• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Wouldn't it be cool if Jay Electronica let the album go before the year is out? That would be cool. I'd like that. I think I'd like that.

ESGN and BFK are both better than Pinata. I've said this before.

Hell, Deuces and Still Livin 2 > all of Pinata

I don't feel this strongly, but I won't dismiss the sentiment either. Revisiting Pinata for my AOTY list has exposed it a bit. I've said before that it lacked those tracks that I just couldn't stop playing from BFK and ESGN, and I still feel the same way now, maybe more so. I like the harder edged + melodic mixture aspect of Gibbs, and you can't really do that style on a Madlib beat.

It's still top 5, probably top 3, but it's been dethroned

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
yeah this is the best rap site on the internet. KTT is basically a diarrhea volcano but I feel like Cole doesn't have a lot of fans out here. But this fuckin album grows on you hard.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
For sure.

I'm getting old but I still try to stay on top of shit. Thirty in a couple years. My life is almost over but still staying strong.

Tokubetsu

For sure.

I'm getting old but I still try to stay on top of shit. Thirty in a couple years. My life is almost over but still staying strong.

your life is over when it's over man, as long as you're hitting the marks you want to be hitting fuck that age bullshit. Never stop learning, never say it's too late. Live your life and love it a lot.

I don't feel this strongly, but I won't dismiss the sentiment either. Revisiting Pinata for my AOTY list has exposed it a bit. I've said before that it lacked those tracks that I just couldn't stop playing from BFK and ESGN, and I still feel the same way now, maybe more so. I like the harder edged + melodic mixture aspect of Gibbs, and you can't really do that style on a Madlib beat.

Toku and net wrecker my dawgs. Like when are yall wrong about something?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Snuggles. You're in your 20s. You're not even to the age where anybody gives a shit what you say about anything. You're only old to like, 14 year olds.

CRS

I'm almost done with my twenties. All I really care about is my kid, as far away as he may be.

It's hard to feel in touch with someone so far away.

https://soundcloud.com/kingsnug/sets/life

chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

Nibel

Never would have thought that a randomly released D'Angelo album might be one of the best this year; fucking amazing music

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Ransom might be the most extensive collection of garbage as fuck barely tolerable verses ever put on one album. Way to ruin generic but enjoyable production mikewill. It's like he purposefully collected every rapper I can't fucking stand and was like "come drop an off beat verse where you 'rap' about the same old boring bullshit because that will give something for siddx to be all angry man yells at cloud about."

I've been thinking...I feel like Kendrick scrapped an album. The little we knew about the album previously seems drastically different from what we know now. During the summer it sounded like Kendrick was dropping an album in a similar lane as GKMC but more up beat. DJ Mustard said Kendrick was now doing the type of music he does, that Black Mamba track was described as an 808s banger, and Kendrick's behavior seemed quite aggressive - direct shots at Drake, for instance. In short I think he was going to drop a dark album full of shit talking, with some storytelling woven in. Basically his "reach for the crown" album, if you will.

Next thing you know we hear he doesn't want 808s, and is working with Thundercat and other hyper musicians. Organic, uptempo neosoul shit. Should be interesting but I wonder what changed his direction, assuming I'm right.

Wah wah you just don't like it because it doesn't have 808s

WanderingWind

I've been thinking...I feel like Kendrick scrapped an album. The little we knew about the album previously seems drastically different from what we know now. During the summer it sounded like Kendrick was dropping an album in a similar lane as GKMC but more up beat. DJ Mustard said Kendrick was now doing the type of music he does, that Black Mamba track was described as an 808s banger, and Kendrick's behavior seemed quite aggressive - direct shots at Drake, for instance. In short I think he was going to drop a dark album full of shit talking, with some storytelling woven in. Basically his "reach for the crown" album, if you will.

Next thing you know we hear he doesn't want 808s, and is working with Thundercat and other hyper musicians. Organic, uptempo neosoul shit. Should be interesting but I wonder what changed his direction, assuming I'm right.

We already know.

So what you're saying is.. It's Alive will never be released.

Run the Jewels 2 just isn’t hitting for me… YET! I tried it again in the gym this morning and it failed to impact me as an outstanding album. No, I didn’t listen to it consciously looking for flaws, just throw it on. It failed to grab me.
Production was good. Most of the lyrics were basic but well put together yet too structured. The subject matter was all over the place, like “WTF are they talking about?” This all may well be RTJ style, don’t know… I’m going to listen to it again, but it didn’t strike me as AOTY material. I’m yet to see what people see in RTJ 2, may a couple more listens.

“I fall back if the casting calls are ending in semen” was a dope line.

Run the Jewels 2 just isn’t hitting for me… YET! I tried it again in the gym this morning and it failed to impact me as an outstanding album. No, I didn’t listen to it consciously looking for flaws, just throw it on. It failed to grab me.
Production was good. Most of the lyrics were basic but well put together yet too structured. The subject matter was all over the place, like “WTF are they talking about?” This all may well be RTJ style, don’t know… I’m going to listen to it again, but it didn’t strike me as AOTY material. I’m yet to see what people see in RTJ 2, may a couple more listens.

“I fall back if the casting calls are ending in semen” was a dope line.

It could be it's just not your thing. Nothing wrong with that.
There is something horribly wrong with that.

It could be it's just not your thing. Nothing wrong with that.
There is something horribly wrong with that.

Another thing... I don't believe RTJ, they are just saying things; As if their thought process is "lets just put this out in the universe because it sounds good." contrived to a certain extent.

WanderingWind

Another thing... I don't believe RTJ, they are just saying things; As if their thought process is "lets just put this out in the universe because it sounds good." contrived to a certain extent.

Well, yes, musicians are making music they think sounds good.

PBY

Banned
Ransom might be the most extensive collection of garbage as fuck barely tolerable verses ever put on one album. Way to ruin generic but enjoyable production mikewill. It's like he purposefully collected every rapper I can't fucking stand and was like "come drop an off beat verse where you 'rap' about the same old boring bullshit because that will give something for siddx to be all angry man yells at cloud about."
Yeah. I usually love shit like this- see rich gang and all the random trap tapes I fuck with- but ransom didn't hit me like at all.

overcast

Interesting thought. Seems very possible. The sound we're getting for this album isn't what I was thinking about 6-8 months ago, that's for sure. Thing is, surely he's got to make an attempt at some form of a "banger" or something right?

Neosoul won't sell records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom