• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
chorus is really good. i knew my michael mann brah would be feelin dat atmosphere. (speaking of which...check out the new yung lean tape. ghosttown almost sounds like it samples the bloodsport soundtrack, these cloudrap brehs doing wonders with synths)

yelawolf's got a pretty good voice for hooks tbh.

That melodic country-swamp rap stuff he's been doing recently is a good lane. His hooks have been on point. Tennessee Love >>>

And I'll check that tape out.

Ghosttown though

LJdUIiZ.gif

Esch

Banned
:dead:

And I can't believe a fucking teacher got mad at you for your opinion on the book. What an unprofessional idiot, not to mention that his opinion was shit.
She was a woman. She also prefaced the book to us with her own stan history timeline with Krakauer, so I knew what I was doing.

rVtN8WL.png
wind up your teachers, brehs

HiResDes

I'm not really liking this Yung Lean album, though I've never liked his music

What the hell? This is like the type of video that my New Media professor would ask us to make
I still dig the song though
If you didn't like his other album not sure how or why you would even bother downloading the new, he has a style that will never really grow on you for if aren't feeling it.

Cheddahz

Banned
If you didn't like his other album not sure how or why you would even bother downloading the new, he has a style that will never really grow on you for if aren't feeling it.

It never hurts to give anything a listen and sometimes, you might like an artist's later work rather than their earlier work, so that's why I figured I give it a shit (and plus, it helped me kill time at work)

HiResDes

Isn't it just a soundtrack cut for the that movie that deals with an Indian immigrant pitcher that picks up the game and becomes a pro.

I don't eem use steam

And lol @ people begging for Kendrick's downfall. Ninjas is so thirsty for him to fail. Thought Esch would like the track too since its for his peoples but
kttcoliehh

damage control edit: Esch has posted and played that type of music (idk the name of the genre), so I thought hey, Kendrick rapping over it would be best of bof worlds eh

pls understand

Esch

Banned
I don't eem use steam

And lol @ people begging for Kendrick's downfall. Ninjas is so thirsty for him to fail. Thought Esch would like the track too since its for his peoples but
kttcoliehh

damage control edit: Esch has posted and played that type of music (idk the name of the genre), so I thought hey, Kendrick rapping over it would be best of bof worlds eh

pls understand

1.gif

This guy seriously pissing his pants and i havent said anything yet. Yeah i think it's cool that people are using beats using indian music for rap. But there are times when it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wke0-lj2wzw

And like Kendrick's, times where it doesn't.. Honestly I think one of rap's modern failings is it's unwillingness to delve into world and folk musics everywhere. I know Alc does it with some eastern european music, and Timbaland took some melodies from bollywood and middle eastern chit iirc, but apart from that all these dustheads are stuck sampling the same old soul records and shit. Please.

That Kendrick track is really, really shit though. Trolling aside.

Courage

Brehs, the piano on Leanworld :mjcry

Honestly I think one of rap's modern failings is it's unwillingness to delve into world and folk musics everywhere. I know Alc does it with some eastern european music, and Timbaland took some melodies from bollywood and middle eastern chit iirc, but apart from that all these dustheads are stuck sampling the same old soul records and shit. Please.

I'm with you on this. I'm taking a "music from all around the world" course and there's so much folk music that sounds completely unique from anything we've ever heard. You'd think by this stage there'd be some hybridization in that aspect; it's a whole musical pool waiting to be explored.

Personally I wouldn't mind some Greek folk mixed in some songs. Maybe some cretan lyra, bouzouki. I don't know how it'd work, but that's what supposed production visionaries like Kanye are there for.

Esch

Banned
I'm with you on this. I'm taking a "music from all around the world" course and there's so much folk music that sounds completely unique from anything we've ever heard. You'd think by this stage there'd be some hybridization in that aspect; it's a whole musical pool waiting to be explored.

Personally I wouldn't mind some Greek folk mixed in some songs. Maybe some cretan lyra, bouzouki. I don't know how it'd work, but that's what supposed production visionaries like Kanye are there for.

you should listen to Daemonia Nymphe :wow:

I honestly don't think a lot of brehs are listening to music from around the world that isnt electronic, or very few of them are willing to take a punt on samples because of international law or something. Who knows.

Courage

you should listen to Daemonia Nymphe :wow:

I honestly don't think a lot of brehs are listening to music from around the world that isnt electronic, or very few of them are willing to take a punt on samples because of international law or something. Who knows.

Funny you mention them, I literally started listening to them after searching "greek neofolk" for an ethnic roots assignment a week or so ago. Only listened to some of their self-titled.

Esch

Banned
Funny you mention them, I literally started listening to them after searching "greek neofolk" for an ethnic roots assignment a week or so ago. Only listened to some of their self-titled.

Is that your first step into the world of neofolk? There is a lot of piff out there.

If you like them you might also really like

Irfan

Rajna

Ataraxia

This is another genre i wanted to do a sampler sesh of in plug.dj, but I think pretty much only me and HRD listen to it on here :'(

Courage

Is that your first step into the world of neofolk? There is a lot of piff out there.

If you like them you might also really like

Irfan

Rajna

Ataraxia

This is another genre i wanted to do a sampler sesh of in plug.dj, but I think pretty much only me and HRD listen to it on here :'(

Yeah those 3 tracks are all dope, especially the last one. Neofolk is indeed all new to me; I'm more used to old Greek folk so this whole subgenre is pretty refreshing.

cdyhybrid

Top Dawg said that you were up next [after Ab-Soul]. Are you releasing a project this year?
Yes ma’am.

When can we expect it?
It’s going to be real soon. I don’t want to give it a date right now. It’s best to just wait on the CEO, Top Dawg. Anything can change during the process, but it’s coming for sure. I’m just working and it’s going to be a beautiful thing.

Why did you wait three years to drop your second project?
Business, stuff going on with the business side. I just had to sit back and stay in the game a little bit more. It’s the rebuilding process for the Rock. I’ve been hearing what a lot of people been doing and what a lot of people been putting out musically, I’ve been listening. I’ve been just reconstructing my craft, that’s all.

Now, I need you to tell me a bit more about this album. Who are some of the producers on the album?
I’ve been working with a lot of different producers. I’ve been working with my in-house producers, Sounwave, Tae Beast, Willy B. and a lot of other producers. There’s this producer from New Zealand I’ve been working with. A lot of people have been sending me beats, I’ve just been getting it in. With my day one producers too. Some producers that were on the first album, they still in there. It’s coming along real nice.

Do you have a concept yet?
Yeah, I’ve got a concept. I don’t really want to go too in-depth. I want it to be something special when it drops.

Esch

Banned
Yeah those 3 tracks are all dope, especially the last one. Neofolk is indeed all new to me; I'm more used to old Greek folk so this whole subgenre is pretty refreshing.
We should all have a sesh on that for sure. In the meantime you should listen to the Dead Can Dance discography, particularly the S/T and Spleen and Ideal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom