• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

That story is super fucked up though. Reminds me, last year at my school some dude was Skyping with his girl only to see someone break into her place and strangle her to death right in front of him. I'd be scarred for life watching anyone I know get murdered live.

the fuck?

Esch

Banned
PD out here unironically stanning for Wet Dreamz?

iFXWhtL8CXpFi.gif

mooooose

It's just weird because Nicki was pretty hood at one point. I remember her popping on NY mixtapes before she changed her image and I always thought of her in the lane of like Remy Ma as a female rapper. Nicki's low key really good, even as a pop artist. People WILL look back on her fondly.

Esch

Banned
It's just weird because Nicki was pretty hood at one point. I remember her popping on NY mixtapes before she changed her image and I always thought of her in the lane of like Remy Ma as a female rapper. Nicki's low key really good, even as a pop artist. People WILL look back on her fondly.

She'll be looked back on the same way Kim and Foxy are; not for their content but their image.

Kwixotik

I'm not saying she doesn't have potential. She has real talent. But then she goes and squanders it on Stupid Hoe and ASS ASS ASS ASS

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nicki has talent, I agree, and she will be looked back at super fondly for popping off in the social media era. She has crafted her image pretty damn well.

This album.. I don't know. It feels like there's no marketing and the singles didn't really pop like that.

Nicki has talent, I agree, and she will be looked back at super fondly for popping off in the social media era. She has crafted her image pretty damn well.

This album.. I don't know. It feels like there's no marketing and the singles didn't really pop like that.

yeah her singles from the last album were way bigger on the radio.

overcast

Well Nicki's fanbase is insane. Based of the few I've talked to. I don't believe she has a ton of talent, cause wtf does that mean if your music you're putting out is pretty shit.

I mean she has some hits and she's huge culturally so she'll sell. Anaconda was big(?)

Well Nicki's fanbase is insane. Based of the few I've talked to. I don't believe she has a ton of talent, cause wtf does that mean if your music you're putting out is pretty shit.

I mean she has some hits and she's huge culturally so she'll sell. Anaconda was big(?)

she can spit. i think if she put out a few mixtapes instead of just being this calculated pop-artist she'd have a bigger fanbase around here.

DominoKid

nah people will remember that she was entertaining and she had a big fat ass. that's about it. any chance at people remembering her for actual talent is long gone.

overcast

she can spit. i think if she put out a few mixtapes instead of just being this calculated pop-artist she'd have a bigger fanbase around here.
I mean, I've heard her do okay. But it doesn't mean anything cause she has put out what she has. I won't call her talented at this point. She's better than Iggy for sure, but she's even pretty bad as a pop artist imo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
She's got the maths down pact tho

That's what will keep her in the history books. Then people can cite the Monster verse and argue she can spit until the end of time.

Esch

Banned
Who cares whether you can spit if the shit you're spitting is consistently banal, tone-deaf, and even kinda annoying?

She'll be looked back on the same way Kim and Foxy are; not for their content but their image.

side note but it's crazy how people don't mention Kim when they talk about "real niccas." Did her time in prison, didn't say a peep when she could have easily taken a plea deal and took people down. No wonder Diddy still shows her love.

But yea, it really seems like female rapper roles revolve around having a short term run as "the Queen" (Kim, Foxy, Eve, Nicki) until the younger more beautiful chick knocks you off, on some Maggy The Frog shit. Shit is lame.

mooooose

By most people but she will always have a few verses like Monster.
side note but it's crazy how people don't mention Kim when they talk about "real niccas." Did her time in prison, didn't say a peep when she could have easily taken a plea deal and took people down. No wonder Diddy still shows her love.

But yea, it really seems like female rapper roles revolve around having a short term run as "the Queen" (Kim, Foxy, Eve, Nicki) until the younger more beautiful chick knocks you off, on some Maggy The Frog shit. Shit is lame.
I think Nicki will make it. Cash Money has good brand management. Wayne, Drake, and Nicki are all huge.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wonder if hip-hop will ever or could ever sustain a "good-girl" imaged rapper. Just thinking about the way a lot of female pop artists blow up (and Taylor Swift in particular) over that kind of thing... and I feel hip-hop is culturally relevant that it might be possible.

It's kind of crazy that nowadays pretty much any male rapper can pop off with one song, but as soon as a female rapper does she's at war with every other female in the industry.

Kwixotik

I wonder if hip-hop will ever or could ever sustain a "good-girl" imaged rapper. Just thinking about the way a lot of female pop artists blow up (and Taylor Swift in particular) over that kind of thing... and I feel hip-hop is culturally relevant that it might be possible.

It's kind of crazy that nowadays pretty much any male rapper can pop off with one song, but as soon as a female rapper does she's at war with every other female in the industry.

I dunno. Misogyny is still such a big thing in hip hop that I don't see it happening any time soon.

I'm telling yall, a J Cole type female rapper would kill in this climate.

Would love to see this attempted though

By most people but she will always have a few verses like Monster.

I think Nicki will make it. Cash Money has good brand management. Wayne, Drake, and Nicki are all huge.

Even though Cash Money is huge I don't see Nicki having the longevity to break the fems rapper cycle

yall niccas wilin'

a female J Cole=competent singer/rapper regular chicks can identify with. Nicki is basically a parody/fantasy, and Iggy is such a fraud it's hard to imagine anyone "identifying" with her. But a regular chick rapping about abusive dudes, crushes, daddy issues, etc? Tell me that shit wouldn't work, with the right team/image/etc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lil wayne's wanting out of cash money now though. end of an era.
I saw he said something at one of his shows and despite his manager saying it's all good, he sounded pretty frustrated.

Birdman needs to get his head out of young ATL artist's bootyholes and back to the money. Everything he built is at risk here IMO.

yall niccas wilin'

a female J Cole=competent singer/rapper regular chicks can identify with. Nicki is basically a parody/fantasy, and Iggy is such a fraud it's hard to imagine anyone "identifying" with her. But a regular chick rapping about abusive dudes, crushes, daddy issues, etc? Tell me that shit wouldn't work, with the right team/image/etc.
I think the big reason Iggy popped off is because people relate to her. She can be that silly non-Black girl who can do her hip-hop thing. Or thang.

Kwixotik

Unless I'm missing something Lil Wayne kinda is Cash Money

I don't see anybody buying Birdman albums. Most of their money probably comes from Drake and he's more affiliated with Lil Wayne than Birdman

DominoKid

Naw, I agree PD. If she was attractive she could get the guys like cole gets girls to buy his records.

doubt it. at most we'd watch the vids just like nicki. dude's arent really out here buying women's albums no matter how fine they are or how good the music is

overcast

doubt it. at most we'd watch the vids just like nicki. dude's arent really out here buying women's albums no matter how fine they are or how good the music is
Eh probably. But she wouldn't be insanely sexual. She would be a cute chick your mom would be proud of or some shit. If she was talented maybe she could get a fanbase started.

Wait, what the hell are we talking about again? Getting carried away.

Eh probably. But she wouldn't be insanely sexual. She would be a cute chick your mom would be proud of or some shit. If she was talented maybe she could get a fanbase started.

potential names?
young waifu
Ms. Respectable

The big reason Iggy got big is because she's white, "attractive," and had a perfectly crafted radio hit (after a couple duds). She can't rap, is horrible live, and has a rather poor personality. She's also quite touchy and emotional. She won't be around for long, bank on it.

hahaha i wonder how dj mustard feels about a song that rips off his style being bigger than any of his shit though. i swear it's so similar they should be paying royalties.

The big reason Iggy got big is because she's white, "attractive," and had a perfectly crafted radio hit (after a couple duds). She can't rap, is horrible live, and has a rather poor personality. She's also quite touchy and emotional. She won't be around for long, bank on it.

Kwixotik

There was also the shit with ASAP Rocky

I agree with you though

injurai

Banned

she's got a good production team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom