• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really surprised we haven't heard anything from Kendrick this summer. No throwaway track, no noteworthy feature, no nothing. He can still make a late fall or winter release but given that we don't know much of anything about the album, I'm also starting to doubt a 2014 release.

HiResDes

Really surprised we haven't heard anything from Kendrick this summer. No throwaway track, no noteworthy feature, no nothing. He can still make a late fall or winter release but given that we don't know much of anything about the album, I'm also starting to doubt a 2014 release.
When Punch or whoever said he was still trying to nail down a concept for the album that pretty much solidified that that shit was still a ways off

Cheddahz

Banned
The concept should be about how Kendrick starts a food addiction and ends up fat like Schoolboy Q and by reading conspiracy theories on Facebook, he starts to lose weight and gains the third eye and the final song involves him and Ab-Soul killing the government

I can't even guess what the "concept" will be. I really hope it's not a strict concept album like GKMC and instead is just an album with some underlining themes and ideas (like Section80). Concept albums can restrict you artistically, and worse yet it would invite even more comparisons to GKMC.

Just make an album.

HiResDes

Brehs I tried to get into K Camp dude is garbage I don't get the hype here in Cincy...Has the most monotonous hooks ever and his rapping sounds like he could have been a member of the Lunatics.

Outkast killed their set.

Shit was amazing, they were perfectly in sync, no skipped words (except Andre skipping those bars them before CRAAASH CRASH CRAAAAAAASH into a ditch)

Bun B came out to do International Players Anthem with them shit was crazy

Shit was amazing, they were perfectly in sync, no skipped words (except Andre skipping those bars them before CRAAASH CRASH CRAAAAAAASH into a ditch)

He does that on purpose. I think it was pretty funny when he did it at mine.

I can't even guess what the "concept" will be. I really hope it's not a strict concept album like GKMC and instead is just an album with some underlining themes and ideas (like Section80). Concept albums can restrict you artistically, and worse yet it would invite even more comparisons to GKMC.

Just make an album.

I agree with this completely. But I do see him going for a concept again seeing as it put him on the map and a lot of people are looking forward to that specific thing from him.

I still hope it doesn't turn out that way, though.

Just make an album.

Agree with this 100% I'd like some thing more in vein of Section.80.

Man I am so jealous I wish they would perform in Houston.

HiResDes

Calez - Ceito

Remember back in the late 2000s there were a bunch of independent rappers dropping gems that were able to mitigate between the pedantic nature of overly conscious rap and the incessant ignorance of mainstream trap music. It was around this time in which the distinction between mixtapes and albums were blurred, as rappers were beginning to up the stakes by releasing what were essentially free albums. And though it was quietly kept, this was a pretty good time for rap, as the Little Brother/College Dropout influence was beginning to rear its head and the voices in the game were seemingly heading towards a less violent and misogynistic territory. However, soon many of the rappers didn't get deals and fell and the radio refused to succumb to the somewhat conscious movement retreading back into trap dominated airwaves.

Chicago rapper Calez sounds like a product of the aforementioned college rap movement. Ceito contains introspection, wit, light crooning, and the incorporation of melodic pop rhythms, which is key is bringing everything altogether. Ceito is so fucking catchy especially once you give it a little time. It's hard to press stop once it gets going. It has the infectious hooks, moments of sobriety, and moments of intemperance, a microcosm of humankind in a nutshell.

The rapper has a knack for maintaining a seemingly confident bravado while being able to sink into these pockets of vulnerability and sincerity. And the way he rides the beats while layering in some light singing seems all so effortless and natural. It's crazy to think that such a talent can still go so under the radar in 2014. Ceito just rides and is the perfect album to play when you don't even know what to put on, it's one of those any time of the day downtempo bangers.

Strong 8

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Really? Pretty sure Kendrick has no problem just biding his time, plus he's on tour overseas, isn't he? I think the spurt of features we saw was just him doing stuff while he could in between promo and touring.

Brehs I tried to get into K Camp dude is garbage I don't get the hype here in Cincy...Has the most monotonous hooks ever and his rapping sounds like he could have been a member of the Lunatics.
Cut Her Off is a dirty pleasure for me. I don't know why. He does have all the trappings of a terrible rapper though.

Zabuza

Banned

Sounds godlike.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

That sounds like a great time.

Man that jayz/Muslim thread is fucking dangerous and dumb as hell.

zychi

Banned
I think this is one of those pivotal GAF-Hop moments.

STAND AND BE COUNTED, GAF-HOP. ARE YOU PART OF EAT A BOOTY GANG?

FOR OR AGAINST?
Depends on the chick and she better have showered.

I'm not eating no doo-doo

Chappellerkelly.gif

Tokubetsu

y'all cowards don't even eat ass

ibmFmMaaRun6Nn.gif

Esch

Banned
Over Jadakiss though? Nah. This plus joining a pyramid scheme wins a bigger L than getting a check from Toyota.
Lmao I forgot about this. This hurts me way more than Busta tbh. Jada is an idiot, dude used to brag about the dumbest shit on wax I wouldn't be surprised if he blew it all on crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom