• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckoner

I don't know. Asking for fav Kanye West is interesting, but more interesting would be knowing everyone's favorite Thugga and Future. Just saying. Anyway, HiiiLife, both Spaceship and Bittersweet are great Kanye tracks. All the best to you fam.

Also, I want to throw a shout out to Pharrell Williams. Dude is a legend and we don't talk much about him here. The waviest. Max B in the flesh. Da Vinci. One hundred times more influential than Kubrick. I just woke up feeling like I should praise the man who has given so much joy to my ears all these years.

I don't know. Asking for fav Kanye West is interesting, but more interesting would be knowing everyone's favorite Thugga and Future. Just saying. Anyway, HiiiLife, both Spaceship and Bittersweet are great Kanye tracks. All the best to you fam.

Fewch - March Madness
Thugga - Thief in the Night

HiiiLife

Also, I want to throw a shout out to Pharrell Williams. Dude is a legend and we don't talk much about him here. The waviest. Max B in the flesh. Da Vinci. One hundred times more influential than Kubrick. I just woke up feeling like I should praise the man who has given so much joy to my ears all these years.

I'm like the only guy in GAF Hop who doesn't care for future really. Thug I've only listened to a couple projects so I'm not well versed in either artists.

I'm surprised I've been seeing a lot of ads for Gallant lately on YouTube. Really curious if this dude is gonna make it big in the industry. Also R&B has been dope this year. More so than hip hop IMO.

I'm like the only guy in GAF Hop who doesn't care for future really. Thug I've only listened to a couple projects so I'm not well versed in either artists.

I'm surprised I've been seeing a lot of ads for Gallant lately on YouTube. Really curious if this dude is gonna make it big in the industry. Also R&B has been dope this year. More so than hip hop IMO.
You are not alone.

I don't care much for future, nor do I care much for Thug. They're workout playlist material, but not much else. There are really 2 Future songs I regularly come back to: March Madness and Low Life. I don't really have an answer for the Thug question though.

Hitta93

Banned
Hunger for More 2(slightly worse)
BOATS II(better than the original)
OB4CL II(there's not much of a dropoff IMO)
Pilot Talk II
Stillmatic

I used Google.

HiiiLife

You are not alone.

I don't care much for future, nor do I care much for Thug. They're workout playlist material, but not much else. There are really 2 Future songs I regularly come back to: March Madness and Low Life. I don't really have an answer for the Thug question though.

Same. Except Fuck up some commas and Low life. And that's for Weeknds part, then I'll Usually skip the song.

I'll much rather listen to 2 Chainz over Future as well.

I'm saying doe.

Koozek

You are not alone.

I'm so glad that Future "clicked" for me at some point last year (a few months late to the DS2 craze). Basically 70% of my on-the-go playlist is Future for over a year now. DS2, PR, EVOL, Monster. But strangely I don't listen to him at home much. Dunno why.

HiiiLife

I still love 2 chainz for saying getting head while SHES driving. Legit one of the best lol moments I've had when I first heard that.

Also.

crib bigger than your imagination

ARK322

Neo Member

Best Future is Codeine Crazy. Best Thugger is The Blanguage.

Ivan 3414

Run The Jewels has taken the place of Eminem for white people thinking they're at the forefront of hip hop

So in that case, I'm guessing folks will discount everything good RTJ has done in hip-hop since a lot of white people like them now?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Quick contenders for favourite verses this year:

Meek's 1st on Pray For Em
You around cause you paid niggas.
In the dark when we spray niggas.
When we run into you, we ain't playin' with you

Ye on FSMH Pt.2
All his cash, market crashed
Hurt him bad, people get divorced for that
Drops some stacks pops is good
Momma pass in Hollywood
If you ask, lost my soul
Driving fast, lost control
Off the road, jaw was broke
'Member we all was broke
'Member I'm coming back
I'll be taking all the stacks

Nas on March Madness (Remix)
Pick the city, I knock four of ya' baddest
16 chillin' with Supreme Magnetic
Fort Greene nigga with a little Queens bastard
Now I'm in a Ghost or a Benz or an Aston, icon status

Lil Yachty on Mixtape
Time and time again, they told me no
They told me I wouldn't go
'Cause in high school all I cared about was hoes
Well, maybe that shit was my interest
Now I spend more than they make at my dentist
After 1Night the folks thought I was finished
I pinned my name to the game like a seamstress

Q's first on Dope Dealer
I got a sack of blue faces but my AR black
I got two bitches in my whip and they gon' hold my strap
I put the knife to the coca leaf and turn that crack
I put the nine to your coconut and pull that back

Mystikal on Just a Lil' Thick
Yeah, she might be a little round..
But she look just like Beyonce sitting down

Belly's second on Money Go
Smoke my thoughts and drink my fears
Pray to god but I don’t think he hears
Water muddy, but the crystal's clear
Case I need to make it crystal clear

Kodak Black on Pick These Hoes Apart
Ain't tryna flatter you but baby you a star
I had to come after you, I seen you from afar
When she walked in I was standin' by the bar
Soon I saw you girl my dick was standin' hard

Quavo on Pick Up The Phone
Birds in the trap sing Brian McKnight
Percocet and Codeine please don't take my life

Drake on No Shopping
Last week, boy dem runnin' in the room (eh)
This week sold one point two (eh)
Yeah, it's a Boucheron baby boy
Yeah, and I know Taraji like I'm baby boy (eh)

Drake on 4PM in Calabasas
"Mike never tried to rap like Pac
Pac never tried to sing like Mike"
Those my dad's words to me
When I asked him how to make it in life
And I always said my mother gave the greatest advice

Thug on Gangster Shit
I was bangin', servin' rocks inside my classes
Big pimpin', you can send or just fax it

I like 'em for different reasons. Mixtape, Gangster Shit, Pick Up The Phone, Pick These Hoes Apart got them crack flows, No Shopping is a pretty well put together diss verse on multiple levels and just a great shit talking song, Money Go has me reflecting on life with some of those bars, Just A Lil Thick is just hilarious, Pray For Em & Dope Dealer makes you involuntarily start mean mugging, FSMH Pt.2 is :cryfam, whereas 4PM and March Madness are more generally impressive lyrically.

HiiiLife

Best verses is a bit of tough one, but the ones I really dug this year were:

Quavo's on Pick Up the Phone.
Chance's on Ultra Light Beam.
3000 on Solo (Reprise)
Kanye and Kendrick on No More Parties in LA.

That's all that is immediately coming to mind, and I'm pretty sure it shows how little I listened to rap this year.

Eminem is threatening to release a new single for his album sometime soon.

Guesses as to what this flabby man will rap about now? Hailie Jade being in college.

You need to get on that Thugga asap, Andrew.

edit: also gonna nominate the hook on Good Drank as a strong contender for hook of the year. Been a strong year for Quavo.

She say the molly give her thizz face
Put the dick in her ribcage

HiiiLife

Finally listened to River Tibers album. Smooth shit.

Also Tigallerro is still a dope duo from these dudes.

R&B albums make up most of my top 10 this year it feels.

You need to get on that Thugga asap, Andrew.

edit: also gonna nominate the hook on Good Drank as a strong contender for hook of the year. Been a strong year for Quavo.

She say the molly give her thizz face
Put the dick in her ribcage

Yeah, I shall soon. I haven't been listening to as much music since I've been busy, but hopefully a downtime will come. I need a break soon, LOL.

HiiiLife

Which ones? Thanks!

For All We Know by Nao
Tigallerro by Phonte / Eric Robertson
ELdorado by Ro James
Eastway by Hudson East

I can see Solange and River Tiber making it but River Tiber is still relatively fresh in my head, and as for Solange I just want to try and save room for other genres in my top 10.

Koozek

For All We Know by Nao
Tigallerro by Phonte / Eric Robertson
ELdorado by Ro James
Eastway by Hudson East

I can see Solange and River Tiber making it but River Tiber is still relatively fresh in my head, and as for Solange I just want to try and save room for other genres in my top 10.
Gonna check some of them tomorrow. Good looks.

HiiiLife

you forgot views

#sound

Like I said, I'm saving a couple spots for my rap albums

z4LPR.png

On the topic of Drake, can I just say how fucking dumb it is for Drake to classify "More Life" as a playlist?

A playlist of original music is what we in the biz call an "album", Drake. It's a goddamn album, not a mixtape you pay for, not a playlist of original music you pay for, not a set of frequencies that, when played simultaneously, produce something akin to a melody and vocals that you pay for.

To add on to HiiLife's list, check out Jenny Hval's "Blood Bitch" as well.

HiiiLife

tell me you didn't have that at hand my man

I stay ready fam.

On the topic of Drake, can I just say how fucking dumb it is for Drake to classify "More Life" as a playlist?

A playlist of original music is what we in the biz call an "album", Drake. It's a goddamn album, not a mixtape you pay for, not a playlist of original music you pay for, not a set of frequencies that, when played simultaneously, produce something akin to a melody and vocals that you pay for.

To add on to HiiLife's list, check out Jenny Hval's "Blood Bitch" as well.

Will for sure. I wish I knew my way around other genres such as rock, like I do rap / R&B / reggae, need some accessible shit to really set my interest off in those genres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom