• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
that mano fuckup video is too funny.

are they gonna make a Captain Murphy show or just that short?
Just the short for now, but it was pretty dope. Could you imagine. Fifteen minute adult swim show with that concept? Weekly offerings of new FlyLo material would be dope.

Diamond D - Only Way 2 Go (ft. Pete Rock)

HHDZVs5.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
On that note, where the hell is Federal Reserve anyways? Wasn't that shit supposed to drop two weeks ago plus?

Can we just be in 2015 already? Let the suffering end.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Song of the night:

Psycho Realm - Showdown

Dark song, but bumps. Psycho Realm had a lot of potential following Cypress Hill (Cypress was working and producing beats for them). When Big Duke was shot and paralyzed, Psycho Realm went with him unfortunately. They were bound for the big stage IMO had Duke not got shot.

PlayDat

new beat. i feel like theres not many rappers that would fit over my stuff, which makes me think it sucks lol

https://soundcloud.com/atira/powerful

This is nice. I like it when rappers use unconventional beats. Captures the cool thing about this genre which is how a skilled enough person can rap over anything and make it hip-hop. That being said, this kind of beat could just as easily be mangled in the wrong hands.

Pretty jealous of the Black culture threads podcasts. Pretty well done. We did a few that were nice.

I went through all the GAF-Hop podcasts a few months ago. I especially liked the one where everyone explained how they got into hip-hop. Wasn't expecting the crew to open up so much.

For as long as this subcommunity has existed, forum posts alone can still feel impersonal. Hearing people speak really adds a lot.

Short Heems feature over at Grantland

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/heems-eat-pray-thug/

It’s been exactly 15 minutes, and Heems’s tablet is dying, so that’s all. Almost a week later, he’ll publish a flurry of tweets about Eat Pray Thug. The label wants a potential hit song, he writes. (“Who the fuck you think you signed? I make post-9/11 dystopian brown man rap. Not very radio friendly.”) Apparently there are discrepancies about expenses, and communication has become all but nonexistent. The final tweet won’t stay online for long before he deletes it: “I don’t care about press or tours. I need food. I’m interviewing for full-time marketing jobs and ima quit rap.” The other remarks will stick around for a couple days before disappearing.

Esch

Banned
Tbh I liked doing the podcast, but I just don't like rap music enough right now to half ass that shit. Plus the OGs are all gone.

Tbh I liked doing the podcast, but I just don't like rap music enough right now to half ass that shit. Plus the OGs are all gone.
Well I agree about OGs being gone and at this point I think it would mostly be able what all came out so far this year so it would be easy

overcast

Rap isn't popping enough this year, but the OG thing isn't an issue. Plenty of people in this community are interesting, plus there are a few newer members who are frequently posting.

Good amount of "regulars".

CRS

Yeah, WW, siddx, and Ace all being in different time zones would make it pretty hard. Bringing it back would be nice for a 5 year anniversary sort of thing.

And the podcast wouldn't have to be just about music, since there's always more than enough fuckery going on in the hip-hop world.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The other half of the GAF-Hop OGs still post here, and have posted more consistently throughout the life of GAF-Hop too. Don't feel like it's an issue. I would gladly listen to whomever from GAF-Hop talk, OG or not.

Probably easier logistically with domestic members too.

PlayDat

OGs who have never been on the podcast:

enzo
PhoenixDark
CountBlackule
Tokubetsu
Overcast
IrishNinja
DominoKid
wenis
coldvein

Someone else can host if Esch doesn't feel like doing it.

If the podcast returns I'll buy a mic and chill with you guys.

The key is for it not to be all hip hop all the time. We could talk about life and hip hop. Random shit that happened to you. What games you're playing, books, etc. Hip hop would be the underlining current but not the only thing discussed.

HiResDes

The last track has been on rotation for the last week or two, beat is fire.

Bruh so many bangers. Francois, Drug Dealer, Ain't Nothing Like (Even Wit The Reject Mustard Beat), Kill Switch, Lost Boys, Some Ish, and Bussin all go so hard.

I only see this shit moving up my list. If you got subs don't even play this shit, gonna wreck your ear drums and shake all the shit off your dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom