• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
I occasionally enjoy some gucci same way I like ordering 4 things at taco bell every couple months and shitting my brains out but he really deserves it. Dude is unrepentant lmao

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I occasionally enjoy some gucci same way I like ordering 4 things at taco bell every couple months and shitting my brains out but he really deserves it. Dude is unrepentant lmao

79gxZy1.jpg

(wish this was real)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't really like when Killer Mike speaks on social issues usually because of his general paranoia and attachment to conspiracy, but that was a good piece.

Detox

Warren G said he wants to work with Dre on the nwa biopic soundtrack and I just realised that movie is going to have a dope as fuck soundtrack.

Agreed. He just doesn't seem actually well read

I think it's less about that and more about reading the wrong shit and internalizing smart dumb nikka philosophy for decades. One thing you quickly realize about most conspiracy theorists is a fundamental ignorance of important subjects. I notice it all the time when (black) people come up with anti-Semitic or just dumb theories on why radio is 99% party & bullshit without contemplating the simple explanation: that's what people have ALWAYS wanted to listen to. Go back to the 1930s and beyond, the dominant music has always been about dancing, girls, break ups, celebrating, love, etc.

Deny it all you want, you know it's true.

It's DOTA except you don't have to worry about denying, everyone gets free TP scrolls, and everyone gets Blink.

:scust to the fullest.

Also, forced meta :lol

Nah. I've been playing Dota for a long time (like 7 years or so) and I played League for about three months (long enough to get an account to max level) and it's not really like that. League is simpler in a lot of aspects but it's a really well designed game and you're looking at it in a reductionist way that doesn't do it justice. I mean, since I got my Dota 2 beta key, I haven't played a single game of it because I personally just prefer Dota but League is still a really good game. I don't really know about the competitive aspects of League, I never really got into that, played it casually with friends and it was a lot of fun there.

On topic, been listening to a lot of GZA lately. Liquid Swords is damn good. Also I find myself more and more drawn to East Coast hip hop. I've been meaning to listen to Jay-Z and Kanye as well, haven't really listened to them at all just yet (outside of the songs you just know through pop culture). Pretty cool to get into a whole new genre of music, tons of new stuff to explore.

Is GZAs other solo material also worth listening to?

cdyhybrid

Nah. I've been playing Dota for a long time (like 7 years or so) and I played League for about three months (long enough to get an account to max level) and it's not really like that. League is simpler in a lot of aspects but it's a really well designed game and you're looking at it in a reductionist way that doesn't do it justice. I mean, since I got my Dota 2 beta key, I haven't played a single game of it because I personally just prefer Dota but League is still a really good game. I don't really know about the competitive aspects of League, I never really got into that, played it casually with friends and it was a lot of fun there.

Never said it wasn't a good game. The amount of people playing it clearly would suggest otherwise - and it IS a ripoff of DOTA, so some of that greatness rubbed off no matter how much they dumbed it down. Just calling bullshit on saying it's better than DOTA.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think it's less about that and more about reading the wrong shit and internalizing smart dumb nikka philosophy for decades. One thing you quickly realize about most conspiracy theorists is a fundamental ignorance of important subjects. I notice it all the time when (black) people come up with anti-Semitic or just dumb theories on why radio is 99% party & bullshit without contemplating the simple explanation: that's what people have ALWAYS wanted to listen to. Go back to the 1930s and beyond, the dominant music has always been about dancing, girls, break ups, celebrating, love, etc.
Ebro (and I'm sure he's not the first) said that the most popular songs are those about simple concepts that resonate with people, no matter what the form or complexity that concept takes, and I think that's something everyone can relate to, and really shouldn't be hard to understand. I just chalk it up to people getting offended when they realize others don't have the same opinions as theirs. Hell, you see people catching feelings on these boards all the time and taking shit personal.

RE: first half of your post, I see similar things in my own community. My family isn't really from a high caste or anything, but you see the same shit in those families too: a significant lack of education on how the way the world works. They use folk, seemingly tribal, mentalities at times where if your community isn't prospering, it is purely the fault of circumstance or others, and then they find ways to separate ourselves further from others. I see this shit all the time, and it's super frustrating, especially when people justify that things will even themselves out because of their faith alone, meanwhile everyone is slowly dying off because of heart failures and high cholesterol from our crummy diets, but it's okay, it's not our fault.

gave a friend a mixtape that was just "Drunk and Hot Girls" 14 times. Some chopped, some screwed, etc.

greatest prank I've ever pulled on that mothafucka

Make sure you listen to Gang Starr at some point. Start with moment of truth.
You should listen to Beneath the Surface and Grandmasters album made with DJ Muggs.

Alright, thanks. Yeah, I've heard of Gang Starr because of DJ Premier who produced a bunch of cool stuff I've listened to so far, so they've been on my list for sure.

Never said it wasn't a good game. The amount of people playing it clearly would suggest otherwise - and it IS a ripoff of DOTA, so some of that greatness rubbed off no matter how much they dumbed it down. Just calling bullshit on saying it's better than DOTA.
Oh sure, the whole MOBA game are Dota clones in essence. I think the thing with Dota and League is that both are really good games and I'll agree that, overall, Dota is better, but I don't think it's better for everyone. (if that makes sense, I'm pretty tired)

edit: Is last.fm still a thing here? If yes, this is me: http://www.last.fm/user/GyrosOfWar

gave a friend a mixtape that was just "Drunk and Hot Girls" 14 times. Some chopped, some screwed, etc.

greatest prank I've ever pulled on that mothafucka

I used to be a heavy Kanye stan, and that's the song that really saved my life. Graduation was the first time I had to contemplate the idea of Kanye making bad songs. It shook me to my very foundations. Suddenly I felt like how Malcolm X must have felt when he learned the Honorable Elijah Mohammad was dicking down underage redbones. I saw the man behind the curtain and ever since then my relationship with Kanye hasn't been the same (pause).

Tokubetsu

Drunk & Hot Girls is like a current young thug/future style trap song in disguise. If Kanye had auto tuned his voice and went for a trunk knocker sound it would be a lot like the more sinister late night bangers we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom