• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Not an L forreal dude got some heat.

giphy.gif

yup

Courage

Kush & OJ was the only project of his I liked. Everything else ranged from meh (Rolling Papers) to garbage (Blacc Hollywood).

HiResDes

Kush & OJ was the only project of his I liked. Everything else ranged from meh (Rolling Papers) to garbage (Blacc Hollywood).
Rather listen to Wiz than Taylor Swift or Eminem that's for sure.

Mixtape Wiz was fire. If you haven't heard Flight School don't speak on the matter.

sooo less than a month to go and there isn't a video for the new Wu album, no tour plans, nothing but some wack single cover that looks like Wahmed from 45th Street did it for $20.

Man... this 2000s era rap style really sucked. Hits home listening to this now. And I loved Em.

Like.... I dunno, they weren't making songs. It was just rappity rapping over shitty loops. Super dated.

Its aite, but it aint ralph doe

just like the new album lol
still takes you back though

Go to Sleep is still so damn good

edit: some of these songs are really good examples of how beats can make or break a song
like of course that's pretty obvious but I mean especially when it comes to long verses
if a beat goes hard I can listen to the whole verse
the problem with SHADY VX for example is that the beats are so goddamn wack on some of those tracks that it doesn't matter how good or short or long the verses are, the song as a whole just becomes unlistenable

One of eminem's biggest problems is that he raps over quite a few wack beats

yea like i don't know what happened but the change is pretty jarring
like some of these beats are pretty good to go in over and he does
fast forward to the past two years especially and it's like wtf

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

kamspy

Yeah, I think the only reason why Blackout works so well was because it was impecable timing on Meth and Reds part. That album is literally striking while the iron was hot. They had amazing chemistry and were running in and out of each other's circles for a few years already at that point.

Also sequel albums are almost always gonna suck.

Cosigned. Also, Erick Sermon was a fucking monster on the boards in that era. Docs Da Name. El Nino, Malpractice, Blackout 1.

kamspy

Esch had me feeling like the soljagirls might be my own spilled seed from deeds done in my late teen years. I have a responsibility.

Cheddahz

Banned
Good. No lie that video kinda gives me pedo vibes. The way he looks through the gate...I'm pretty sure he's on the outskirts of a school zone.

He was probably looking at what the school was serving for lunch that day

or it could be his next single and it's gonna be re-released with a music video with him eating the Wednesday Special

PD did too.

People would be like this shit slaps if KRIT made the exact same album as Scotty. It's quite traditional, but super well made.
Nah, I don't think so. It's a cool tape but it really has no highs or lows for the matter? I would say pretty well rounded, but tape just doesn't have that one song for me. Krit nowadays have a lot of lows but I can go in with the expectation that there will be that one song that hits my heart and makes me want to keep it on repeat.

Is whoo kid all over that mixtape?

I was gonna get it just to grab some classic 59 songs like Gunz come out or some Cheers era Obie.

But if that Jackass is dropping on it I'll pass.

I'll never forgive that lame "let's rewind after 40 seconds and play the song over" bullshit he always used to do on mixtapes.

Fuck Whoo kid

I was gonna get it just to grab some classic 59 songs like Gunz come out or some Cheers era Obie.

I'll never forgive that lame "let's rewind after 40 seconds and play the song over" bullshit he always used to do on mixtapes.

Fuck Whoo kid

you hear his "whooooo kiiiiid" a handful of times but mostly it's just Eminem hosting

enjoyable mixtape though
got a lot of those old diss songs that I'm particularly fond of

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Fuck Whoo kid
TBH I don't even know why DJ drops still exist in 2014.

Have the confused look when Drama and others talk about how his mixtapes are still revered today. Drama is one of the most abusive too. I guess for him it's okay because he works stuff in Atlanta where people will listen to anything.

TBH I don't even know why DJ drops still exist in 2014.

Have the confused look when Drama and others talk about how his mixtapes are still revered today. Drama is one of the most abusive too. I guess for him it's okay because he works stuff in Atlanta where people will listen to anything.
I can't listen to DJ drops, they're so annoying. Completely puts me off a song.

Especially songs that don't get studio releases. I'm not listening to J-love every 30 seconds on a Mobb Deep mixtape.

Cheddahz

Banned
I have to wait for a No DJ version of a mixtape to pop up (if it ever does pop up) to listen to a mixtape nowadays (kinda the reason why it took me a while to listen to 'Welcome to Fazoland")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom