• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

Ain't no drought, Gates bout to drop a dope tape. Between Boosie, JZA and Gates we've been blessed with trap gems this year.

HiResDes

FBOKixL.jpg

Tokubetsu

we are truly blessed. Hoping for a December release but now that I know Ski is involved...take as much time as you need Spitta, should be amazing.

It's an old picture don't get excited. Thinking he's trying to reach out to him? Too much dame dash interference in the communication lines probably. At least I think it's old.

Yeah, I'll check that out. Dillon Cooper tape was good as hell. Energetic boom bap stuff.

Really dope.

I should check that out. He opened for De La Soul a few weeks ago, and after getting over the "who is this tiny motherfucker? Where's De La?" aspect, he kinda won me over by the end, haha.

On a separate random note, I decided to listen to a Yung Lean album for the first time recently since I was wondering who the hell is and knew nothing about him besides his background. Then I listened to J. Cole's album afterward.
I kinda liked Yung Lean's more...

studyguy

I didn't know Cole was going almost 400k strong on this new album.
Dude is genuinely killing it I guess. Where are all these cole stans coming from anyway?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First Impressions - PRHYME

This is a pretty solid EP. Preemo doing his thing. Obviously not his best work, but he still brings those punchy drums that you can't help but knock your head to, and those infectious melodies that have you wondering where the best and song will take you next. Royce is probably spitting his best since Bad Meet Evil or early Slaughterhouse. Still has some eye roll worthy metaphors from time to time but most of the time he's cooking.

It just needs some sort of break in momentum because it can be a bit exhausting hearing Royce spit for 2 minutes and then a loop and back into 2 minutes of Royce spitting each song.

Features are pretty solid aside from maybe Slaughterhouse (Crooked I particularly; pretty tired of him using the if you are what you eat/pussy like over and over). Ab-Soul verse is forgettable. Jay Elec sounding like he spit his verse in the washroom. Decent project overall, will get replay for me. It's like on the very hinge of being boring though.

Guys.. I'm about to post something that's very rare that won't ever happen again.

Shaun King (Activist/Writer on twitter) was tweeting about all the things Jay Z does behind the scenes but doesn't talk about.. made me change my views about Jay tbh
still don't fuck with his music tho

Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean Jay Z isn't ultra conscious and charitable

Shaun King @ShaunKing · 2h 2 hours ago
1. Jay Z is actively meeting with politicians to lobby for a special prosecutor in the choking death of Eric Garner.
2. Jay Z donated privately to Ferguson. Dude goes WAAAAAYYYY out of his way to keep that stuff anonymous. Won't file on his taxes, etc.
3. Jay Z set up an educational trust for Sean Bell's kids. They lost their father at the hands of the NYPD.

Check out his twitter

Maybe I had it wrong about Jigga man..

before esch starts waggin his little fingers around

Nas outchea too.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I should check that out. He opened for De La Soul a few weeks ago, and after getting over the "who is this tiny motherfucker? Where's De La?" aspect, he kinda won me over by the end, haha.

On a separate random note, I decided to listen to a Yung Lean album for the first time recently since I was wondering who the hell is and knew nothing about him besides his background. Then I listened to J. Cole's album afterward.
I kinda liked Yung Lean's more...
Sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom