• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
B3zxvHrIAAETV79.jpg:large
iFXWhtL8CXpFi.gif

These dudes grew up on Bill Cosby. They're not gonna give up one of their own and their childhood easy.

It's not about that. It's about a self defeating mentality amongst many black people that they cannot make progress without the white man attempting to hold them back. And if a black man attains major success (like say, Hov success) it must be because he sold his soul, or debased himself, etc. I used to just assume this was just the view of older smart-dumb niccas but I run into younger people who believe this all the fucking time.

These accusations were around before Cosby tried to buy NBC. And why a struggling, modern NBC wouldn't want a new Cosby show today...can someone explain that to me? If not for these accusations I'd imagine another Cosby show would do quite well for NBC.

studyguy

And if a black man attains major success (like say, Hov success) it must be because he sold his soul, or debased himself, etc. I used to just assume this was just the view of older smart-dumb niccas but I run into younger people who believe this all the fucking time.

Fuck it, on the flip side if they didn't lower themselves the opposing side will definitely do it for them.

studyguy

i've never had it, but in general soul food is delicious

except grits, fuck grits

I never saw the appeal of grits. I had it once or twice when I stayed at my homie's pad as a kid to eat with their fam and it's like... nothing. It tastes like nothing.

Kwixotik

Me neither.. seems like a nasty combination tbh. Had an opportunity to get it last week and said naw. Might try it tonight tho

woah woah woah woah
you're getting ahead of me
it SOUNDS delicious... just imagine maple syrup on fried chicken
i've just never really had the opportunity to try it

and yeah, fuck grits

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Never had chicken & waffles but I've heard so many rave reviews
in hip-hop songs
that I kind of want to try it.

studyguy

How have you guys not had chicken and waffles before?? Maybe it's cause we have everything out in LA but it never struck me as something hard to find.

Kwixotik

How have you guys not had chicken and waffles before?? Maybe it's cause we have everything out in LA but it never struck me as something hard to find.

It's a southern dish, but I'm still from Kentucky and feel like I have to go to Atlanta for it. I mean, I can get it here. I just want to make sure I get the good stuff.

Trey

It's not about that. It's about a self defeating mentality amongst many black people that they cannot make progress without the white man attempting to hold them back. And if a black man attains major success (like say, Hov success) it must be because he sold his soul, or debased himself, etc. I used to just assume this was just the view of older smart-dumb niccas but I run into younger people who believe this all the fucking time.

These accusations were around before Cosby tried to buy NBC. And why a struggling, modern NBC wouldn't want a new Cosby show today...can someone explain that to me? If not for these accusations I'd imagine another Cosby show would do quite well for NBC.

This is part of it as well. You say "self defeating" like it's a made up though. A lot of folks go too far with the tin foil shit, but white folks have consolidated their power and influence, and are protecting that shit.

studyguy

Drake x Kevin Hart in a film by Spike Lee?
Drake as the Penis?

Rapper Drake’s Acting Debut as “PENIS” in a Planned Spike Lee Film

An email dated April 4, 2014, from Bart Walker, Spike Lee’s agent at ICM, to Doug Belgrad, President of SPE Motion Picture Group, details the revised script for Lee’s School Daze Too, a planned sequel to Lee’s 1988 film. It’s allegedly being packaged as a starring vehicle for rapper Drake and Kevin Hart.

“This is a new draft that Spike has written after meetings with Drake, who will play the lead role of PE*NIS, and Kevin Hart who will play DAT NIGGA JIGGA. The budget is $ 9 million (net, after Georgia tax credits), not including historic costs, star salaries, creative producer fees,” the email read. “I believe in the film both as an entertainment -- a college film -- and as a provocative and exciting piece about the conflict of traditional values (education, college) and hip hop/star/celebrity culture. Why go to college to get a job to make money when you can make more money rapping, stripping, and creating salacious music videos even if they demean women?
”

Vorheez

Finally finished with exams, time to binge on some games and music

Overcast you got far cry for ps4?
Congrats man, feels good doesn't it? What are you taking? I'll be done on the 19th and then I'll treat myself to some brews

That being said, what's your guys favorite drinks? I tried Guinness recently and it was awful... I usually stay with Heineken

overcast

Finally finished with exams, time to binge on some games and music

Overcast you got far cry for ps4?
Naw. The only multiplayer games I have on PS4 right now are Destiny and Diablo. After my finals week I'm gonna binge on games/movies when I'm not working or with friends.
Some of y'all have weird priorities.
Basically.

I've never had legit grits, so I'm not going to hate. Ive had different kinds of chicken and waffles. That shit combines so flawlessly. Syrup and fried chicken is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom