• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

bfwlusp.png

Q concert was turnt. Got to the very front. Concert was first 19+ but it probably didn't sell enough tickets so they switched it to all ages and well..

surrounded by straight
kttcolisitdown
. Likkle thots that don't even look a day over 13. How they know Q?

Almost got pulled into a Jane/Finch thing with niggas going crazy and I'm just like
whoamjvzoz8.gif

Q was a good performer. Dude was probably high/drunk but he played every song with tons of energy and hit all the lyrics.

..so there was this gyal in a pink ting in the VIP.. she was winin in front of the stage girl was a solid 12/10. foine. While Q is performing, he gives her dap and shit..next thing I know she's on stage and they lookin at each other and chit

I wanna be a rapper so bad rn
kttcoliwow

DominoKid

I wish a white person made this song so people could realize how much of a parody it sounds like. Fuck that shit.

I heard it on the radio today, proceeded by Move That Dope. No dusto but I'm getting pretty disgusted by the radio. I like the melodies on many popping tracks but the content is so brain dead and repetitive. And dudes have the audacity to not only roll their eyes at positive songs, but insinuate they're for white people. Fuckouttahere.

A whole summer of dudes getting murked by the police and the radio has been 100% turn up or trap shit. smh

The strings are just too obvious for me to ever really be bothered by the content. It's hard for me to get how folks can take that shit at what they see/hear when its just nothing but a bunch of entertaining ducktales.

I mean should we feel guilty that we listen to, enjoy and promote that shit even though we all obviously know better? If so then I don't. I'm sure some folks would say we part of the problem though.

Esch

Banned
You ended up being at a show where the average age is 15 because that's Q's level and audience. He makes music for 15 year olds.

HiResDes

Reposting this, because I think it's pretty cool now...

If you're ever stuck somewhere and you want to listen to some hip-hop I made this boom bap playlist that's pretty tight made up of newer music with that classic hip-hop feel.

Playlist

Member876

Banned
Is there anything similar to Deltron 3030 out there? I'm crazy about this album and I want to find something similar. I guess I can always buy Event 2 but going by reviews it's not at same level as Deltron 3030.

IrishNinja

PD if you wanna talk bout police murking shit you know Killer Mike is your non-corny go to, not much else worth hearing on that subject at the moment fam

PS which if you clowns wanted to be added on WU network? trapL0rd or some shit, im drunk & forget

You ended up being at a show where the average age is 15 because that's Q's level and audience. He makes music for 15 year olds.

rap music: by kids, for kids TM

Is there anything similar to Deltron 3030 out there? I'm crazy about this album and I want to find something similar. I guess I can always buy Event 2 but going by reviews it's not at same level as Deltron 3030.

oh for sure, i could list other overrated underground projects no doubt

i dunno why, i fucks with del but could never cotton to Deltron #sorrynotsorryetc

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Off to do a 5k night run with a party dj'd by lil Jon at the finish line. I better hear some ying yang twins tonight, imma be pissed if he does nothing but EDM.

CRS

Off to do a 5k night run with a party dj'd by lil Jon at the finish line. I better hear some ying yang twins tonight, imma be pissed if he does nothing but EDM.

This better be played or that shit is a bust. Oh and good luck on the run.

What the fuck?

This happens a lot at concerts for me. Usually just those girls who look like they can be 17-19 and I'm just like
whoamjvzoz8.gif
Nah, there was no chance some of these girls were 17-19. Looking like 12-15 tbh.

There were obviously tons of grown as people, but can't forget about the teeny boppers.

Also I swear almost all Toronto openers rap about the same shit.

mooooose

First time I heard OT Genasis was on this remix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNfIFqr5AuA and I thought he was ok. I don't really get CoCo or Hot Nigga for that matter.
I wish a white person made this song so people could realize how much of a parody it sounds like. Fuck that shit.

I heard it on the radio today, proceeded by Move That Dope. No dusto but I'm getting pretty disgusted by the radio. I like the melodies on many popping tracks but the content is so brain dead and repetitive. And dudes have the audacity to not only roll their eyes at positive songs, but insinuate they're for white people. Fuckouttahere.

A whole summer of dudes getting murked by the police and the radio has been 100% turn up or trap shit. smh
Word, but I think Move That Dope is fire lol.

DominoKid

When is Rocky's album dropping again? He needs to drop something they can actually play on the radio. Multiply a banger and a great vid but he needs another Fuckin Problems.

The strings are just too obvious for me to ever really be bothered by the content. It's hard for me to get how folks can take that shit at what they see/hear when its just nothing but a bunch of entertaining ducktales.

I mean should we feel guilty that we listen to, enjoy and promote that shit even though we all obviously know better? If so then I don't. I'm sure some folks would say we part of the problem though.
A lot of people think this shit is real though. I'm too old to pretend like this stuff doesn't have a negative impact: it's straight up reinforcing stereotypes 24/7. I know there will never be a 50/50 balance but jeez, some thematic diversity would be nice.

Brehs my 15yo cousin told me she feels like shit because everything on the radio is about fine light skin chicks, and she's dark skinned. I barely knew what to say to that. She's 15, could probably pass for 18 physically (stay away, Count), not an ugly girl at all yet hears slick shit about dark girls all the time from Wayne and others - then goes to school and hears the same things.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Reposting this, because I think it's pretty cool now...

If you're ever stuck somewhere and you want to listen to some hip-hop I made this boom bap playlist that's pretty tight made up of newer music with that classic hip-hop feel.

Playlist

Hey, just so you didn't think you posted this in vain, this is a dope mix. We been missing Ace mixes and this is some good ass shit to chill to. I hope you find a big booty girl tonight that loves to cook.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
A lot of people think this shit is real though. I'm too old to pretend like this stuff doesn't have a negative impact: it's straight up reinforcing stereotypes 24/7. I know there will never be a 50/50 balance but jeez, some thematic diversity would be nice.

Brehs my 15yo cousin told me she feels like shit because everything on the radio is about fine light skin chicks, and she's dark skinned. I barely knew what to say to that. She's 15, could probably pass for 18 physically (stay away, Count), not an ugly girl at all yet hears slick shit about dark girls all the time from Wayne and others - then goes to school and hears the same things.

Yeah I kinda hate that some aspects of rap have begun to bother me in recent years. I used to be the guy who thought the more ignorant the better and the more it upset people the happier it made me. While I still enjoy that aspect of hip hop to some degree, I I have become more prone to getting irritated with stuff that just straight up promotes being a loser piece of shit who does nothing but take and destroy. There's this hard to distinguish line between entertainment and just being an asshole who revels in being a stain on humanity and while I still cant adequately define it in words yet, there are definitely songs I hear where I not only don't respect the artist, I legitimately despise him for the things being said and image being promoted.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah I kinda hate that some aspects of rap have begun to bother me in recent years. I used to be the guy who thought the more ignorant the better and the more it upset people the happier it made me. While I still enjoy that aspect of hip hop to some degree, I I have become more prone to getting irritated with stuff that just straight up promotes being a loser piece of shit who does nothing but take and destroy. There's this hard to distinguish line between entertainment and just being an asshole who revels in being a stain on humanity and while I still cant adequately define it in words yet, there are definitely songs I hear where I not only don't respect the artist, I legitimately despise him for the things being said and image being promoted.

This is why people used to protest rap when we laughed. We're just getting old, guys. There is something to said about the ballast being gone, that sort of more conscious rap lane that has existed on the fringes of popular rap, but we see why that's gone everyday. Anybody who makes a song that is even remotely in that lane is now automatically labeled a cornball. There is no new Roots, or hell, even a new Nas. They're still sort of doing their thing, but nobody young gives a shit about them. They have nobody to sort of grow up with, if that makes any sense.

So, yeah, I've been noticing this feeling too, but I recognize that it's always been that way. I mean, shit, a rapper who made songs about rapping and killing his mom and quasi-wife wouldn't make be the top rapper in the game today, so in some respects shit like this has gotten better.

tl;dr: it's two paragraphs, read it motherfucker.

One of the things that really rustled my jimmies this year was the Chris Brown Loyal video, with its blatant e-cigarette advertising. Or the No Flex Zone video promoting lean. I don't want to sound old but jesus, gtfo with that shit. Not to mention how casual molly has become.

overcast

That video is fucking dope. I don't understand if what she said was a diss on it of if you don't agree that it is rad.

The Internet is a confusing place.
I agree it's rad, but Rebecca Black saying it is weird as hell lmao.
Nah, there was no chance some of these girls were 17-19. Looking like 12-15 tbh.

There were obviously tons of grown as people, but can't forget about the teeny boppers.
Oh shit, well I don't know if I've seen that.
One of the things that really rustled my jimmies this year was the Chris Brown Loyal video, with its blatant e-cigarette advertising. Or the No Flex Zone video promoting lean. I don't want to sound old but jesus, gtfo with that shit. Not to mention how casual molly has become.
Havent drugs always been marketed to the youth? I mean, I won't lie, my generation doesn't give a fuck about how many drug/alcohol binges they go on it seems. I think that goes for every group age 17-24. I'm not sure I find it that offensive in general because it's so prevalent across all the cultures at that age.

HiResDes

Molly has always been a casual drug even when it was called ecstasy... It's just now it's more acceptable in black community. And honestly it's not very dangerous as long as you stay hydrated. E-cigs are probably pretty harmful, but less so than cigarettes and they don't really have any sort opiate on the populace so I don't give a fuck if they become popular. It's just weird that you'd focus on these pretty light drugs and gloss over the blatant sexism in Loyal for example. I truly don't understand how these seemingly minute things are rustling your jimmies. Do you work for DARE now or something breh? Rap is always going to encourage vices. Not everybody wants to hear that sober Chamillionaire bullshit all the time.

MoodyFog

this doesn't excuse the behavior though

edit: promotion, behavior's the wrong word to use here

It doesn't, but what I mean is there's nothing to be done about it.

If shit like that is promoted in so many songs it's simply because it sells, most young people don't want to hear "positive" songs, especially not in rap music

Molly has always been a casual drug even when it was called ecstasy... It's just now it's more acceptable in black community. And honestly it's not very dangerous as long as you stay hydrated. E-cigs are probably pretty harmful, but less so than cigarettes and they don't really have any sort opiate on the populace so I don't give a fuck if they become popular. It's just weird that you'd focus on these pretty light drugs and gloss over the blatant sexism in Loyal for example. I truly don't understand how these seemingly minute things are rustling your jimmies. Do you work for DARE now or something breh? Rap is always going to encourage vices. Not everybody wants to hear that sober Chamillionaire bullshit all the time.

Yea I know. Loyal had other issues but everyone talks about those, I don't see too much talk about the e-cig thing. It just rustled me, bad. And I like that song.

HiResDes

No one cares about e-cig use breh. And honestly they shouldn't. They don't have rehab for e-cigarettes and hookah breh. Ain't no 12 step program for molly. These are not hard drugs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
starting to think that the rome fortune album is gonna crack my top five
Still have to listen to this. I keep forgetting to make a list of shit GAF-Hop hyped or major releases in Q4 to check out. All I can remember is:

Logic
Azealia Banks
Rome Fortune
BLVC GOD II (but it's an instrumental tape so meh)
Some Love Lost
Ross next week
Cole in a few weeks

PBY

Banned
Man... this 2000s era rap style really sucked. Hits home listening to this now. And I loved Em.

Like.... I dunno, they weren't making songs. It was just rappity rapping over shitty loops. Super dated.

Its aite, but it aint ralph doe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom