• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short film 'm.A.A.d.' Will be Exhibited At The Museum of Contemporary Art In Los Angeles For 4 Months

Kahlil Joseph’s double-screen projection m.A.A.d is a lush portrait of contemporary Los Angeles. From barbershops to marching bands, from homeboys drinking in the streets to the iconic carpet of shimmering lights, the camera in m.A.A.d sinuously glides through predominantly African American neighborhoods in Los Angeles catching a dizzying array of quotidian moments suffused with creativity, joy, and sadness. Joseph’s film is accompanied by a thick booming soundtrack provided by emerging hip-hop star Kendrick Lamar and indeed m.A.A.d is part of the title of Lamar’s highly acclaimed second album Good Kid m.A.A.d. City.

fake :(

TDE probably mad about i not getting love. I love the story behind the record but yea...that shit doesn't work. Not a bad record but it's not what they wanted/needed. And honestly I really think the sample is the problem, moreso than the voice or anything else.

Ight so it's called 'Thuggin' by Glasses Malone.

I'm gonna need y'all to spam this nigga right here til he lets us get that full version.

KTT lurkers..do y'all thing.

let
us
eat.
feedme.png

http://www.audiocastle.co/tracks/view/182189-G-Malone-Ft-Kendrick-Lamar-Thuggin-Preview

feedme.png
feedme.png
feedme.png
feedme.png
feedme.png
feedme.png
feedme.png

Pathos

Banned
Fuck that fake account
"i" is just whatever to me like it's not bad but it isn't very good either. i was disappointed when i heard it, so i wish he would release King kunta soon

I wanted to write a piece on comedic rap this year, but out of the three I listen to, only one put out an album this year and that was Weird Al. Rap Is A Joke and Waffle Gang didn't put out any material this year (saw YMCAMG on Joke's site, but that's two years old), if any of ya'll could recommend me one I'd appreciate it.

PBY

Banned
I wanted to write a piece on comedic rap this year, but out of the three I listen to, only one put out an album this year and that was Weird Al. Rap Is A Joke and Waffle Gang didn't put out any material this year (saw YMCAMG on Joke's site, but that's two years old), if any of ya'll could recommend me one I'd appreciate it.
SHADY XV

Thanks for that thread BTW. We talk so much about AAA rap that we forget the little guys. I'm glad someone is out there finding dope shit wherever it is - bandcamp, twitter, etc.

check out

Open Mike Eagle - Dark Comedy

I fell for that.

That was the first M&M album I listened to since Marshall Mathers LP. I did not like it.

Thanks for that thread BTW. We talk so much about AAA rap that we forget the little guys. I'm glad someone is out there finding dope shit wherever it is - bandcamp, twitter, etc.

No problem. I wanted to do it because music in general has become a new passion of mine and have not been able to write anything I enjoyed in quite some time because school keeps getting in the way. I should have been writing the paper, but I needed to do something for myself lately instead of just doing work all the time.

DominoKid

so what's the best trap shit that's come out this year?

i need some new shit to put on my phone for listening in the car.

peter? hrd? anyone? help a breh out.

HiResDes

so what's the best trap shit that's come out this year?

i need some new shit to put on my phone for listening in the car.

peter? hrd? anyone? help a breh out.

Ca$h Out - Kitchens and Choppas
Yung Gleesh - Cleansides Finest 3
Rocko - IGNANT
King Louie - T.O.N.Y.
OG Maco & Key - Give Em Hell
Zuse - Bullet
Kevin Gates - By Any Means
ManManSavage - FreeManManSavage
Cashy - Platinum Plus
Cashy - Priceless
Shy Glizzy - Young Jefe (Has some real lows, but some great highs too)
Father - Young Hot Ebony
Gunplay - Gunplay (NO DJ)

Other albums slept on hella from the past that your probably don't got
Tezo - Work
Gucci Kray Lagoth - Ice Cream & Mac 10s
Key! - Fathersarethecurse
40Thousand - Digital Cocaine
Reese - DSNRTRAPN

...And just because I didn't post the covers don't think I didn't bring the heat on this post.

....You know about the other popular stuff I already know

HiResDes

I didn't like Days Before Rodeo much and Gucci Mane/ Chief Keef doesn't sound appealing to me honestly.

Des, any of those guys as bouncy as Key? Love some of his tapes.

Definitely check out Reese, ManManSavage, Father, and Tezo. You might like Cashy too forreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom