• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pablito

Based on what? The game was a overly linear mess with first gen voice acting and some of the worst characters in the series. It wasn't as bad as say, 13, but it's definitely in the bottom five of the numbered, non-MMOs.

This. Had some of the most annoying sidequests ever, too.

Good soundtrack
Otherworld is ass though
and decent gameplay. All I could take from that game.

Real men can grow stache to beard connections.

Tidy and trimmed.

If your beard is patchy and shitty. Just shave everyday.

Edit: all the final fantasy talk Smh. Same league as anime brehs

Fjordson

damn, that Uncharted 4 gameplay was nice as hell. game still has a year of development left too.

finally listened to a HQ version of 36 Seasons. one of my favorite projects of the year, for sure.
Agreed. Ghost can still bring it.

Sad that I enjoy this infinitely more than an official new Wu-Tang record.

overcast

Uncharted 4 showed off some impressive level design imo. I've always wanted to play those two Schafer games so I'm hyped. I think it was a solid conference. Gaf gets overhyped too often.

E3 is gonna be cool for MS + Sony. Not sure about Nintendo tbh.

watching this UC4 gameplay video and I'm like

0uwQYM5.gif

The fuck are y'all excited about?

More uncharted?

hopefully a multiplayer that is more similar to U2?

Fjordson

Yeah, Naughty Dog games are all incredibly boring to me, doubt UC 4 will be any different. It looked nice, though.

The actual hype news is that Yakuza 5 is getting localized.

Tokubetsu

Uncharted 2 is the best game ND has done since maybe the first Jak. Last of Us is alright but as a fan of cinematic experience I'm tired of cinematic experiences. I'm all about video games just being video games again. Probably why shit Sunset Overdrive and these text story driven pc rpg games feel so refreshing to me.

Game developers need to stop being ashamed of being video game developers.

The Order is gonna be so garbage I can't wait to see Sony Ponies fumble trying to defend that shit. There's more actual gameplay in the forced 15 minute tutorial section of every Gears of War game than in all the Order footage shown so far. Hilarious but you know dat cinematic experience y'all!

IrishNinja

I gave up on Order after waiting forever to see gameplay...did it not look good today? totally gonna catch up on that & UC4 tonight, but i could see it missing pretty easily too

Tokubetsu

I gave up on Order after waiting forever to see gameplay...did it not look good today? totally gonna catch up on that & UC4 tonight, but i could see it missing pretty easily too

It looks exactly like it did a few months ago except maybe the weapons look like they have more weight to them. Still gonna be QTE cinematic central.

Fjordson

I'm interested in the Order for the historical stuff and the atmosphere. Gameplay doesn't look like anything special though. Should be a solid rental.

Esch

Banned
Uncharted 2 is the best game ND has done since maybe the first Jak. Last of Us is alright but as a fan of cinematic experience I'm tired of cinematic experiences. I'm all about video games just being video games again. Probably why shit Sunset Overdrive and these text story driven pc rpg games feel so refreshing to me.

The Order is gonna be so garbage I can't wait to see Sony Ponies fumble trying to defend that shit. There's more actual gameplay in the forced 15 minute tutorial section of every Gears of War game than in all the Order footage shown so far. Hilarious but you know dat cinematic experience y'all!

iJZErHpqVgBPv.gif

injurai

Banned

Insomniac is the best at being a games developer. Honestly It's the one game that makes me want the bone.

Tokubetsu

TLOU's game design is basically hoarders only every few hours they make you expend all those resources because here's a giant room/area full of dudes you gotta get past somehow wink wink. Usually before a character has to die. We gotta stress you out so maybe you'll cry when you're supposed to cry cinematic game design 101.

overcast

TLOU was a fucking blast to play. Stealth sections and combat had great weight to it imo. I haven't played Uncharted 3, 2 was phenomenal though.

Edit: man they're bringing back crispy M&M's. What a life.

Tokubetsu

Not even for the story or characters and decent set pieces? Or something?

It's the thinnest UC game by far. The ship section cheddahz is talking about? glorified tech demo. Like 4-6 chapters of the game that literally have nothing to do with the rest of the story or characters. It's basically Drake having a bad dream. Almost an entire quarter of the game that is out of place.

Weak third act in general too. Lamest last boss etc. After UC2 especially it feels like they rushed into 3 without a clear plan. I'm 100% sure 4 will be better but still.

That was Read Dead Redemption.

j4Jv16l.gif

Cudder

I'm a JRPG noob myself. With the exception being the Pokemon games when I was younger. I tried to get into them earlier this year with a bunch of games. First was Chrono Trigger. Fucking awesome. Then I played Persona 4 Golden and was fucking blown away. Then after that I tried FFX HD for my first FF game, and while it was okay, I stopped playing it for large chunks of time. Still haven't beaten it. I feel like P4G has spoiled me on any and all JRPG's. It was that good to me.

Also still have Chrono Cross to go through. I know most don't like it more than Trigger, but there's a small minority that do. Interested in giving it a go at some point though. Soundtrack is amazing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
told yall this shit is just a fad that gains attraction everynow and then only to fall back into obscurity.

battle rap needs a rapper with something to say.
You would be right if there wasn't a steady linear growth since mid 00s and there wasn't more money and popularity in it now than ever. Even if these one-off events aren't necessarily sustainable.

I get it, you don't like it. It's not for everyone, but don't spread that unfounded dumb shit.

link won't open :(
Refresh it until it works.

You also missed a crazy Kingdom Hearts line lol

You would be right if there wasn't a steady linear growth since mid 00s and there wasn't more money and popularity in it now than ever. Even if these one-off events aren't necessarily sustainable.

I get it, you don't like it. It's not for everyone, but don't spread that unfounded dumb shit.

Refresh it until it works.

You also missed a crazy Kingdom Hearts line lol

FUCK

..shit won't open breh. I keep refreshing and nada

Esch

Banned
I see this and go "cool how are they gonna automate this?"

"How can we automate this?"

"Better put a checkpoint before this"

"There are too many enemies"

"Not enough invincibility frames?"

"Maybe we can just replace this with a cutscene?"

NsARqvd.png

I see this and go "cool how are they gonna automate this?"

I really like how much movement was involved in the firefights on that demo but when it came down to the shooting it was still the same old mediocre uncharted gunplay

Week one game for me for sure but these are never that satisfying to play when you get to the shootouts

Oh and Chloe >>>> Elena

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
nothings opening on that page

fuck battle rap
Too much traffic, keep trying the main link or just search twitter for #ether stream for alts. These sites are never ready for the demand and it looks like it's gone up like 200k subs from the last big battle rap PPV event.

You're not missing anything, the card is pretty shit in my opinion, I'm only really here to see Dizaster clown Cassidy for doing Condom Style and Daylyt/Serius Jones (Daylyt came dressed as Bill Cosby apparently lmfao I can't wait to hear how he flips that).

We just had a shitty performance by some busted looking female rapper who forgot her lyrics and got booed out of the bitch, followed by this battle with some Young Thugger looking motherfucker with a nose ring. And the audio and stream is all fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom