• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
P.T. scared the ever living fuck out of me. I don't think I can play that game by myself. Took forever to finish that final puzzle though.
Honestly I had to turn off PT when they expected me to walk by....that thing...in the hallway. Just too much.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
All that ice water on snoop gonna crush his body

it'll make his body turn inside out or some shit.

QUicmHb.png

speaking of tha gawd producer, y'all ready for that Detox?

g83nYp0.png

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
it'll make his body turn inside out or some shit.

QUicmHb.png

speaking of tha gawd producer, y'all ready for that Detox?

g83nYp0.png

nah, he's waiting till california is really out of water to quench our thirst.

ice water challenge was his idea.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First impressions of Days Before Rodeo:

- Not as consistent as Owl Pharaoh
- Don't Play is still weird for me, it goes but it kind of has this disconnect in the production that I can't verbalize. Big Sean verse is forgettable.
- Young Thug is utilized very well on this project
- Sloppy Toppy is a bit too all over the place. I'm a huge fan of back and forth spitting, but in this case it's Migos and Peewee Longway so it's... not as good. Production is so damn strong it's tolerable though.
- Basement Freestyle has too much going on
- Backyard sounds like a rejected GKMC song, generally all the slower/chill songs on this project aren't as good or memorable as those on Owl Pharaoh, which makes this project seem very front-loaded
- Mixing on BACC*** is weirdly mixed but tough
- Everything else is pure, concentrated
watch
watch
watch

With the way this year is going, probably will be top 5-10 off the strength of the first half to two thirds.

Tokubetsu

First impressions of Days Before Rodeo:

- Not as consistent as Owl Pharaoh
- Don't Play is still weird for me, it goes but it kind of has this disconnect in the production that I can't verbalize. Big Sean verse is forgettable.
- Young Thug is utilized very well on this project
- Sloppy Toppy is a bit too all over the place. I'm a huge fan of back and forth spitting, but in this case it's Migos and Peewee Longway so it's... not as good. Production is so damn strong it's tolerable though.
- Basement Freestyle has too much going on
- Backyard sounds like a rejected GKMC song, generally all the slower/chill songs on this project aren't as good or memorable as those on Owl Pharaoh, which makes this project seem very front-loaded
- Mixing on BACC*** is weirdly mixed but tough
- Everything else is pure, concentrated
watch
watch
watch

With the way this year is going, probably will be top 5-10 off the strength of the first half to two thirds.

backyard was the only track I couldn't really fuck with on any level.

cacophony

yeah this shit def falls off in the 2nd half

im so sick of that snare in backyard. fuck young chop for bringing that back. it sticks out like a sore thumb in every beat

Esch

Banned
Couple miles from me, cops pointing guns at Amnesty International, threatening journalists with deadly force after having previously struck them with tear gas and rubber bullets....

Don't ever let any asshole tell you America is the land of the free.

Couple miles from me, cops pointing guns at Amnesty International, threatening journalists with deadly force after having previously struck them with tear gas and rubber bullets....

Don't ever let any asshole tell you America is the land of the free.

Nah breh it's the land of the free home of the brave there is no racism we are all just americans.

troll.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I knew that shit was a wrap when Amnesty International decided to deploy. Y'all are a failed state, rights mean nothing anymore.

I'm not 100% sure where I stand on the whole Travis having any bars, period and relative to others debate, especially since I'm a supporter of My Krazy Life, but the truth remains....
that Skyfall track... :whew:

Nah breh it's the land of the free home of the brave there is no racism we are all just americans.

troll.png

for some reason this post reminded me of We As Americans by Eminem. which is a great song
off Encore

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
La Flame could rap circles around YG with little effort lol La Flame is also much less reliant on production being completely tailored to his style, as he's more versatile. And he's more lyrically proficient.

His verse on I'm Leanin is one of the most memorable verses all year.

My Krazy Life might be a better project than Days Before Rodeo, but not better than Owl Pharaoh.

IrishNinja

i mean, he tries in every one of those threads
but like any decent creature he witnesses our greatest resource (latina ass) and decides to keep it movin

Kwixotik

T Dollarz, give it a few days. You'll feel better. The shit's gonna take time to sink in, but I think after a few days you can approach it with a more rational, forward-thinking perspective.

Unrelated: I might be guest DJing on a Lexington radio station tomorrow. I think we can play pretty much anything we want (it's really late night, plus it's UK's radio station), provided there are less than 4 swear words per song. Y'all got any song recs to put out there?

edit: yes, <4 swears makes it really hard to play rap but I might be able to find censored versions or something

Tokubetsu

T Dollarz, give it a few days. You'll feel better. The shit's gonna take time to sink in, but I think after a few days you can approach it with a more rational, forward-thinking perspective.

Unrelated: I might be guest DJing on a Lexington radio station tomorrow. I think we can play pretty much anything we want (it's really late night, plus it's UK's radio station), provided there are less than 4 swear words per song. Y'all got any song recs to put out there?

edit: yes, <4 swears makes it really hard to play rap but I might be able to find censored versions or something

http://youtu.be/p2YUDZZV6H8

Cudder

wait cudder, you asked to take it down, they did, and then he went ahead and posted his? smh, this duude

Why wouldn't he post his up after I got mine locked? That was the whole point of mine getting locked. Really not a big deal, the dude was working on it for a while and was collaborating with the publisher for some stuff. I spent all of 30 minutes on mine. I'll get the NHL 15 OT.

codhand

Why wouldn't he post his up after I got mine locked? That was the whole point of mine getting locked. Really not a big deal, the dude was working on it for a while and was collaborating with the publisher for some stuff. I spent all of 30 minutes on mine. I'll get the NHL 15 OT.

i just think a collaboration for the OT was in order or at least an admission of his status as an only child.

Cudder

i just think a collaboration for the OT was in order or at least an admission of his status as an only child.

He asked if I wanted to collab, I said no. He still put my name down at the bottom because he pulled some things from my thread. Really though, no big deal. We can go back to talking about the mediocre rap year now.

thabiz

He asked if I wanted to collab, I said no. He still put my name down at the bottom because he pulled some things from my thread. Really though, no big deal. We can go back to talking about the mediocre rap year now.

no. this is more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom