• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thought. Seems very possible. The sound we're getting for this album isn't what I was thinking about 6-8 months ago, that's for sure. Thing is, surely he's got to make an attempt at some form of a "banger" or something right?

Neosoul won't sell records.

If it's good it will

PBY

Banned
Kendrick will be fine. If Cole can sell 360k without a single, Kendrick can come close with singles that don't get airplay. The difference of course will be that Kendrick won't have holiday sales. Cole will be gold before New Years.
Cole won 2014 with a half decent album.

What a garbo year for blockbuster rap brehs.

Thing is, surely he's got to make an attempt at some form of a "banger" or something right?

Kendrick has the luxury of doing (...and should do) a Quick Strike similar to D'angelo and The Vanguards, J. Cole, Azalea Banks and Beyoncé . Just drop! Putting something out too early will allow too many people to doubt (without reason) his entire album prior to it releasing.

QS album drops can work well for well-known artist of the past and present.

Esch

Banned
starting to see parallels between hypebeasts and gamers

iwy3tBzJrTBDs.gif

DominoKid

Action figures?

Anyway that shit is the cornerstone of Nike/Jordan business strategy and thats one of the main reason I my foray into the sneakerhead thing only lasted like 18 months. That and Nike adopting reseller price levels as their new retail standard.

studyguy

Can't believe the gaming side is super into this amibo shyt.

I got my little cousin all those Spyro... Skyrealm? Skycrawlers? What the fuck was that called? Sky something figurines for Christmas once. The kids fucking love them.

I'm sure some of these dudes are just as bad with Amibros. Shit prob prints money for pennies worth of work on Nintendo's part. I don't figurine collection.

overcast

Can't believe the gaming side is super into this amibo shyt.
Eh. It's not that bad, I can see why it's fun. I don't think owning all of them is necessary, but having a few of your favorite characters is fine. Some people go way the fuck overboard.

I don't own Amiibo, but I have some Futurama KidRobot's.

Cheddahz

Banned
The action figure shit for gaming right now is hilarious to watch. I see people I went to high school with bragging on Facebook about how they found the last Amiibo of a rare one at a store near them and going to stores and seeing kids complain to their parents how they already have that one or "need this one ASAP". I mean, Nintendo (and Activision and Disney) are probably making a fortune off of that shit, so more power to them

Fuck Activision though for turning Spyro into a little demon shit head

Esch

Banned
I never cared for Fashawn like that.

I need man like Elzhi to drop another solo though. Feels like I haven't heard a peep from this guy since that flabmatic tribute album.

studyguy

Man, you ever write one of those papers you know is garbage.

Yeesh, I hated that.

Hand that shit to your prof with a straight face.
Check it towards the middle part of my studies I had such a high grade that I didn't need to take the final and the dude was insistent that we do it. It was meant to be a powerpoint presentation on statistics using GRETL of all things. I went up and drew some shit on a white board talked for like 10 minutes and sat down. Fuck that dude, still got an A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom