• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
who cares

You should, as it's another nail in the coffin of radio and the traditional music industry. A rap album nearly going gold in a week without a manufactured single, or a single of any type, little to no mainstream marketing...just the fans supporting their favorite artist. Very damn impressive regardless of what you think of Cole.

Meanwhile Nicki Minaj had a top 5 single with 300mil+ views on youtube and won't even get to 400k records sold in two years, more than likely. Iggy still hasn't gotten close to gold.

studyguy

Sorry to hear, do they even offer chemo for dogs, probably is like ten grand if they do eh?

tbh I already dropped like 600 bills on her. Idk, most likely we're going to have to put her down since she's just sitting there puking up everything and not able to move really. Some sad shit but we'll see I guess.

I've come around on this cole shit after a few more spins btw, it's not terrible, it's not amazing to me. It's better than sinner and you can't fault the dude's hustle.
Wet Dreamz tho, nah.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
cam1st-boxset.jpg

Cam'Ron - 1st of The Month Box Set stream; it's a compilation of all the EPs released over the last 6 months. For the moooooose few people who care.

Rae Sremmurd - Up Like Trump. ANOTHER BANGER. fffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

Ghostface Killah ft. Kandace Springs - Love Don't Live Here No More video. Dope, very well made video.

Tink - Around the Clock video.

Wu Block - Wu Block Biznez. zzz zzz zzzzz

You should, as it's another nail in the coffin of radio and the traditional music industry. A rap album nearly going gold in a week without a manufactured single, or a single of any type, little to no mainstream marketing...just the fans supporting their favorite artist. Very damn impressive regardless of what you think of Cole.

Meanwhile Nicki Minaj had a top 5 single with 300mil+ views on youtube and won't even get to 400k records sold in two years, more than likely. Iggy still hasn't gotten close to gold.
Radio isn't going anywhere because the top 1% does well after the radio helped them get to that point.

CoolOff

I need something to replace MKL with on my top 10, can't have that. The Mike Will-tape doesn't qualify right?

Still need to listen to Fazoland, The Neighborhood is currently on the top 10 just because of Herbs verse.

IrishNinja

cole used radio to get big, radio will use this album and still be around after cole...it's nice to think that way PD but cole is not the hero you deserver

I remember back in the day there used to be a whole section on his Wikipedia page devoted to all of his random-ass products and endorsements

damn, see i didn't even know about the YT channel so that page would be crazy today

so have we have come to terms on The Blueprint vs The Pinkprint yet

anybody wanna weigh in on that

both >> KRS /souljahmode

ole sold 361,120 copies first week. Huge W and quite a statement tbh.

that statement is except mediocrity brehs

who cares

also this

My dog has stomach cancer brehs, the fuk... she's like 6 years old.

damn, really sorry to hear this man. my guy's just 4 now & i don't know what i'd do.

overcast

My dog has stomach cancer brehs, the fuk... she's like 6 years old.
Fuck, sorry man :[

I am not giving TDE L of the year only cause Q sold well and Cilvia was great, otherwise as a fan they had a bad year. Really bad. Kendrick even close to L of the year, personally. He's still too successful though.

IrishNinja

all this critical positivity around The Pinkprint is absolutely baffling..

i'm skmimming but that first one felt like an onion piece, and the last one sounds like it's bigger on the concept than execution

which i guess is fine but pills & potions, anaconda and presumably some low-level BOW DOWN BITCHES doesn't really paint an exciting picture

DominoKid

i'm skmimming but that first one felt like an onion piece, and the last one sounds like it's bigger on the concept than execution

which i guess is fine but pills & potions, anaconda and presumably some low-level BOW DOWN BITCHES doesn't really paint an exciting picture
all that shit reads like onion pieces. i guess given the choice between Iggy and Nicki as the leading rap female voice, Nicki doesn't seem so bad.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fabolous on The Breakfast Club. Great interview. Lots of info:

- Fab is with Roc Nation now (I assume management because they mention Def Jam at the end)
- Talks about why he doesn't and does get mentioned in Top NYC lists, and I feel like he is completely right about him being left out usually until people remember a verse or song or something
- Speaks about sample clearances and stuff, later even crazier stuff like getting Kevin Hart to re-do recordings, getting appearances in the videos for songs cleared, then getting the people who made the video cleared, etc.
- Sheds a bit of light on the Drake/Diddy situation. Says he heard that Drake put out a song they both had before Diddy, and that song was made in one of Diddy's sessions and I guess was supposed to be his. This better not be over one of those trash 6 God songs.
- Talks about the first time he saw Ray J after the infamous money team shit, says they were tryna have a Farrakhan sit down type shit and he was like stop calling my phone lmao
- Addresses people saying he should be bigger than he ended up
- Talks rolling out albums then vs. now, they discuss the purpose of putting out free music nowadays

DominoKid

Noz Top 50 Rap Songs of the Year (Young Thug Invitational Edition)

*links to all 50 tracks on his blog*

Top 20
1. Young Thug f/ Rich Homie Quan – “Lifestyle” (London On Da Track)
2. Metro Thuggin – “The Blanguage” (Metro Boomin)
3. T.I. f/ Young Thug – “About The Money” (London On Da Track)
4. Rich Homie Quan f/ Young Thug – “Freestyle” (Goose)
5. Rich Gang f/ Birdman, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan – “Flava” (London On Da Track)
6. Chief Keef – “Sosa Style” (DPBeatz)
7. YG f/ Charley Hood, Reem Riches, RJ, Slim 400 & TeeCee – “When I Was Gone” (DJ Mustard)
8. Common f/ Lil Herb – “The Neighborhood” (No ID)
9. Kevin Gates – “Posed To Be In Love” (Go Grizzly)
10. Rae Sremmurd – “No Type” (Mike Will Made It)
11. Vince Staples – “Progressive 3” (DJ Babu & Evidence)
12. Lil Boosie – “I’m Wit Ya” (??)
13. Future f/ Andre 3000 – “Benz Friendz” (Mr. DJ)
14. Shy Glizzy – “Awwsome” (EA Glizzy)
15. Yowda f/ YG – “That’s How It Goes” (Pyro)
16. Nicki Minaj – “Four Door Aventador” (Parker)
17. Kendrick Lamar – “i” (Rahki)
18. Migos – “Freak No More” (C-Note)
19. Lil B – “No Black Person Is Ugly” (??)
20. Lil Herb f/ Lil Reese – “On My Soul” (Da Internz)

nas is so in tune with the soulja girls with that list (except for i). then why does he pick such shitty beats for his albums?

just send alchemist or fraud over to him already.

i wonder if thugga will throw some hooks his way.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Top 20
5. Rich Gang f/ Birdman, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan – “Flava” (London On Da Track)
7. YG f/ Charley Hood, Reem Riches, RJ, Slim 400 & TeeCee – “When I Was Gone” (DJ Mustard)
Shitty list, why is "i" even there? Also why is The Blanguage that low?

this is nonsense

Diddy sat on the 0 to 100 beat, Drake took it from Bo1-Wonda, made 0 to 100 and Diddy went mad
Source?

Top 20

This is a pretty damn good list. I don't agree with all the positions, but majority of my top 10 songs of the year is within the top 50. Not seeing how this is a shit list

Esch

Banned
Noz is super insightful and funny but he has the taste of a perpetual 21 year old. He's one of those dudes who's never going to take a look at what's out today and go
dUlMFSY.png

Like 30 year olds on the coli in threads about future.

Fuck the Pakistani Taliban brehs

Shoutout to the Combat Jack show podcast. Pete is too funny, dude consistently makes me laugh, specially when he makes fun of Jack for the clothes he used to wear

"Turtlenecks, bicycle singlets, leather vests"

Lmao

also i hadn't actually listened to Lifestyle before clicking the link in that list...what the fuck am i listening to
debatable whether i'd rather listen to that or Rae Sremmurd

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Kendrick to debut his career shift into slam poetry and attending art history courses at Pratt Institute. He'll be bunking at Soulo's crib for the best college experience of ramen and schwaggy weed while being lectured about the man and how he's keeping you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom