• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

TBH I don't even know why DJ drops still exist in 2014.

Have the confused look when Drama and others talk about how his mixtapes are still revered today. Drama is one of the most abusive too. I guess for him it's okay because he works stuff in Atlanta where people will listen to anything.

I'm probably the only person ITT that likes DJ drops. What I don't like is all the track rewinding DJs do.

That Drama cosign will still go a long way as far as getting attention for a rapper and the quality of features they can get.

Cheddahz

Banned
I M I N L O V E W I T H T H E C O C O

tumblr_my6uxjoECB1r96br0o1_500.jpg

Esch

Banned
I'm probably the only person ITT that likes DJ drops. What I don't like is all the track rewinding DJs do.

That Drama cosign will still go a long way as far as getting attention for a rapper and the quality of features they can get.
I think they're alright but there's an art to that. You gotta keep them nice and short. Too many too long it's awful.

This dude's taste in rap music is about exactly what I expected from earlier this year when someone posted a list of best female rappers and he tried to get rid of all female rappers that remotely talked about sex for all these "inspiring" female rapper. Some of those tapes are good though

Nowadays it's rare I like them but sometimes they add to the hype of the track and so does the track rewinding, but again rare

Esch

Banned
This dude's taste in rap music is about exactly what I expected from earlier this year when someone posted a list of best female rappers and he tried to get rid of all female rappers that remotely talked about sex for all these "inspiring" female rapper. Some of those tapes are good though
It's the same guy.

IrishNinja

ya'll aint right

Cosigned. Also, Erick Sermon was a fucking monster on the boards in that era. Docs Da Name. El Nino, Malpractice, Blackout 1.

co-signed/can't be said enough

also Nujabes...just go chronologically or what?

as a huge stan, pretty much everything but the ristorante (sp?) mixtape is a must-listen for me, but count & co highlighted the big ones for you. don't sleep on fat jon's stuff either, most of the samurai champloo OSTs are a fine intro

shit yeah, bumping now

I'll never forgive that lame "let's rewind after 40 seconds and play the song over" bullshit he always used to do on mixtapes.

Fuck Whoo kid

for real, i had a few of those tapes and id just assume it was straight trolling...rewinding the first few bars? okay, but there's a limit

all i know is ever since killer mike left geto boys shit aint been the same brehs

IrishNinja

sup Solis

also i can't stop watching this Vlad interview with Kane one of ya'll linked earlier, id love to see more like it - this '89 Rakim battle not happening makes me sad though

Cheddahz

Banned
guys, that new dragon ball z movie was dope. wish i knew it was playing in the theater thirty minutes away from me whenever it was showing, cause it would had been worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom