• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

Sailor-Moon-brushing-hair-gif.gif

wait a minute. thats not toku posting. whats going on?

JohnDoe

Banned
I think you're kinda categorically slamming a group of people's preferences (internet snobs? what attitude does that entail) without defining who they are exactly and what they're into. Like you aren't making any sense.

Poor dude lost his mind after finding out Ariana is getting plown by Big Schlong

Cheddahz

Banned
Poor dude lost his mind after finding out Ariana is getting plown by Big Schlong

I would too

The new Big Sean album is gonna be all about Ariana Grande

I be saving Detriot from the Great Depression
but I be depressing myself over Ariana
and she the Michael Jordan of my life
and I be her Scottie Pippen

Slam her in bed with the power of Ford
I'm gonna go Motown with her tonight
...wait, oh god
She gonna go Motown on me

IrishNinja

haha yeah jitters just totally sub'd in for tokus

also season 2 was bad yes (after solving laura's murder shit felt directionless) but i was into the white/black lodge shit at the end there, was happy the movie delved a bit more into it

overcast

It's okay to have fun with it. Ferg popped up in a Chromeo video, I know he's not some avant garde dude I should take too seriously. He makes good music though. I'm just not a fan of all these people I know liking him ironically; because he makes good music. I even mentioned that rap is something that is played at every party I go to, it's meant to be fun. Ironic appreciation is funny to a point, but it's been too much lately.

...Did you call me Outcast brah?

Also I'm on episode 4 of Twin Peaks season 2, shit is excellent thus far.

Esch

Banned

I think this is what happens when you listen to joke rap like Riff Raff and Kitty Pryde too much. Too much incoherence, makes one incoherent. Yet at the same time you need some levity in your life. Even PD listens to the occasional Young Lean. The dualities.

Remember brehs, be there for your sons, and don't let them watch too much Nickelodeon or Disney. Shit is bad for the youth.

thabiz

I think this is what happens when you listen to joke rap like Riff Raff and Kitty Pryde too much. Too much incoherence, makes one incoherent. Yet at the same time you need some levity in your life. Even PD listens to the occasional Young Lean. The dualities.

Remember brehs, be there for your sons, and don't let them watch too much Nickelodeon or Disney. Shit is bad for the youth.

pedo factory.

Tokubetsu

knowledge

Cheddahz

Banned

I tried taking my brother (who is 11) to go see Rise of the Planet of the Apes a few weeks ago and he said that he just wanted to stay at my grandmother's house and watch Sam & Cat

Jitters

I think you're kinda categorically slamming a group of people's preferences (internet snobs? what attitude does that entail) without defining who they are exactly and what they're into. Like you aren't making any sense.

Like what I'm trying to say is, you are more likely to see someone be a fan of Ka and Migos than you are to see someone be a fan of both Aphex Twin and Skrillex or King Crimson and Korn. You know what I mean? I mean maybe I'm crazy and mad I get made fun of liking early Korn.

Ha, I call you Outcast. Sorry dude.

JohnDoe

Banned

This post is distilled truth.

Esch

Banned
Like what I'm trying to say is, you are more likely to see someone be a fan of Ka and Migos than you are to see someone be a fan of both Aphex Twin and Skrillex or King Crimson and Korn. You know what I mean? I mean maybe I'm crazy and mad I get made fun of liking early Korn.
Please cite your quotes.

Either way who cares about what people think really, or your nebulous estimations of what you think people think? All this is is a bunch of hairless apes throwing digitally coded internet poo at each other over the ways our brains interpret a bunch of chemoelectic signals coming from our auditory organs. It doesn't really mean anything, really. Yadadamean? Have a cup of tea.

Where did this dualities meme come from?

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7tzN/samsung-duality-featuring-jay-z

Jitters

Please cite your quotes.

Either way who cares about what people think really, or your nebulous estimations of what you think people think? All this is is a bunch of hairless apes throwing digitally coded internet poo at each other over the ways our brains interpret a bunch of chemoelectic signals coming from our auditory organs. It doesn't really mean anything, really. Yadadamean? Have a cup of tea.

I couldn't agree more. I'm just curious as to why that the case. I mean don't you like Migos and Ka? Like HRD likes em and also enjoys super artsy rap. I think its cool that people can have such a wide taste I just don't get why it seems to be exclusive to hip hop. Like I never see rock fans go from Pink Floyd to Slipknot. Artsy to dumb fun.

I can't believe my adult looking princess is dating lame ass Big Sean.

Esch

Banned
Like I never see rock fans go from Pink Floyd to Slipknot. Artsy to dumb fun.

These are just more generalizations.

I know a lot of people that like Rush and King Crimson, Tiesto and Aphex Twin, etc etc.

That doesn't mean anything either.

Jitters

These are just more generalizations.

I know a lot of people that like Rush and King Crimson, Tiesto and Aphex Twin, etc etc.

That doesn't mean anything either.

That listen to silly shit as well? See, I don't know anyone like that. Then again, I don't have much friends. lol

JohnDoe

Banned
Yeah, maybe I am but I do think there is some truth to it.
I am a huge Rihanna fan and listen to shit like Brian Eno & Robert Fripp too. (not saying Rihanna is silly)
#dualities
People who put down either type of music ("fun" or "artsy") are dumb.

Cheddahz

Banned
Why does it really matter if you like two different musicians/artist/bands/whatever that don't sound the same or aren't part of the some "social circle"?

Music is music

deli2000

I really hate this thing where people just discredit peoples opinions as snobbery without engaging what that peson has to say. Not hating on Jitters, but it's a thing I see on the internet all the time and it's a real peeve. Like there's no actual reason you can't like Korn or Skrillex or whatever, it's just snobbery.

HiResDes

I really hate this thing where people just discredit peoples opinions as snobbery without engaging what that peson has to say. Not hating on Jitters, but it's a thing I see on the internet all the time and it's a real peeve. Like there's no actual reason you can't like Korn or Skrillex or whatever, it's just snobbery.
People are entitled to like whatever, but Skrillex hits a certain sound spectrum that I loathe... Not just dislike, so if someone happens to throw that on in my car or at their place they're instantly gonna lose points for me in terms of being able to dictate music or lend me recommendations, but not as a human necessarily.

It's snobbery to hate bad music?

Just had a pork bun from that Kowloon spot off the last episode of 'Fuck, that's delicious'.

Little heavy on the hoisin sauce, but dope otherwise. Bun itself was Meek-Mill-instagram-rant soft.

deli2000

It's snobbery to hate bad music?

People are entitled to like whatever, but Skrillex hits a certain sound spectrum that I loathe... Not just dislike, so if someone happens to throw that on in my car or at their place they're instantly gonna lose points for me in terms of being able to dictate music or lend me recommendations, but not as a human necessarily.

What? I was saying that calling someone else a snob is a non criticism. I was agreeing with both of you. Is this a case of me being terribad with words or...

Esch

Banned
Just had a pork bun from that Kowloon spot off the last episode of 'Fuck, that's delicious'.

Little heavy on the hoisin sauce, but dope otherwise. Bun itself was Meek-Mill-instagram-rant soft.

Pork buns are one of those things that should be huge in america. Word to Sleeping Dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom