• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to that Mick Jenkins tape y'all was talkin bout whenever.

Not bad tbh. Checked it out because it had a THC/DJ Dahi beat then ended up playing the whole tape and enjoying it.

IrishNinja

EDIT:
NrTgVbU.png

cliffy's responded to me in the past for taking the shot on it, so for once i feel partly responsible

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
you really think shes going to have a long and prosperous career? Or is she just the flavour of the month?

I think she'll do well in the underground market for awhile. Like a Little Dragon sort of success. Maybe she'll bubble up to the mainstream, but it'll be brief. I don't think flavor of the month because that requires some level of evaporation on the artists part and then a try hard follow up release a year or two later with a "reinvention" of their sound (hey someone bought a beat up casio synth from a pawn shop!).

who nowadays really has a long and prosperous career anyways? everyone has their lows and highs, but like success on some huge scale isn't attainable anymore. At least not the way it used to be.

codhand

nah gonna go ahead say when i saw the p4k review of that shit i said to myself "flavor-of-the-month"

#teambiz
#hatehatehate

studyguy

Gambino tweeted a shitload about wanting to be white or something.

I dunno, it's pretty weird to see moms and tweens on The Today Show watching Iggy do Fancy. Read his tweets after watching that video and laughed a bit. That tweet at 1:58

My daughter Lily and I can't wait to sing along to Fancy by #IGGYAZELEA on #TODAYshow #TODAYIggy

Twitter always seemed like an awful platform to do any long commentaries to me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom