• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of Drake, can I just say how fucking dumb it is for Drake to classify "More Life" as a playlist?

A playlist of original music is what we in the biz call an "album", Drake. It's a goddamn album, not a mixtape you pay for, not a playlist of original music you pay for, not a set of frequencies that, when played simultaneously, produce something akin to a melody and vocals that you pay for.

To add on to HiiLife's list, check out Jenny Hval's "Blood Bitch" as well.

LOL at IFRTITL being a mixtape.

barnone

if i thought i could make bank off making playlists i would chase that dream. i'd rotate new music made by my friends into it, if they were any good at making singles.

shoelacer

Banned
Wayne walked back his BLM comments, blaming the reporter souring his mood by asking questions about his daughter ('would you be mad is someone called her bitch or hoe?'). Dude has been doing this for like 20 years and still can't figure out how to give an interview without looking like a total asshole.

HiiiLife

Wayne walked back his BLM comments, blaming the reporter souring his mood by asking questions about his daughter ('would you be mad is someone called her bitch or hoe?'). Dude has been doing this for like 20 years and still can't figure out how to give an interview without looking like a total asshole.
01.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Quavo was way better on F Cancer than PUTP imo. Dude fuckin floats over that beat.
I considered his F Cancer verse too, which is also exceptional, but

TBH I don't have a kid but I can see someone getting fired up if they're asked some bullshit to start with..

..but Wayne has a history of making stupid ass comments about BLM, and the way this is being reported, it sounds like those questions are the scapegoat for his behaviour.

Wayne's publicist like

help_on_the_way_mrs_doubtfire.gif

IrishNinja

gaf-hop still trying to come for RTJ eh

RTJ2 was an amazing album. I did a quick search and saw it was this thread's AOTY that year. Granted I thought RTJ1 was meh, but surely after 2 it's hard to outright dismiss them or be tired.

Eminem has been trash for a decade. I'll wait for RTJ to release a bad album before making statements on their trumped up place in the genre...

Never been a fan of RTJ but I've been supporting Killer Mike since Pledge II so I'm happy for his success.

I get what you're saying but after that last thing he farted out I'm pretty sure Eminem is still miles ahead of them in that regard. He hasn't made a decent song in over a decade, and he just gets worse, but somehow people buy into the 'rap god' thing even more now that he's complete trash

these posts are good posts

saw RTJ last year with DOOM & Ghost, crowd was all over all of them. if they were all quiet & shit until RTJ took the stage i'dve understood the association though

T Dollarz

Yall were not joking about this Saba tape, The Bucket List Project. Almost through first listen and it's an easy top 10 entry, don't even have to think twice about it. It's hitting all the marks right now. I wanna say this is like Kendrick Lamar meets Noname meets Mac Miller. And I was not expecting that Noname feature, and I was just thinking about their similarities and then she pops up on a feature. Perfect. Especially as a Chi town homie, this just hits the spot.

Koozek

Yall were not joking about this Saba tape, The Bucket List Project. Almost through first listen and it's an easy top 10 entry, don't even have to think twice about it. It's hitting all the marks right now. I wanna say this is like Kendrick Lamar meets Noname meets Mac Miller. And I was not expecting that Noname feature, and I was just thinking about their similarities and then she pops up on a feature. Perfect. Especially as a Chi town homie, this just hits the spot.
Yuppp, loving it. Was just listening to it again. Funny thing is, I loved his features on Chance and Noname's tapes, but didn't realize he was the same guy on those two and Bucket List until a few days ago when someone mentioned it here, lol. I remember the same thing happening with Noname when I listened to Telefone and didn't know it was the girl whose verse I liked on Color Book. I don't check the names of every feature anymore these days when I just have the streams playing in the background. Don't even know half the songs' names either.

Man, this whole new wave of Chi artists is so good. Some sincere, soulful shit. I've said this before, but it's like the perfect blend of underground rap from my youth (Blu, Median, Fashawn etc.) and modern production.

Reckoner

That makes no sense.

Knowing Drake, he probably doesn't even know what a mixtape is and slaps that label just because it sounds cool.

I have to check on that new Saba. I like Chance and Noname and all that wavy Chi city vibe, but it is not something that I listen to often because it's too positive and that bothers me at times. It's still nice to chill to.

Koozek

Knowing Drake, he probably doesn't even know what a mixtape is and slaps that label just because it sounds cool.

I have to check on that new Saba. I like Chance and Noname and all that wavy Chi city vibe, but it is not something that I listen to often because it's too positive and that bothers me at time. It's still nice to chill to.
SppCcXC.gif

D.R.A.M. is great!

But you guys probably already knew that. I only just heard him when I shazammed Broccoli from the Atlanta season finale title shot lol

but seriously Monticello Ave, right?

Koozek

kai3345

Banned
hope Stoney lives up to August 26, which was one of the best projects of the year by far imo. still have it in the rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom