• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

some of ya'll really want TDE to be a thing, and that's cool

but Q stays average at best on the mic for a while now, and is less exciting than even rashad

think it's time we face facts & accept the lot of em as kdot's bravehearts/outlawz/theodore unit etc

I enjoyed your comments from the past couple pages regarding Q but that Rashad shot wasn't cool my g

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
some of ya'll really want TDE to be a thing, and that's cool

but Q stays average at best on the mic for a while now, and is less exciting than even rashad

think it's time we face facts & accept the lot of em as kdot's bravehearts/outlawz/theodore unit etc

I gives a fuck about TDE, Jay Rock is old and dusty and Soul smoked himsself Lupe 2011. Q goes toe-to-toe with K. Dot on the regular, but he doesn't make music for P4K to jerk themselves off over so he gets passed over.

And ain't nobody less exciting than Isiah. Budden uses Clivia to put himself to sleep. Wale takes inspiration from Isiah. J. Cole listened to Clivia once and decided to switch lanes, because after that the dead ass boring nothing rap lane was all full.

Koozek

Wow, I'm completely behind when it comes to Gang Starr, but man, I'm in for a treat. Moment of Truth is so good.

I listened to Guru's Jazzmatazz Vol. 3: Streetsoul a lot back in the days. Vol. 2 is nice, too.

https://play.spotify.com/track/1eFuyVf8I77imXbGAtJfvF

https://play.spotify.com/track/2ZogcCHaq0jZm22c0IOV9J

EDIT: The whole Guru/Solar stuff coming out after Guru's death are depressing, though. See:
http://www.villagevoice.com/music/t...solar-as-the-most-evil-man-in-hip-hop-6634676

Koozek

This smooth. Sounds like it's sampling some obscure JRPG, lol.
GWKyyZd.gif

The sampling for some reason sounds like the background music from The Great Pumpkin Peanuts special, the part where Snoopy is running around enemy lines in WW1.

HiiiLife

I gives a fuck about TDE, Jay Rock is old and dusty and Soul smoked himsself Lupe 2011. Q goes toe-to-toe with K. Dot on the regular, but he doesn't make music for P4K to jerk themselves off over so he gets passed over.

And ain't nobody less exciting than Isiah. Budden uses Clivia to put himself to sleep. Wale takes inspiration from Isiah. J. Cole listened to Clivia once and decided to switch lanes, because after that the dead ass boring nothing rap lane was all full.

Let it all out WW

He shaved his beard? Fuck it im out

It'll be back in a couple weeks.

Jay Rock is the man, he is the best after kendrick from TDE.

IrishNinja

I enjoyed your comments from the past couple pages regarding Q but that Rashad shot wasn't cool my g

i actually really like rashad

cotdamn, i forgot your disdain for clivia...and ima disagree on the toe-to-toe thing, but maybe that's cause k does more, and more stuff i end up digging (though his guest spots aren't always on point)

One hot verse every 576 verse average. Nah.

see this i can co-sign...i think a lotta folks wanted to get into dude after money trees/etc but his shit's just not consistent

FZZ

Banned
Trying to emulate drake's singing/talking voice is harder than rapping

edit: finally checked out Lil Yachty's album. So many moments where it feels like he's onto something fucking amazing, but his autotune is drawn out far too long. Not quite sold on him yet, but the sound and production are already there he just needs to develop everything else further.

Good Day is fucking dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom