• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

what prhyme hoodie? where did that come from?

oh, you must have assumed i clicked the link for a slim shady cypher.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Camp Lo

Banned
So who's going to leak this into the OT for the stans?
kDwA9.png

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Even with the weak freestyles, the BET cyphers have infinite energy in comparison to this.

We get it. You dudes can rap. Yay! They hopped out of bed, still sleepy, and decided to make a video. There was zero reason for me to care about this, because it felt like they didn't when they made it.

1 Don Demarco / 5

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OMG this Theo London

Shit is an experience. It's jazzy, it's tribal, it's electronic, it's FUNKY, it's jingly, it's 80s, it's lush, it's disco, it's soulful, it's Caribbean. Such a simple idea for an album but it's very well executed; every song is indeed it's own vibe, and it feels like one of those albums which you can come back to if you're in multiple different moods.

I have a hard-on for anything with funk or electronic elements and this has both. Ye is killing it with this executive production stuff, though Theo has always been the quirky type. Heartbreaker is probably the stand out for me.

JohnDoe

Banned
OMG this Theo London

Shit is an experience. It's jazzy, it's tribal, it's electronic, it's FUNKY, it's jingly, it's 80s, it's lush, it's disco, it's soulful, it's Caribbean. Such a simple idea for an album but it's very well executed; every song is indeed it's own vibe, and it feels like one of those albums which you can come back to if you're in multiple different moods.

I have a hard-on for anything with funk or electronic elements and this has both. Ye is killing it with this executive production stuff, though Theo has always been the quirky type. Heartbreaker is probably the stand out for me.

Yassss! Like I said, this shit reminds me so much of Grace Jones' Nightclubbing: A very successful fusion of a variety of musical styles. Top 10 material for sure.

Fjordson

Wow, everyone ravin about Vibes. Need to check it out. I really enjoyed Theo's early material.

Did Kanye produce the beats and stuff? Or was he the exec?

Cheddahz

Banned
Battle rap is moving, they're all invested (financially and otherwise) and itching to jump in the ring.

I'm tryna see Joell vs. Clips too

Maybe even Crooked I vs. Daylyt or Lotta Zay

so basically, Joe Budden beats the shit out of everyone whenever he loses in a rap battle?

overcast

Let's not all leap on our boi Syph. He admitted he was a fool for hyping anything shady related in 2014 (lolololol).

That gif caco, lord..

OMG this Theo London

Shit is fucking NICE been playing it alot for the past week. The cover kinda tells the sound he's going for the album really 80's tempo sound and influence.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cross-posting my cypher rankings, most of them brought their shit but there were a lot of corny moments/flows (Em, Crooked, Yelawolf, Royce to a lesser extent).

Joe Budden > Royce Da 5'9" > Eminem > Joell Ortiz > Crooked I >>>>> Yelawolf

PBY

Banned
Cross-posting my cypher rankings, most of them brought their shit but there were a lot of corny moments/flows (Em, Crooked, Yelawolf, Royce to a lesser extent).

Joe Budden > Royce Da 5'9" > Eminem > Joell Ortiz > Crooked I >>>>> Yelawolf
Everyone gets a 0/10

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
18 minutes of disjointed acapellas. Fuck no.

I listened to about 45 secs of each dude then closed the browser.

Dudes are feeling themselves, not realizing that the ill beat was what elevated the last cypher to classic status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom