucker for space stuff.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Think it'd be worth watching GotG if I haven't seen any of the other Marvel stuff (except the first Iron Man). Kinda just interested because I'm a sucker for space stuff.
Absolutely. My girlfriend would barely consider herself a marvel fan, let alone a fan of any single marvel film (she did enjoy DoFP when we saw it, but besides that and watching half of Thor 1 she isn't in to the brand), but she was practically giddy for this one and loved it. It's winning over people who've absolutely no afinity for any Marvel stuff.

Everything is self contained story relevancy. There are allusions to where the franchise and universe at large is headed, but it's all still vague and not necessarily tied to the rest of MCU at face value.

thug minute?
Yep

I had no interest in it at all but all of the positive word of mouth makes me think I should see it. I still have to see Dawn/Apes too smh
A Saturday double feature of both could be fun. Animals who Talk funny Saturday movie marathon.

Macca

World is really fucked up right now; gaza, assad and syria, ebola outbreaks, etc. Feels like things haven't been this unstable in years.

Rittz- Profit (ft. Yelawolf and Shawty Fatt)

Nice redneck swag, i kinda miss this Yelawolf a little bit. No more love songs, just needs to stick with that country boy shit talking.
Yup. His last couple projects have been solid, as long as he doesn't do the sell out bullshit he did last time his album should at least be solid. But fuck, he'll screw it up.

Rittz has a new album out next month. Looking forward to that. It'll be totally predictable, but I'll fuck with it.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm starting to think I dig the new Shabazz Palaces album more than Pinata, but it's mainly because it came as a surprise for me and honestly, I kinda like the albums I didn't expect to like more than the albums I knew I was going to like

So yeah, for me so far, my top three albums (hip-hop wise) are...

1) Ratking - So It Goes
2) Shabazz Palaces - Lese Majesty
3) Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Pinata

HiResDes

Just wanted to thank thabiz for the Mr. Kitty rec, shit is right up my alley and gonna get plenty of play from me.

Cheddahz I have very similar rankings, though I have Dark Comedy also above Pinata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom