• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

What an asshole. They bring you the wrong alcoholic beverage and now you cancel your performance at a charity concert? Especially with what's going on in Flint right now.

I can think of a couple of people in this very thread that would pull the same thing.

A bud? foh. I'm done.

DominoKid

new Jazz Cartier tomorrow
CaGBuPzWIAAwXIB.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not necessarily related to the alcohol stuff but I've always had a feeling Timbo has needed therapy or counseling or something for a while TBH. Dude zones out when talking about life after BFF-breaking-up with Jay and the shit he went through, talks about his non-platonic love for Aaliyah right after apparently getting out of his marriage trouble, his statements about the state of hip-hop being pretty textbook of when your money slows up, etc. Always seemed like there was a dark side to dude.

Can't believe I like that Meek Millz 4/4 pt 2 better than Drake's new single
stopit.png

The Summer 16 beat was cool but his bars were pretty weak. I guess it's Yeezy Season.

Oh and I need a full and uncensored version of that March Madness Gnauze remix, sounded off.

edit: anyone have the NMPILA Gibbs remix as mp3? It was removed from SoundCloud.

edit2: this War Paint beat is lowkey flames brehs
wow.png

Ohnonono

Safe to say Islah changed when Gates got married, the man's in love and it shows in the music and interviews. No doubt the label got him to make more love anthems too.

Dope album tho just needed a couple more motivation tracks.

Mirrors my thoughts exactly.

Also I think Gates wins the "rapper who talks about his penis the most" award. With most rappers its just slang. With Gates, he is just livin' his life. Dick swangin'.

Bowlie

Banned
I've been listening to Summertime '06 the past few days and it's really dope, everyone; thanks for recommending.

I'm glad it's his debut album (didn't lose much), will keep an eye on him from now on!

Not necessarily related to the alcohol stuff but I've always had a feeling Timbo has needed therapy or counseling or something for a while TBH. Dude zones out when talking about life after BFF-breaking-up with Jay and the shit he went through, talks about his non-platonic love for Aaliyah right after apparently getting out of his marriage trouble, his statements about the state of hip-hop being pretty textbook of when your money slows up, etc. Always seemed like there was a dark side to dude.

Something is off about him. I get the impression he's not doing well, which is baffling given his catalog. But then again he recently confirmed that he didn't sign publishing deals for a lot of his early work, which makes no sense...

Why would he be touring a mixtape if he wasn't desperate?

Koozek

Something is off about him. I get the impression he's not doing well, which is baffling given his catalog. But then again he recently confirmed that he didn't sign publishing deals for a lot of his early work, which makes no sense...

Why would he be touring a mixtape if he wasn't desperate?

You don't always tour and make music for the money.

Kreed

Timbaland's response:

timbaland@kala_1212 u look a smart girl I want everybody to think I wasn't suppose to perform think about it why would I do that see what I need to do for now on call these promoter out that not rite for the fans and me now I've gave money and came and they ask me at last min sorry to the people who lied to y'all but what kills me is that y'all believe anything these days u believe other and not the source u believe a text and y'all r debating over black and white letters

http://www.vibe.com/2016/01/timbaland-responds-flint-charity-concert/

Syntsui

timbaland@kala_1212 u look a smart girl I want everybody to think I wasn't suppose to perform think about it why would I do that see what I need to do for now on call these promoter out that not rite for the fans and me now I've gave money and came and they ask me at last min sorry to the people who lied to y'all but what kills me is that y'all believe anything these days u believe other and not the source u believe a text and y'all r debating over black and white letters
This was painful to read, wow.

I've been listening to Summertime '06 the past few days and it's really dope, everyone; thanks for recommending.

I'm glad it's his debut album (didn't lose much), will keep an eye on him from now on!

Hell Can Wait is also worth listening to. Not on the same level, but it's decent and Blue Suade goes hard.

In other news, Timbaland tapping into that James Joyce rambling stream of consciousness.

overcast

You should check out Hell Can Wait for the first like 4 or 5 tracks. All really solid. Blue Suede and Hands Up are terrific.
Rumor by Ebro: Cole x Drake tour coming this summer
https://soundcloud.com/hot97ny/ebro-in-the-morning-feb-1-2016
Interesting. Could have sworn these too weren't as tight anymore.
TBaP went platinum brehs.
Well deserved.

Nibel

Nibel what's the verdict on the divison?

One of the better and more interesting Ubisoft games I feel; good visuals (at least on PS4 which I played it on), interesting NY setting with weather and day/night cycles (kinda gave me I Am Legend vibes) and the gameplay itself works surprisingly well even though they didn't show the entire gameplay loop in that beta since a lot of stuff is locked.

It feels a lot like Destiny but taking place in a more lively and dense world. You can just roam around and killing people, do quests, do sidequests or go into 'Dark Zone' where you can get better loot.

It left a pretty good impression on me; Ubi might have a good year with this and Siege. Yet I'm not sure if I would buy this day 1 since just like Destiny this game's life will be determined by support, and while I think Ubisoft has a way better workpipeline and more resourced than Bungie does, I remain sceptical.

Oh, and that UI is fucking slick as shit. Did you play the beta? Still running until tomorrow iirc

If anybody is into the UK hip-hop scene then check out LEVELZ from Manchester.

They just dropped their debut album (mixtape), LVL 11.

A bit on the grime side with a few proper hip-hop style tracks. Very, very lyrical. Great rappers.

cc8d0636ab902cdd287f850ea754316e.725x427x1.jpg

Live Freestyle video on Beats 1 (Apple Music link)

Album link on Apple Music

23-lets-be-friends.gif

Dope, didn't know about this. I know about Black Josh from his Blah stuff and Truthos and Sparkz from The Mouse Outfit but the rest are new to me.

You know about Ocean Wisdom's debut dropping in a few weeks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ooWA6tlD9o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bxqkjm52Cc

Lad is too much, he's got a track on the album about Emile Heskey and it sounds gully as fuck lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom