• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

played it again in the car: my dad is going to LOVE i. I should've realized right away that dads everywhere are going to fucking vibe to this track. gonna play it on cigar night, on the way to little league games, on diaper runs, on the way home from a steak and scotch dinner. This is a dad-geared track.

milo album's pretty great. It's not ground he hasn't traveled before, both in production and lyrics, but it's a confident rendition of everything he's done before. probably smart choice for a commercial debut.

It's also corny and emotional sure--but corny and emotional in a way I like. this is an album I'll listen to on the same mornings I'm listening to silver jews, julia brown, the shins. feel no shame in enjoying that sometimes, I get why others don't though.
Peanut Butter Sandwiches thooo
That one's good, my favorites are In Gaol, Objectifying Rabbits, You are go(o)d. and why does a song called "Fragrant Pee Farts" have to be good? because even though it's good I can't talk about it being good because of the title, instant dismissal

This WC TANK guy on "Aimless" sucks though.

I want Krit to breakthrough so bad.
tocry.png

Put out tons of amazing stuff, his sample heavy style makes it almost impossible for him to put out something that's relatively true to his vision and doesn't get bogged down due to legal ish.

I don't usually care for Antwon because he's so deadpan sometimes (like the Aubrey Plaza of rap, smh) but i like this track a lot. Nice and apocalyptic. Yeah definitely some ruff ryders/juvenile or something vibes.

giphy.gif
Lmao I like him but I can't deny Aubrey Plaza of rap. Even his videos give that vibe.

Song gets me so hyped. Definitely up there with favorites of this year for me.

codhand

How salty is KRIT today hearing that Isley sample on the radio lol. Sign to Def Jam brehs.

not only did he get the clearance, he got to chill with him (prolly smoke) and have him do overdubs....

Ron Isley prolly denied Krit that same week he was chilling with King Kendrick. Dre prolly gave him a free pair of Beats, and Isley called it even.

overcast

Looking forward to new Krit, but not in a major way. October should be a great month for music.

Okay, gotta get this off my chest, cause one of the main things Gambino gets hated on for is his bullshit perspective. Totally lacks subtlety, I've seen him compared to white people problems (think Fantano said that). I've listened to Milo for years, and despite being much better lyrically, dude is similar in the complete lack of subtlety and him making those "cringe worthy nerd references". Tries just as hard if not moreso. Now, I've grown to hate almost every Gambino release except for BTI, so, Milo is definitely preferable because he is just a plain better songwriter.

iavi

"I" sounds like some of that sunshine and roses hip-hop that'd be well in its place on a Jet Set Radio soundtrack

I love it.

overcast

Ya'll think there is some middle ground? Like this song is whack but maybe it doesn't resemble the album or it was just a little something for the stations?

Naw.

cdyhybrid

The song's alright (insert Jay "it's alright" .gif here). Like the first half better than the second half. Hasn't diminished my interest in the album but didn't set my world on fire or anything.

The upcoming Ras Kass and Apollo Brown album just might be the most complete album Ras Kass has ever put out.

I havent heard a single thing from it but I've got a really good feeling about it

deli2000

The song's alright (insert Jay "it's alright" .gif here). Like the first half better than the second half. Hasn't diminished my interest in the album but didn't set my world on fire or anything.

Pretty much my thoughts on it. Pretty boring in my eyes but nothing to really complain about. I didn't like Backseat Freestyle though either.

What is the general GAF-Hop consensus on Speakerboxx/The Love Below? Played it for the first time in ages today. I think the general consensus is that Big Boi put out the better record, but listening now i think The Love Below is way more interesting despite it's corniness.

KRIT is a dumbass. He could easily be a southern Kanye in terms of just getting all types of dudes to jam in the studio and collab. He has given beats to TI, he can't get a guest verse? What about Killer Mike? There are so many southern dudes he could get on his album...

KRIT could probably get a 3 Stacks verse. All he asks for is a bowl of kale and placement for a one minute tuneless guitar solo.

aquemini comparisons? this kenneth mathers song isn't even fit for idlewild. luckily my expectations weren't high, and who knows. maybe it will flow better in the album like backseat freestyle which was a kinda wack single from kendrick too.

anyways 3 weeks ago this was me

and now i have a organic chem midterm in 2 days. yeesh. i'm going in.

overcast

Kendrick Rolling Stone Interview. Some quotes:
"If I can say anything about this record," says Kendrick Lamar, "it's that it will connect again."
Asked whether the album would be out this year, he says he's "not sure at all."
including "a bunch of tracks" with mentor Dr. Dre. "He's just gone into the lab and made beats," Lamar says of Dre. "He's trying to find that next thing – just really elevating himself and the team to grow as a creator."
"There's one particular [untitled] track I'm really excited about," he says. It's one where I just went in the booth and spilled out what I want to say at that moment. I just freestyled, because I really just wanted to grab the raw emotion of it."
"I haven't been listening to a lot of the music that's out right now. You can get influenced by it."

Courage

Brehs, driving to i on the highway was a nightmare. I thought I was about to get into an accident as I was changing lanes and the car horns at the end started blaring

Brehs, driving to i on the highway was a nightmare. I thought I was about to get into an accident as I was changing lanes and the car horns at the end started blaring

lmao same shit happened to me, I was checking all my mirrors like "yo the fuck is going on rn"

Man the overreactions to the Kendrick track are crazy. At worst it's a light to decent skip /Fantano

Did people forget tracks like "Real"? I doubt "I" will even be the worst on the album. Plus that early reaction to Backseat Freestyle....

Esch

Banned
Man the overreactions to the Kendrick track are crazy. At most it's a light to decent skip /Fantano

Did people forget tracks like "Real"? I doubt "I" will even be the worst on the album.

Things are not good when the "No Makeup" of the album is the single.

JgZs64Q.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom